HEY SOMEONE EXPLAIN THE NEW SETTINGS FOR XBOX AUDIO (READ MORE)

Discus and support HEY SOMEONE EXPLAIN THE NEW SETTINGS FOR XBOX AUDIO (READ MORE) in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Alrighty people im going to talk about these new Audio Settings, Options that released in todays XB1 Patch. GO TO SETTING>ALL SETTINGS>DISPLAY AND... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Spliff Second, Mar 29, 2017.

1. HEY SOMEONE EXPLAIN THE NEW SETTINGS FOR XBOX AUDIO (READ MORE)

Alrighty people im going to talk about these new Audio Settings, Options that released in todays XB1 Patch.
    1. GO TO SETTING>ALL SETTINGS>DISPLAY AND SOUND>AUDIO OUTPUT AND THEN WE HAVE 4 DIFFERENT SETTINGS WICH ARE THESE BELOW
    • HDMI AUDIO
      • Stereo Uncompressed
      • 5.1 Uncompressed
      • 7.1 Uncompressed
      • Bitstream out
    • OPTICAL AUDIO
      • Stereo Uncompressed
      • Bitstream Out
    • BITSTREAM FORMAT
      1. You can ONLY select a BITSREAM FORMAT if you have OPTICAL AUDIO SETTING> BITSTREAM OUT
    • DOLBY DIGITAL
    • DTS DIGITAL SURROUND SOUND

And the new option
    • HEADSET AUDIO
      • Stereo Uncompressed
      • Windows sonic for headset option is available. THIS NEEDS EXPLAINING
    IF YOU SELECT (WINDOWS SONIC FOR HEADSET OPTION) YOU GET TWO ADDITIONAL OPTION HERES WHAT THEY ARE
    1. USE VIRTUAL SURROUND SOUND IN APP (beta)
    2. HEADSET IS CONNECTED THROUGH HDMI OR OPTICAL AUDIO

MY CLOSING STATEMENT IS MICROSOFT EXPLAINS ALL THESE FEATURES AND WHAT I MEAN BY EXPLAIN IS: TELL US HOW THEY DIFFERENTIATE FROM EACH OTHER WE NEED TO KNOW HOW MUCH THESE OPTIONS MANIPULATE THE STUDIO DIRECTORS TRUE AUDIO THAT THEY INTENDED FOR US TO HEAR.

:)

Spliff Second, Mar 29, 2017
  2. Daft Badger
    Daft Badger Guest
    Daft Badger, Mar 29, 2017
  3. Mythic xSagex, Mar 29, 2017
  4. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest

Hey there Spliff Second.

I'm afraid we aren't able to break down every audio setting and explain the difference in sound. I recommend researching each format and read user reviews to see what best suits your needs. Thanks for your understanding! If any other Xbox support questions
    pop up, feel free to let us know.

Mister Maka, Mar 30, 2017
  5. Thank you Maka i appreciate the honesy. PS: Windows Sonic for headphones setting is compared to Dolby Atmos.

Spliff Second, Apr 1, 2017
  6. Mister Maka
    Mister Maka Guest
    No problem, Spliff Second HEY SOMEONE EXPLAIN THE NEW SETTINGS FOR XBOX AUDIO (READ MORE) :)

Thanks for the heads up as well. Feel free to make a new post if any other Xbox support questions arise.

Mister Maka, Apr 4, 2017
  7. I'm also messing around with these audio output settings. I want better sound quality. Surround sound ideal... stereo if nothing else (boo). Console... ATOSlink... DAC/amp... headphones. I'm exploring the following devices: Sound BlasterX 5G and (yes, this
    is a real manufacturer) Schiit Audio with their Magni 2 and Modi 2 units. Wish me luck...

Man In Toronto, Apr 20, 2017
  8. HEY SOMEONE EXPLAIN THE NEW SETTINGS FOR XBOX AUDIO (READ MORE)

Mister Maka: this topic would make a fantastic KNOWLEDGE BASE article, white-paper, or wiki. I'm educating myself using the following site:
    Headphone Reviews and Discussion - Head-Fi.org . Possible project for an intern?

