Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will...

Discus and support Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will... in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will take 30 days and i can still sign in and use my microsoft... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by steven Donohoe1, Oct 17, 2023.

1. Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will...

Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will take 30 days and i can still sign in and use my microsoft account but i cant log on to xbox account

:)

steven Donohoe1, Oct 17, 2023
  2. Noblemystery Win User

reset and keep my games and apps

Hi there , thanks for reaching out and we certainly understand the frustration with that experience.

If you
    didn't receive a security code
    sent to your Microsoft account email address, please try the steps indicated on that page as you may need to update your account's security information.

Based on what you described, if you accidentally created a new Microsoft/Xbox account, this would be with a different email address as it would not use the same email address as your previous account. Your previous account will not have been lost in this
    case, you'll just need to be able to sign back into it.

Additionally, were you able to open a case with either
    Chat or Phone support
    regarding this account accessibility issue you're experiencing?

For that error message you saw displayed, please check out our
    guide for that error code
    for some steps that may help.
    Hello and thank you kindly for your responce.

I created an email with my telephone number attached for security and used this account to purchase play xb1 games etc... The issue I found is a security glitch within the xb1 reset feature. My email account was not found in the reset setup procedure. I
    tried to use my telephone number to sign in but this caused my telephone number to be removed from my active account and put on a new account through what I can only describe as a security glitch as I had no security alert my number was removed from my account,
    and used to open a new account. I can sign in to my accounts from the xbox home screen but not from the reset procedure. My first account has no memory of a telephone number being linked to the email ever, but I have previous emails from when I update my telephone
    number as security alerts to prove a telephone number was active on the account.

So to make things clear... I can sign in anywhere but not during a xb1 reset. somehow entering my telephone number to sign in during the reset caused a security glitch and security information was removed from my account and used to open a new account. I
    recieved no security alerts. Support says my first account never had a number associated with it but I have emails proving I changed numbers on the account and updated information before this incident which contradicts their records.

The service has a breach of security and unless I recorded what happened and can prove with screenshots (which btw xb1 can only screenshot gameplay and save it to the active account) support will not believe me and says that i never had a telephone number
    associated with my account and please send screenshots to prove it. Otherwise they say when I entered a telephone number thats never been used it created a new account.

Anyway I have an easy fix to my problem which is sell my xb1 and never use any microsoft service again.

I tried to be helpful in the reporting of a glitch and all i get is half wit excuses which I can prove is not the case but I'm not able to send the proof.

This is the last time I will try to communicate my problem and the last time I help microsoft by reporting problems I encounter. I'm truly unhappy with the way a security issue was dealt with and this has made me change my attitude towards the service as
    a bad service not worthy of my input to help improve and keep the platform safe for everyone.

Again thanks for responding but clearly either I cant explain with enough credibility, or microsoft doesn't care.
  3. Daniel Gill_354 Win User

Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will take 30 days and i can still sign in and use my microsoft account but i cant log on to xbox account

Hi Steven D! I hope you are well, delighted to be able to offer you my help!

Removing your old security credentials and replacing them with new security credentials will restrict your Microsoft account for 30 days. During this time, Microsoft will send notifications to phone numbers or email addresses that will be deleted if attackers attempt to delete your information. Microsoft cannot speed up the process.

What you can do while changes are pending

If you made changes to the security information:

*After 30 days, the security information you chose to delete will be deleted.

*During this 30-day period, you will still be able to access most Microsoft services, but you won't be able to do things that require a security code, such as change your password, email addresses, or manage online parental controls.

*You can view, change or add billing information and make purchases.

If you need more information about the 30-day waiting period or would like to cancel changing security information, please see the following link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...nding-or-you-can-t-access-this-site-right-now -microsoft-account-message-cbd0f64f-02d9-45d2-90c3-2375e5a72e52

Best regards,
    Daniel.
  4. XBF Ezra G Win User

cambie de numero[change number]

Hi david,

Thanks for your post. I understand you recently changed your phone number are you are looking to update your Microsoft account with your new number. To do so, check out this page:

Update your Microsoft Account Security Information

I hope this helps.
  5. Roy Holloway Win User

How can I talk to someone from Microsoft customer service?

Good morning Josef, thank you for responding; I have already expressed my problem. I want to delete my old email and old telephone number

so that I can log into my account. I can not find any options to change the email or the phone number which is needed for verification. I have

set up another account with my updated email and new phone number but there are still some accesses that are denied because of inability to

verify my account with the obsolete email and phone number. I would appreciate any assisstance that you might provide with this matter.
  6. NaZoooom Win User

Microsoft account

Hi SeBBe The KEBAB,

I would recommend you edit your post and remove your telephone number as this is a public forum.

As for updating your personal information, check out the You’re asked to update your account when downloading
    your Xbox profile
    which has links

to the security page / account page where you can update your telephone number. You will need to enter your account password to access this information/account.

Hope this helps :)
Thema:

Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will...

1. Hi i recently changed updated my telephone number on my microsoft account it says it will... - Similar Threads - recently changed updated

2. Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Recent Captures Says 4k HDR for Clip, but Captures App Shows 1080 SDR?: I took a brief clip of some gameplay recently, and I noticed that while it says the clip was in 4k HDR viewing it in the "Recent Captures" tab, in the Captures application, it lists the clip at...
  3. Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor: Hi i bought an Xbox séries s recently and i have an 144hz monitor but when i go in my Xbox settings and i aply the 120 refrech rate i have an black screen for second and return to 60refrech rate...
  4. Party chat has been temperamental recently.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Party chat has been temperamental recently.: Sometines when i invite a friend to my party recently, they seem to join like normal on their end, but on my end i am the only one in the party still. This doesnt happen when i join them, i have...
  5. can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin

in XBoX on Windows
    can i bypass the security info change as i recently installed a new cpu and it corrupted my pin: i recently installed a new cpu and had to change my info now i have to wait a month is there a quick fix? 9357e2ba-5488-4496-b3e2-20e2a6446de1
  6. I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t...

in XBoX on Windows
    I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t...: I recently changed the email on our Xbox. My sons birthday was the 16th and they haven’t loaded to his email or mine. This is the second gift card that has vanished into Xbox world. :(...
  7. So recently i have got my Xbox and i hate my username,so i tried to change it.But when i...

in XBoX Accessibility
    So recently i have got my Xbox and i hate my username,so i tried to change it.But when i...: I have image but it wont let me upload it. a3523347-cf4f-45b3-af3b-72689c0e2a07
  8. How lond does it take for a recently changed username on an account to be available?

in XBoX Accessibility
    How lond does it take for a recently changed username on an account to be available?: So I have 2 accounts and Account 1 has the usernae I want Account 2 to have. And I changed Account 1's username to something and when I try to change the username on Account 2 it says is available...
  9. Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Recently changed gamertag to something that was completely unique and paid the $10 fee, yet...: As the title says. Wanted to change my username to "" and i did some looking up and found that it was not taken by another account, after I paid the fee I found that it still added the numbers...
  10. Xbox Home Screen (Recent Changes)

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox Home Screen (Recent Changes): I Guess After the New Update The Home Screen Changed. I Believe I'm in Alpha Ring. My Home screen is not only not editable but has "my games" way up to the top. Switched with the barely used &...