High Packet loss, how do I go about fixing this? Thank you.

Discus and support High Packet loss, how do I go about fixing this? Thank you. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My Xbox series X is showing that I have high packet loss. How do I resolve this? Thank you. 7d6012e1-5d69-49ee-b217-1f85f9637990 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by mojostyles1, Mar 8, 2024.

1. mojostyles1
    mojostyles1 Guest

My Xbox series X is showing that I have high packet loss. How do I resolve this? Thank you.

:)

mojostyles1, Mar 8, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Mojostyles1 my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Are you having disconnections while playing?

There is this current inconsistency that shows 100% packet loss on the network test but players can still play without an issue.

If it was 100% packet loss, you wouldn't be able to connect and navigate at all on the console.

Please, try clearing your MAC address.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system, then Settings.

In the General tab, select Network settings > Advanced settings > Alternate MAC address > Clear.

Restart your console. Press and hold the Xbox button in the center of your controller to open the Power Center.

Select Restart console and then select Restart.

(If the console appears to be frozen, press and hold the Xbox button on the console for 10 seconds, until the console turns off. After the console shuts down, touch the Xbox button on the console again to restart.)

Sign in to your console.

Let me know if it works!
  3. Sky Wheels Win User

How do I fix my issue High packet

High packet loss on Xbox and don't know how to fix it
  4. DFWM Wolverine Win User

High Packet loss

Okay What is going on I am getting 100% packet loss and now I cant seem to do anything about it. what is the issue how can we fix this
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

Xbox App shows 100% packet loss but "Xbox Networking" show 0% so i can't play Forza

Hello there,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. Since turning off the firewall seemed to fix the high packet loss issue, you may want to try finding some middle ground here. Try lowering the firewall settings a bit to see if this helps.

Aside from that, I recommend checking out the troubleshooting on this step. The article is for when a console has high packet loss, but the troubleshooting is for your network and router so it can help you out on pc as well :

Multiplayer Connection Error Solution

Just select High packet loss and go through the steps.

Hope this helps!
  6. z8rTT Win User

Error 0x801901f4

Detailed network statistics

download speed

42.41Mbps

upload speed

Packet loss

1%

MTU

Latency

170m

wireless strength

100%

Thanks for that info. Please see our Multiplayer Connection troubleshooting guide as it includes steps for issues pertaining to packet loss
    under "You have high packet loss". While your packet loss is not currently high, any packet loss can contribute to any network issues you're experiencing.
    good evening....

last night its work when i rest my console but today not

. after i did Test multiplayer connection... the result

Not connected

your network isn't set up......

how can fixed this..?

best Regards,,,,
Thema:

1. High Packet loss, how do I go about fixing this? Thank you. - Similar Threads - High Packet loss

2. High packet loss and QoS not working, can anyone give me any tips to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    High packet loss and QoS not working, can anyone give me any tips to fix it?: I know what packet loss is, but I don't understand why only certain games I play are experiencing it, when it happens I do the network speed and stats test and it shows that I only have 1% packet...
  3. High Packet Loss and High Latency

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Packet Loss and High Latency: I recently upgraded my internet to gig internet. Started doing multiplayer/network connection tests, receiving 100% high packet loss. Here's the kicker. It is inconsistent. I ran 30 tests in a...
  4. 100% High Packet Loss -- a glitch in my Xbox's software?

in XBoX on Consoles
    100% High Packet Loss -- a glitch in my Xbox's software?: Started doing multiplayer/network connection tests, receiving 100% high packet loss. Here's the kicker. It is inconsistent. I ran 30 tests in a row. High packet loss (100%) for 17 while 0% packet...
  5. High Packet Loss

in XBoX on Windows
    High Packet Loss: Currently having an issue that says I have 100% packet loss. This is a completely new thing. I don't know why or how it happened cause the internet I have is literally unbelievable. I've tried...
  6. How did I fix high packet loss I’m on Verizon Fios

in XBoX on Consoles
    How did I fix high packet loss I’m on Verizon Fios: When I turn on my game and try to play DMZ it won’t connect due to high packet loss 100% 7333ada5-bce4-4337-b6aa-bf24d19461e6
  7. Why. Is my packet loss so high on my Xbox x? I’ve tried everything to fix this and yet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why. Is my packet loss so high on my Xbox x? I’ve tried everything to fix this and yet...: Packet loss on Xbox x had jumped to 100% since yesterday. I never experienced this before and all the resetting, cable checks have been tried. This is extremely annoying as I can’t play...
  8. High packet loss I don't know how to fix it

in XBoX on Windows
    High packet loss I don't know how to fix it: I have a 100% packet loss and I don't know how to fix 9f2b70d7-77bb-46ea-b91f-92056c16838e
  9. Need help fixing high packet loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help fixing high packet loss: My packet loss has recently been at around 20% and is making multiplayer games impossible to play. I've currently port forwarded but hasn't really helped. I really could use some help...
  10. fortnite high ping / packet loss ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    fortnite high ping / packet loss ?: when i play fortnite for some reason i see red bars in the connection but its weird becouse i have a insane good ethernet connection cuz i play wired i have 600mbs up 40mbs down and 19ms...