Man In Toronto, Apr 20, 2017
  9. Skier7667
    Skier7667 Guest
    I do understand most of these, cause I had to set these up about the time I purchased my Xbox One about 3 years ago. Reason is that I have an Astro A-50 Wireless headset and in order to use it (since it has its own digital Dolby Surround Sound processing,
    you had to select Optical Audio Bitstream Out OR HDMI - Bitstream Out.

Then Bitstream Format - Dolby Digital.

Now you introduce Windows Sonic, so any headset connected to the controller will have surround sound. However, with the Astro's A-50's since they have Dolby Surround Sound, none of this is need and would really be double processing.

However I sure wish there was a little more clarity in the following -
    #2. Headset is connected through HDMI or Optical Audio
    . First of all, I never heard of connecting a headset directly through HDMI. I know that via a DAC you can connect it to Optical and it will convert the sound from optical to analog so that you
    can play music/sound through the headset, but it is not connected to Optical directly. Via HDMI, I have no clue, but if MS lists it, then it must be possible, but I can't imagine the configuration connection.

Something I'm missing in that explanation that needs to be a little clearer OR better user notes from the engineering staff/development staff that wrote the code for this to work. since they wrote the code, they know how it's suppose to work, is how that
    works or what is exactly meant with item #2 with an example.

Headsets do not have HDMI or Optical connectors at their ends. they use a standard plug of mini-plug - hence they do not connect to an HDMI or Optical device directly. They need a converter like a DAC to allow them to work. This is not about the sound setting,
    but more about the connectivity and how it impacts ultimately how the headset is connected and should these be turned on or off.

For example, my Astro-wired A-40 (not the wireless A-50's which I also have) get their audio via an optical connection from the Xbox One, then goes to their DAC which also does Dolby processing, to allow the sound to go through the wired head A-40 headset.

So is this considered Headset connected through Optical Audio?

See what I mean? What occurs when this is selected? That would help in better understanding. The average user has no clue what all this is and they likely will select the wrong setting, then begin to call in for support cause their sound is not correct.

It is far less expensive to curtail future support calls from millions of users when they begin to click these and not experience what they should than provide a more detailed explanation.

Trust me - I work for a software developer - so I know ha! ha!

IF YOU SELECT (WINDOWS SONIC FOR HEADSET OPTION) YOU GET TWO ADDITIONAL OPTION HERES WHAT THEY ARE

Skier7667, Oct 31, 2018
  10. Skier7667 Win User

I do understand most of these, cause I had to set these up about the time I purchased my Xbox One about 3 years ago. Reason is that I have an Astro A-50 Wireless headset and in order to use it (since it has its own digital Dolby Surround Sound processing,
    you had to select Optical Audio Bitstream Out OR HDMI - Bitstream Out.

Then Bitstream Format - Dolby Digital.

Now you introduce Windows Sonic, so any headset connected to the controller will have surround sound. However, with the Astro's A-50's since they have Dolby Surround Sound, none of this is need and would really be double processing.

However I sure wish there was a little more clarity in the following -
    #2. Headset is connected through HDMI or Optical Audio
    . First of all, I never heard of connecting a headset directly through HDMI. I know that via a DAC you can connect it to Optical and it will convert the sound from optical to analog so that you
    can play music/sound through the headset, but it is not connected to Optical directly. Via HDMI, I have no clue, but if MS lists it, then it must be possible, but I can't imagine the configuration connection.

Something I'm missing in that explanation that needs to be a little clearer OR better user notes from the engineering staff/development staff that wrote the code for this to work. since they wrote the code, they know how it's suppose to work, is how that
    works or what is exactly meant with item #2 with an example.

Headsets do not have HDMI or Optical connectors at their ends. they use a standard plug of mini-plug - hence they do not connect to an HDMI or Optical device directly. They need a converter like a DAC to allow them to work. This is not about the sound setting,
    but more about the connectivity and how it impacts ultimately how the headset is connected and should these be turned on or off.

For example, my Astro-wired A-40 (not the wireless A-50's which I also have) get their audio via an optical connection from the Xbox One, then goes to their DAC which also does Dolby processing, to allow the sound to go through the wired head A-40 headset.

