Hi my Xbox light on console turns on but nothing on tv.

Discus and support Hi my Xbox light on console turns on but nothing on tv. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I've changed HDMI cords..and unplugging power for 30 secs. I bought this for Xmas and it hasn't worked since end of March. F.y.i it doesn't take discs... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Jocelyn Brown1, Jul 18, 2023.

1. Hi my Xbox light on console turns on but nothing on tv.

I've changed HDMI cords..and unplugging power for 30 secs.

I bought this for Xmas and it hasn't worked since end of March. F.y.i it doesn't take discs either.very frustrating. Any tips on how to fix

:)

Jocelyn Brown1, Jul 18, 2023
  2. DeniqL Win User

Hi,Jocelyn! I'm Luis, a fellow Xbox Gamer . Thanks for reaching us out here.

Try resetting your display settings

If there's a disc in the console, eject it.

On the console, press and hold the Power button on the front of the console for 10 seconds to turn off the console.

Press and hold the Power button and the Eject button until you hear a beep to turn on the console. You’ll hear one beep right away and a second beep 10 seconds later. The power light will flash on before the second beep. Don’t let go until you hear the second beep or see the console start up in low resolution mode (the Xbox startup screen will appear slightly pixelated).

Note If you have an Xbox Series S or Xbox One S All-Digital Edition, press and hold the Xbox button  and the Pair button  instead, as your console doesn’t have an Eject button.

In either case, this will start up your console in low resolution mode (640 × 480).

To change this setting, press the Xbox button  on your controller to open the guide. Go to Profile & system > Settings > General > TV & display options, and then select the resolution that you want from the options under Display
  3. UsualPandora753 Win User

hdmi failure. TV not detecting my xbox one

Mythic Sandman I did try what you asked and it is the same. nothing show up on my tv, light flash on my gamepad, console light is on and look like booting but after a couple of minutes the console turn off with the little sound.
  4. SpreadCelery91 Win User

Big problem - xbox not showing any image on tv (no sound either)

Hi I have the same problem. just back from a 4 week holiday and xbox was working properly. now although green lights are on nothing appears on my Tv. (same tv it always worked on) The xbox 360 is hard wired and connected to tv with hdmi cable. I also
    tried it on another tv with the same results. The contoller lights up as it supposed to but still nothing on tv. Please help
  5. SCOTTVOORHEES Win User

opinions on leaving on and tv app!!!

Silent so when you turn the tv off via the xbox the tv light goes off. the dvr light goes off and the ONE light goes off?

And then simply saying XBOX ON it turns on then say tv on the tv and dvr turn on?
  6. JhonSnow777 Win User

Xbox One S - X Button Light turns on and console appears on but nothing is visible on TV and turns of after 40 - 50 Sec

Hi Guys,

Need urgent help.

My Xbox One S - X Button Light turns on pressing the power button and console appears on but nothing is visible on TV and turns of after 40 - 50 Sec.

This happened after last night my Xbox was turned on automatically in the middle of the night (maybe it was an automatic update) and I could see my Xbox light was blinking and then switched off after a couple of minutes.

The next morning, when I tried switching it on, it was not turning on.

Please help.

Thanks

Deepankar
    Hello, do you already performed a console power cycle? this will fix most of the times this kind of issues, here are the instructions in the following link:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/console/power-cycle-console

Let us know if these sugestions fix your issue, or if you need more assistance?
Thema:

1. Hi my Xbox light on console turns on but nothing on tv. - Similar Threads - light console turns

2. Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series S to Acer k272hl No signal and yellow light: I recently tried connecting my Xbox series S to a acer k272hl and every time I connect the cable it says NO SIGNAL, then the light goes yellow. Then it just repeats forever. I tried three...
  3. My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox elite controllers light doesn't turn on and only some buttons work: My xbxo elite controllers xbox button turned blue after hopping onto a game and none of the buttons worked so I hard reset my controller to see if that would fix it but it didn't. Instead the xbox...
  4. Xbox one has a bright light then turns dim and not connecting to TV plus controller just...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox one has a bright light then turns dim and not connecting to TV plus controller just...: I've tried connecting controller manually but still just flashes, have also unplugged everything and checked leads etc but still doing the same thing! Any ideas please or has it had its day?...
  5. LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light (IN PC)

in XboX Insiders
    LED controller xbox series x has a lot of light (IN PC): I wanna know if there is any way to turn off the led or set a lower intensity to it, in the night it is very uncomfortable. I know there is a way to change it in console but I didn't found any in...
  6. Xbox One X Blinking Guide Light on Console When Powered Off

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One X Blinking Guide Light on Console When Powered Off: Xbox One X, when I turn it off, the Guide Light on the front panel blinks for several minutes before it finally turns off on its own. It is getting proper ventilation all around, raise off the...
  7. My xbox one X power button is not lighting up, but the console works fine. Can i get some...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox one X power button is not lighting up, but the console works fine. Can i get some...: I need help on how to resolve my issue on the front light on my xbox one x not lighting up. cfbbcfc4-8bda-4dcb-adb4-ad5ae6d461e6
  8. Xbox Series X won't turn on, and the light on the xbox button on the console only stays on...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series X won't turn on, and the light on the xbox button on the console only stays on...: When I try to turn my Xbox Series X on by pressing the power button, it plays the "power on" sound and the light goes on for around 1 - 1.5 minutes before turning back off. It was working before,...
  9. My Xbox wouldn’t cut on just a really dimmed light on the console then I unplugged and...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wouldn’t cut on just a really dimmed light on the console then I unplugged and...: My Xbox wouldn’t cut on just a really dimmed light on the console then I unplugged and plugged it back in and it sparked from the inside and it still won’t cut on what do I do?...
  10. Console flashing power light and then games crash to home with no system message of an...

in XboX Insiders
    Console flashing power light and then games crash to home with no system message of an...: A frustrating bug that's been going on lately for several alpha skip insider builds my xbox series x crashes to home with the xbox power button flashing rapidly in several games such as...