High Packet Loss and High Latency

Discus and support High Packet Loss and High Latency in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I recently upgraded my internet to gig internet. Started doing multiplayer/network connection tests, receiving 100% high packet loss. Here's the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Grizzle Dizzle, Sep 24, 2023.

1. High Packet Loss and High Latency

I recently upgraded my internet to gig internet. Started doing multiplayer/network connection tests, receiving 100% high packet loss.

Here's the kicker. It is inconsistent. I ran 30 tests in a row. High packet loss (100%) for 17 while 0% packet loss for the other 13 tests. High latency (over 100) as well, when before latency would range between 58 ms to 88 ms.

A technician from my ISP came out and ran a bunch of tests. No issues on their end. He checked the lines, meter, etc. Everything is receiving full strength and running well. This was happening on my five year old router, so I went out and bought a brand new router, and it's still happening. I have had the same internet service provider for nearly twenty years, and I've been on (or what was called) Xbox Live for about the same time span. My ISP has not changed anything to block anything Xbox related given that I can still play online. It's just that these network tests are yielding subpar performance in its statistics.

The tech says it has to be on Xbox's end, and I am inclined to believe him, because all my other devices through multiple speed tests on different sites have no such packet loss/ping issues.

I can also confirm, when I play online multiplayer, everything runs as normal as usual. I tried Rocket League, NBA 2K24 and Halo Infinite, and I can play without noticeable latency. Surely, if my packet loss was actually 100%, I wouldn't be able to play at all!

What gives? It has to be something through Xbox's end.

Notes: I am on a wired ethernet connection. I have power/hard reset my Xbox, reset to factory settings, reset my routers to factory settings, rebooted my modem and router, tried clearing my MAC address, tried both Google and Cloudflare's DNS settings, etc. etc. etc. Nothing has helped.

:)

Grizzle Dizzle, Sep 24, 2023
  2. Lavenia A. Win User

I appreciate you for sending us the photo. We encourage you to submit your issues and provide feedback to team Xbox so they can investigate this further. It would be more beneficial if you could send them a screenshot of the problem that demonstrates the 100% packet loss when playing any game.

See Provide feedback to Team Xbox | Xbox Support.
  3. Lavenia A. Win User

Hi Grizzle Dizzle,

Thank you for reaching Microsoft Community,

Thank you for reaching out to us. I understand that you are experiencing high packet loss and high latency issues while running network tests on your Xbox Series X|S and Xbox One consoles. I'm sorry to hear that you have tried several troubleshooting steps, but the issue still persists.

• Kindly go to Xbox Console's Settings.
    • Select Network and Network Settings.
    • Look for NAT Type.
    • Please reply with a screenshot or picture of the Xbox Network.

If there is an error message, we may need to perform troubleshooting, for it.

Also, try connecting your Xbox console directly to your modem and run the network tests again to see if the issue persists.

You may find the articles listed below useful.

The packet loss % displayed in network tests may not always accurately reflect the actual gameplay experience, especially if you are not experiencing any problems while playing games online. It's possible that the network tests are indicating packet loss due to brief network oscillations or issues with the test servers themselves.

I hope to hear back from you.

Kind regards,

Lavenia
  4. Grizzle Dizzle Win User

Hi Lavenia.

No issues whatsoever with NAT type, as seen in the attachment. Never really have had a problem with that aspect before.

[​IMG]
  5. Anomaly107 Win User

I am having the same problem, 100% packet loss with latency of 68 - 123. It has been going on for over a month now. It started every 3 - 5 hours, then every 1-3 hours, the end of last month it was every hour. Now its every 3 - 6 mins. I have spoken with my internet provider. I have replaced wires and modem. They have checked all the main wiring to the house. I have tested all my game consoles and the only problem with packet loss is my xbox series x and my xbox one x. I cannot play any online games. I get booted out of the game every 3 - 6 mins. I have gotten booted out to the title screen of the game. I have been booted out to the xbox home page. I have even got booted out where the system just shuts off.

I have invested a lot of money to play these games and I cannot enjoy them. I went out and bought the same games for my PS5 just so that I can play them without any packet loss. I am able to play games for hours and have no connection issues. Only problem is that 99% of my friends are on Xbox. I want to be able to play with them.
  6. ROBIN H 25 Win User

latency

I have the same high latency here, im from the UK and have a wired connection to my modem, no router,

my NAT is open,

124 mbps download - 0% packet loss

13 mbps upload - 0% packet loss

latency 155 - 185 ms,

With this high latency its no fun playing games online or trying to compete in such games as Battlefield 4 or Call of Duty: Ghosts when U.S players have better pings then E.U players, seeing that Xbox One servers are only in the U.S,

I hope there are plans for some E.U Xbox One servers to cut down the high latency.
Thema:

1. High Packet Loss and High Latency - Similar Threads - High Packet Loss

2. High Packet loss, how do I go about fixing this? Thank you.

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Packet loss, how do I go about fixing this? Thank you.: My Xbox series X is showing that I have high packet loss. How do I resolve this? Thank you. 7d6012e1-5d69-49ee-b217-1f85f9637990
  3. High packet loss and QoS not working, can anyone give me any tips to fix it?

in XBoX on Consoles
    High packet loss and QoS not working, can anyone give me any tips to fix it?: I know what packet loss is, but I don't understand why only certain games I play are experiencing it, when it happens I do the network speed and stats test and it shows that I only have 1% packet...
  4. 100% High Packet Loss -- a glitch in my Xbox's software?

in XBoX on Consoles
    100% High Packet Loss -- a glitch in my Xbox's software?: Started doing multiplayer/network connection tests, receiving 100% high packet loss. Here's the kicker. It is inconsistent. I ran 30 tests in a row. High packet loss (100%) for 17 while 0% packet...
  5. High Packet Loss

in XBoX on Windows
    High Packet Loss: Currently having an issue that says I have 100% packet loss. This is a completely new thing. I don't know why or how it happened cause the internet I have is literally unbelievable. I've tried...
  6. How did I fix high packet loss I’m on Verizon Fios

in XBoX on Consoles
    How did I fix high packet loss I’m on Verizon Fios: When I turn on my game and try to play DMZ it won’t connect due to high packet loss 100% 7333ada5-bce4-4337-b6aa-bf24d19461e6
  7. Why. Is my packet loss so high on my Xbox x? I’ve tried everything to fix this and yet...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why. Is my packet loss so high on my Xbox x? I’ve tried everything to fix this and yet...: Packet loss on Xbox x had jumped to 100% since yesterday. I never experienced this before and all the resetting, cable checks have been tried. This is extremely annoying as I can’t play...
  8. High packet loss I don't know how to fix it

in XBoX on Windows
    High packet loss I don't know how to fix it: I have a 100% packet loss and I don't know how to fix 9f2b70d7-77bb-46ea-b91f-92056c16838e
  9. Need help fixing high packet loss

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help fixing high packet loss: My packet loss has recently been at around 20% and is making multiplayer games impossible to play. I've currently port forwarded but hasn't really helped. I really could use some help...
  10. fortnite high ping / packet loss ?

in XBoX on Consoles
    fortnite high ping / packet loss ?: when i play fortnite for some reason i see red bars in the connection but its weird becouse i have a insane good ethernet connection cuz i play wired i have 600mbs up 40mbs down and 19ms...