So is this considered Headset connected through Optical Audio?

See what I mean? What occurs when this is selected? That would help in better understanding. The average user has no clue what all this is and they likely will select the wrong setting, then begin to call in for support cause their sound is not correct.

It is far less expensive to curtail future support calls from millions of users when they begin to click these and not experience what they should than provide a more detailed explanation.

Trust me - I work for a software developer - so I know ha! ha!

11. Man In Toronto Win User

Hey there Spliff Second.

I'm afraid we aren't able to break down every audio setting and explain the difference in sound. I recommend researching each format and read user reviews to see what best suits your needs. Thanks for your understanding! If any other Xbox support questions
    Mister Maka: this topic would make a fantastic KNOWLEDGE BASE article, white-paper, or wiki. I'm educating myself using the following site:
    http://head-fi.org . Possible project for an intern?
  12. Spliff Second Win User

Thank you Maka i appreciate the honesy. PS: Windows Sonic for headphones setting is compared to Dolby Atmos.
  13. Mister Maka Win User

Hey there Spliff Second.

14. Man In Toronto Win User

I'm also messing around with these audio output settings. I want better sound quality. Surround sound ideal... stereo if nothing else (boo). Console... ATOSlink... DAC/amp... headphones. I'm exploring the following devices: Sound BlasterX 5G and (yes, this
    is a real manufacturer) Schiit Audio with their Magni 2 and Modi 2 units. Wish me luck...
Thema:

1. HEY SOMEONE EXPLAIN THE NEW SETTINGS FOR XBOX AUDIO (READ MORE) - Similar Threads - HEY SOMEONE EXPLAIN

2. Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey i accidentally turned off my xbox 1s from 2016 while it was getting its updated and...: Help, my xbox 1s from 2016 was updating but I turned it off and the screen isn't projecting anything the consoles sould be giving. 82a5784e-5d95-40ac-8166-c158cfe6dd2b
  3. Hey Xbox cloud gaming, I just logged on and went to the free microphone and saw it was gone...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey Xbox cloud gaming, I just logged on and went to the free microphone and saw it was gone...: Can u pls bring back the free mic button it was so useful Pls and I’m on mobile remove the Xbox logo button it’s useless a27978b3-9bd0-48ff-945c-333722df90ca
  4. Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so I'm trying to play online/cross-platform multiplayer on my Minecraft account but...: Everytime i go to multiplayer help and nothing there really helps. Please reach out to me about how to fix this I have been trying for so long. 38b8a54e-8bd6-49e0-96bd-304fc186760b
  5. Hey Microsoft and Activision

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey Microsoft and Activision: I know its a no but I was wondering if I could use the bo6 trailer for a bo6 movie that I'll make when it comes out or after It Will be on YouTube So yeah can yo get back to me please and thank...
  6. Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...: Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console and a minute before that it let me synk my other controller f32a4156-18fe-44c4-8f69-1ca1f5d06696
  7. hey guys I need help

in XBoX on Consoles
    hey guys I need help: my xbox one controller joystick is very stiff and the d-pad in games clicks like crazy for no reason someone PLEASE help me out here Thanks if you can hlp 3d65159c-482c-4985-81d6-47793aca2ea6
  8. Hey so im just asking is the xbox one region free in 2024 ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so im just asking is the xbox one region free in 2024 ?: So im also asking if every physical game discs is region free for example f1 2018 or something and if im trying to change my xbox one language and region and my country ia not there then what...
  9. Hey, I'm getting a new laptop, can someone recommend me a lightweight, powerful and budget...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey, I'm getting a new laptop, can someone recommend me a lightweight, powerful and budget...: I checked out the Cyborg 15 A12V – Cyber Up! (msi.com) and I'm not sure if It will run MSFS2020. 91930924-e97c-4604-a9d5-b0a7c8fecc5d
  10. Hey I'm seeing if I can contact someone about my Xbox account to see if I can get it back I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey I'm seeing if I can contact someone about my Xbox account to see if I can get it back I...: Hi I was wondering if anyone can help me get my Xbox account back I got banned and I was seeing if anyone can help me or something I need it back please and thank you....