Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code...

Discus and support Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Under 'General TV & display options' - 4K TV details are all ticked green. I have used the original XBox supplied HDMI cable AND and alternate (brand... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by David Hampson2, Mar 30, 2024.

1. Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code...

Under 'General TV & display options' - 4K TV details are all ticked green.

I have used the original XBox supplied HDMI cable AND and alternate (brand new - just for this issue) high speed HDMI cable.

I have tried different HDMI ports on my TV.

Cleared 'Persistent storage' for the Blu-ray setting.

Both checked and unchecked the 'Let my receiver decode audio'.

Had 'Variable refresh rate' on and off.

Nothing seems to work. Please help as my wife is giving me grief about not being able to watch Wonka!

:)

David Hampson2, Mar 30, 2024
  2. beargrizzle25 Win User

Not getting 4k Resolution or HDR

So, update. I reset my Xbox one X and now it recognizes that the TV has 4k UHD but when I try to switch to 4K I get the "That didnt work" error.
  3. cpt sheridan Win User

2001 Space Odyssey 4KUHD 0x91d70001 error 🙄

It seems to be a common problem with certain 4K UHD Blue Ray disks on the Xbox One and Series X.

My Xbox One X refuses to play certain 4K UHD Blue Ray disks as well and I know it's not the disks that's causing the problem as they play on my stand alone 4K Blue Ray player.
  4. Obsessive Power Win User

Series X question

I ended up doing that as I was a bit worried about the optical drive in my Xbox One x when it refused to play certain 4k Blue ray disks.
    My old Xbox One X had issues with some UHD movies, so much so that I too bought a stand alone UHD Blue-ray player. Playback issues were (probably still are) common on the One X. I've never played a single Blu-ray, UHD Blu-ray or DVD in my Series X.

There really isn't any need to test all of the discs. Test a few. If the discs are in good clean order they would have played on another BD player.
  5. CrystalWynn Win User

4K setup for XBOX ONE X w/Sony Bravia X800G

Yes, i verified my ARC port on the tv supports all 4k/UHD functions @60hz. My XBOX recognizes (with the hdmi smart function) the tv as 4k capable @60hz, and allows me to check the “allow 4k” option. But if I try to change the resolution on the xbox from
    1080 to 4k UHD, it’s a blank screen for a moment then states that the setting is not possible. I’ll try to get some screen shots of what I’m getting and what settings im currently on. If my 4k allow button is on, but my redolution is set @ 1080, when i insert
    a 4k disc (movie) will it still play in 4k, just not UHD?
  6. Obsessive Power Win User

Xbox One X should get an "upgrade" to an Ultra HD Blu-ray Player for 4K to be worth it.

Hi,

The One X can already play 4K UHD Blu-Ray movie discs, the same as the One S. There's nothing to upgrade.
Thema:

Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code...

1. Hi, I have an XBox Series X and when I try to play 4K UHD discs, I get the error code... - Similar Threads - Series try play

2. i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...

in XBoX on Consoles
    i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play...: i just bought a series s today, have downloaded one game and now everytime i try and play said game, i get a message saying that my xbox is overheating and it turns off. this is ridiculous...
  3. I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...

in XBoX on Windows
    I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying...: I'm trying to play backwards compatible games on my xbox series S, but it keeps saying theirs either a "sign-in issue" or "Can't connect to internet" it wasn't doing this a few month ago. any...
  4. Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X

in XBoX on Consoles
    Getting Disconnected from Xbox Live when trying to play Dead Space 3 on my Xbox Series X: I’ve been trying to play Dead Space 3 with a buddy or in general on my Xbox Series X. When I do I get disconnected from it frequently and am unable to stay connected for long. How do I fix this...
  5. Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.

in XBoX on Windows
    Im having issues trying to play 360 games on my series x.: it wouldn't let me use cloud saving, so I reset my xbox, now it wont let me download my profile or connect to xbox live , what can I do to fix this? I've powered cycled my console, cleared local...
  6. Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why does my xbox series x shut down everytime I try to play the matrix demo .: Why..... is the question ... what is real how do you define real...(that's where is shuts off haha) Everytime i try to play the matrix demo my console shuts down there's a green screen for a split...
  7. Xbox 360 dashboard errors when trying to play call of duty on Xbox series X/S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 dashboard errors when trying to play call of duty on Xbox series X/S: This is an issue Microsoft needs to fix. Here is a link to a forum that describes the problem in more detail. Very frustrating…...
  8. Why do I get a warning message that I am offline on my Xbox series s when I try to play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why do I get a warning message that I am offline on my Xbox series s when I try to play...: On my Xbox series s, I keep getting a warning message that I am currently offline whenever I try to begin a flight on Microsoft flight simulator. I was able to download the game with gamepass and...
  9. Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.

in XboX Insiders
    Remote play app has black screen with audio when trying to use it with new Xbox Series S 1Tb.: I'm completely at a loss here and unfortunately, I've already tried basically everything that Xbox would tell me to do. I purchased an Xbox Series S directly from Microsoft a few days ago. This...
  10. Whenever I try to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox series X I can’t connect my profile.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Whenever I try to play Xbox 360 games on my Xbox series X I can’t connect my profile.: For over a year now, I haven’t been able to play any Xbox 360 games online. Initially, when the issue started Every time I tried to load an Xbox 360 game I couldn’t sign into my accounts on the...