HGiG vs Dolby Vision

Discus and support HGiG vs Dolby Vision in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; I own an LG C2 and, after much research on the internet, I saw that rare games are native Dolby Vision. Many experts on the subject guided me to... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by BR4DOKYBrazil, Jul 29, 2023.

1. HGiG vs Dolby Vision

:)

BR4DOKYBrazil, Jul 29, 2023
  2. Janet_C Win User

HGiG vs Dolby Vision

Hello!

Hope you are well. I'll be glad to help you, just remember that you're not talking to a Microsoft employee.

Dolby Vision is a newer technology as far as HDR is concerned, that's why very few games and multimedia content in general supports it, for this very reason and being a standard not so widely adopted in the industry, its use can cause compatibility issues like the ones you mentioned.

Using HDR10 or Dolby Vision is really a personal consideration, I would recommend you to visualize the catalog of games compatible with Dolby and evaluate if they are games that you use constantly, you can find the list at this link

https://www.xbox.com/promotions/dolby-vision-en...

Despite having a compatible display at home, I have opted to use HDR10, as it is a better adopted and more stable technology.

Best regards.
  3. StuartATrueRed Win User

Dolby Vision Gaming vs HGiG

I always say this. Try each mode on the TV, and go with the one you prefer. Some prefer HDR10, others prefer Dolby Vision.
  4. BR4DOKYBrazil Win User

I feel that in DV the image gets brighter highlights, however, in games like RE4 Remake, the DV leaves dark scenes of the game very light, even correctly calibrating the TV. So, it was clear that RE4 Remake is not compatible with DV. Searching, I found the information that Halo, Forza Horizon 5, Borderlands and Cyberpunk are the rare games with native DV. The ideal would be for DV to activate only in games made with native DV, the others would run in HDR10 automatically.

So, the best thing to do is to disable DV for gaming?

My TV is LG C2 OLED.
  5. SwordofWhedon Win User

Real Dolby Vision isn't even supported by the vast majority of TVs that allegedly do so for the same reason few games do. Most DV TVs are running essentially HDR10 with additional filters that juice certain visual ranges so people think it's better. DTS pulled the same thing in them by making everything louder and they learned.

It's incredibly processor intensive compared to HDR10. Most TVs don't have that kind of horsepower, and most games aren't willing to sacrifice it.
  6. Marcos Erro Young Win User

I have a problem with the HDR calibrator of my Xbox series x..

Yes my tv has everything for gaming ...game mode , dolby vision, hdr, hgig , allm, etc,etc......the only problem i have is with HDR app in the console, i have it set at 0, 700,700 nits manually pressing 4 shoulder buttons of the controler but i can still see the checker board step 2 a 3 i have to go all the way up too 1250 nits for the checkerboard to dissapear, too much for my tv......and yes, im using the original cable of the console and hgig.....i think the HDR calibrator doesnt work prppelly with the LG NANO90 with hgig and is supossed to be their top LCD 4k tv of 2020, its not cheap tv......allso everything is updated latest firmware, console XSX and TV but i allso read that happened when Dolby Vision was implemented in the Xbox, ive tried disabeled but makes no difference....thank you anyway
Thema:

HGiG vs Dolby Vision

1. HGiG vs Dolby Vision - Similar Threads - HGiG Dolby Vision

2. Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...

in XboX Insiders
    Samsung HW-S60B soundbar connected to earc on Samsung qn90b with xbox series x dolby atmos...: If i just use the tv volume the dolby atmos works perfectly. As soon as i engage qsymphony, the awful audio lag comes back. Even when sound only goes thru soundbar.. same audio LAG is there. I’ve...
  3. Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why Doesn't Dolby Vision Work With The Max App on Xbox Series X?: I have an Xbox Series X, and Dolby Vision is supposedly supported when using the Max app. I have found, though, that movies or TV shows on Max that are supposed to support Dolby Vision simply do...
  4. Why wont my Dolby access update

in XBoX on Windows
    Why wont my Dolby access update: Hello. So whenever I try and update my dolby access app it will install the 2.54 MB but when finished it will say installation stopped and will repeatedly do this I have restarted my Xbox S hard...
  5. I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone...

in XBoX on Windows
    I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone...: I am having a problem updating Dolby Access. It gives me the error 0x87e5002c. Can anyone help me? Thanks. 72ed5c02-8478-488b-b57c-f7648f660063
  6. Dolby Vision Gaming vs HGiG

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Vision Gaming vs HGiG: I recently bought a TV with support for HGiG and Dolby Vision for gaming. After a long search on the internet, I saw that reviewers, YouTubers, users, etc., said that games that have native Dolby...
  7. Hdr calibration tool doesn't work correctly when using hgig

in XBoX on Windows
    Hdr calibration tool doesn't work correctly when using hgig: Everything was working fine on my gaming on the Xbox until today. Now the quality of the graphics are horrible. c635daf9-f0e5-46ad-bb41-ac840d3f29ce
  8. Hdr calibration tool doesn't work correctly when using hgig

in XBoX on Windows
    Hdr calibration tool doesn't work correctly when using hgig: So I have an lg tv UHD 4k running at 60hz. everytime I try to calibrate my tv with the xbox series x tool, I run into problems when I have HGiG on. During the second step for maximum luminance on...
  9. LG CX - I notice that Dolby Vision and HGIG are exactly the same in terms of quality. Am I...

in XboX Insiders
    LG CX - I notice that Dolby Vision and HGIG are exactly the same in terms of quality. Am I...: I'm reading some comments here and in "OLED Gaming" about Dolby Vision being clearly superior. Better colors, better brightness, etc. But isn't this a kind of placebo felling?! I'm almost sure...
  10. Dolby Vision & HGiG stop responding on my TV connected to XBX SX

in XBoX on Consoles
    Dolby Vision & HGiG stop responding on my TV connected to XBX SX: Hello, I have an intermittent problem with my XBX which is really starting to annoy me know and even being an IT Engineer I don’t have any answers to what is happening other than the fact their...