Hi i have just purchased an x box x and a 34inch curved monitor the monitor is 21:9 aspect...

Discus and support Hi i have just purchased an x box x and a 34inch curved monitor the monitor is 21:9 aspect... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi i have just purchased an x box x and a 34inch curved monitor the monitor is 21:9 aspect but the x box is 16:9 can i fill the screen with any... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Robert Croft1, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Hi i have just purchased an x box x and a 34inch curved monitor the monitor is 21:9 aspect...

Hi i have just purchased an x box x and a 34inch curved monitor the monitor is 21:9 aspect but the x box is 16:9 can i fill the screen with any adjustments ??

:)

Robert Croft1, Jan 11, 2024
  2. Obsessive Power Win User

How to enable 1440p on xbox series x

Hi,

It's not possible on that display. The big reason why is that it isn't a 1440P display, at least it isn't a 16:9 aspect 1440P display, it's a 21:9 Ultra-wide monitor. Xbox only supports 1440P 16:9 aspect ratio displays. These monitors have a resolution of 2560 x 1440, yours has a resolution of 3440 x 1440.

The Asus ROG PG348Q is designed more for PC gaming not console gaming. Unless Microsoft provide support for these types of monitors in the future I'm afraid you're stuck with a maximum resolution of 1080P.
  3. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox Series X not displaying 1440p 120hz

Hi,

Xbox Series X/S have issues with 1440P and 120Hz on various monitors due to many monitors using none standard timings. However, you have another issue in that your monitor is
    not 1440P.

Xbox consoles don't support ultra wide monitor resolutions, this monitor is an ultra wide. The 1440P supported on Xbox consoles is in the 16:9 aspect ratio QHD (2560 x 1440), your monitor is a 21:9 aspect WQHD (3440 x 1440).

Therefore, realistically your maximum resolution when connected to an Xbox console could be limited to 1080P. It may be possible to select 2560 x 1440P, but it won't look right and it probably won't run at 120Hz.

Your display is HDR 400 rated, this is entry level HDR and in most cases it's mediocre, yours isn't great. It just can't get bright enough to fully show a true HDR effect. Experiment with it (ideally in dark room), you'll find SDR to be better.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox one X does not support my 1440p monitor

Hi,

I'm sorry to tell you but for the moment at least you won't be able to use your monitor at that resolution. The reason being is that your monitor is not 1440P monitor. A true 1440P display has a 16:9 ratio and supports a resolution of
    2560x1440.

Xbox One X consoles do not currently support 21:9 aspect ratio's, therefore unfortunately, there is no way to display that resolution natively on your Xbox One console.

The monitor you have is more is more for the PC gaming market, which supports Ultra Wide aspect ratio's and resolutions.

I'm really sorry about that.
  5. smalltownusa_2012 Win User

Could We See Ultrawide 21:9 Support for Xbox Series X ?

Not being a programmer I can understand it would take some effort to have support for 21:9. That being said I just wish MS would just come out with a statement that Series X will or will not support 21:9 so people can move on to other monitor(s) purchases.
  6. smalltownusa_2012 Win User

E3: Project Scarlet

Would like a wide screen monitor 21:9. I wonder if Scarlet will support 21:9 aspect ration ????
Thema:

Hi i have just purchased an x box x and a 34inch curved monitor the monitor is 21:9 aspect...

1. Hi i have just purchased an x box x and a 34inch curved monitor the monitor is 21:9 aspect... - Similar Threads - purchased box 34inch

2. Can Microsoft Hold My Digital Purchases Hostage When I am the Purchase and billing address...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can Microsoft Hold My Digital Purchases Hostage When I am the Purchase and billing address...: My question is if I lose access to my account , Am I entitled to my purchases if I can prove I am the person who made the purchase. d5134358-8683-4b6f-8302-cfdebd48820e
  3. Purchased a xbox core controller + usb C combo but never recieved confirmation email

in XBoX on Windows
    Purchased a xbox core controller + usb C combo but never recieved confirmation email: I purchased this controller here under guest using the same email as my account (didn't remember my account info at the time) but never received an email confirmation after purchase....
  4. Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.

in XBoX on Windows
    Have Game Pass Console, but can't play online games I've purchased.: I downgraded from Game Pass Ultimate to Game Pass Console, and now xbox won't let me play games I purchased on- line. Like Call of Duty or Dead by Daylight. It keeps directing me to get GamePass...
  5. Can’t purchase in game currency

in XBoX on Windows
    Can’t purchase in game currency: I want to buy something in a game called Multiversus, it’s in game currency in order for me to get the battle pass I keep trying to buy what’s called a sack of gleamium for $9.99 yet every time I...
  6. I can't recover the code I purchased for Minecraft.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I can't recover the code I purchased for Minecraft.: I haven't played Minecraft in 2 days. f8bce78a-0083-479b-a7a4-0207df41ed20
  7. purchased a new power brick from e bay which was suitable for my x box one . the led light...

in XBoX on Consoles
    purchased a new power brick from e bay which was suitable for my x box one . the led light...: need help with the above question f02c1c57-ebc2-487d-91c4-fbd4ca38a7af
  8. I PURCHASED AN X BOX GIFT CARD, WHEN I TRIED TO REDEEM IT, IT SAYS IT HAS BEEN ALREADY...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I PURCHASED AN X BOX GIFT CARD, WHEN I TRIED TO REDEEM IT, IT SAYS IT HAS BEEN ALREADY...: I PURCHASED AN X BOX GIFT CARD, WHEN I TRIED TO REDEEM IT, IT SAYS IT HAS BEEN ALREADY REDEEMED. WHICH I HAVEN'T PURCHASED ANYTHING WITH IT. I HAVE LOOKED AT MY ACCOUNT FOR PURCHASES AND IT HAS...
  9. X Box fraudulent game purchases

in XBoX on Consoles
    X Box fraudulent game purchases: We sold our Sons X Box which he had not used for a long time and forgot that a credit card was registered to it to pay the monthly subscription fee. The new buyer changed the passwords and then...
  10. Can I still purchase the orange box on xbox 360?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can I still purchase the orange box on xbox 360?: Can I still purchase the orange box on xbox 360 3efeb7bd-fdd3-4864-856e-9bb55029a781