High contrast mode breaks prime video

Discus and support High contrast mode breaks prime video in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; If you have high contrast active on Xbox and try watching a video on prime. The video will play as a black screen and audio. The ui will still be... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Laughingcadet, Jan 3, 2020.

1. High contrast mode breaks prime video

If you have high contrast active on Xbox and try watching a video on prime. The video will play as a black screen and audio. The ui will still be visible and you can pause play ect...

submitted by /u/Laughingcadet
    [link] [comments]

/u/Laughingcadet, Jan 3, 2020
  2. Sgt Robbins 56 Win User

Xbox One and Amazon Prime Video.

I had the dark mode setting on my xbox. Turned it off and it works fine.
    Dude

It worked! Five hours with Amazon and two hours with microsoft and nothing worked. I went to setting, "Ease of access" and high contrast.

Strange thing is Prime video was working for the first month, then the video quite.

Thank you!
  3. gds1972 Win User

Xbox One not showing colors, just grayscale

4. Socerest Win User

Weird color change

Hello!

I believe you have high contrast on. I'm providing a video showing how to put it on, just when you get to the high contrast screen, put it to off.

Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ceMQSJFgafU

Best Regards,

Vince
  5. Unreal Warfare Win User

BF4 - PS4@900p, XB1@720p. BUT WAIT....

More to the point. Why do other videos not show such a high contrast difference?
  6. PresumedYew1447 Win User

Xbox One Not Highlighting Selections in Apps (Prime, Netflix, etc.)

Thank you for the message. This solved my problem as well.

To summarize (for search engine optimization purposes): using the Amazon Prime Video app on the Xbox One game console, I couldn't tell which button, option or movie was selected as I moved my cursor around the UI. On other versions of the app, selected options are filled with orange or have an orange outline around them. My problem was that on Xbox One, the buttons wouldn't be outlined in orange and I couldn't tell what was selected. From the original question, this may affect Netflix and other apps too.

Solution (as stated by cashu2, I'm just repeating it here so others can find it): Turn off "High Contrast" mode in the Xbox Settings application.

• Hit the Xbox Menu / Guide button (white button with the xbox logo X in it)
    • Select Settings from the menu, or go to Xbox Home and select Settings from there
    • Choose Accessibility from the main Settings menu
    • Choose High Contrast on the list of buttons on the right
    • Click the "High Contrast" drop down box (it has a little down arrow on it).
    • Change it from the current setting (there are three) to "Off"
    • Click the Apply button
    • Go back to Amazon Prime and the highlight will appear.
Thema:

High contrast mode breaks prime video

1. High contrast mode breaks prime video - Similar Threads - High contrast mode

2. High on life doesn’t work on cloud gaming

in XBoX on Windows
    High on life doesn’t work on cloud gaming: For some reason when I first downloaded high on life for cloud gaming it didn’t work it only said it’s currently unavailable for cloud gaming even though I have ultimate to play it on cloud gaming...
  3. High CPU temperature and high memory usage (even when not gaming)

in XBoX on Consoles
    High CPU temperature and high memory usage (even when not gaming): Hello, around few weeks ago my pc has been starting to act up. At first I thought it was just the particular game I was playing cause other games ran fine and that game just wasn't balanced enough...
  4. My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My series x makes a noise through my headphones so high pitched you can't physically hear...: Everytime I use my Xbox series x with headphones, I feel my hearing start to worsen on my right ear as I continue to play and by the end of my time using it, my eardrum feel completely inflamed...
  5. When i hopped on my xbox today, i turned on with a high contrast, i dont know how to turn...

in XBoX on Windows
    When i hopped on my xbox today, i turned on with a high contrast, i dont know how to turn...: How do i get rid of the high contrast on my xbox, i cant see anything on my screen 0447d0b0-2a39-4589-8dd3-8b2137994f52
  6. How do I keep my personalized background after applying a high contrast theme?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How do I keep my personalized background after applying a high contrast theme?: When I apply high contrast, light or dark, my personalized xbox background disappears. I love the feel of the theme I chose. Setting my background after applying the contrast theme isn't working...
  7. Black screen error (High contrast and negative colors)

in XboX Insiders
    Black screen error (High contrast and negative colors): I started the console and everything looks horrible like the title says, I can't upload a pic but I tried everything and isn't working, I was in the Beta ring (I went out trying to fix it), it's...
  8. High Contrast Timer

in XBoX on Consoles
    High Contrast Timer: For the High Contrast feature, we have light and dark themes. I really think it would be beneficial if there was a timer to switch between the themes. One part of the day, light theme. Another...
  9. High contrast accessability option failure

in XBoX on Consoles
    High contrast accessability option failure: Specifically in the "xbox accessories" app, the cursor is invisible in two places: at the top of the front menu, there's no indication that "community configurations" or "new configuration" is...
  10. Xbox one poor display, blurry high contrast

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one poor display, blurry high contrast: Help, I bought xbox one and i got blurry colours my tv is 720 3hdmi port, on xbox 360 the quality is perfect if i put it to port 2 , but on xbox one i tried all options all settings and nothing...