hey! can i use my 120gb hdd xbox 360 harddrive as xtra data.what do i need to buy and where ...

Discus and support hey! can i use my 120gb hdd xbox 360 harddrive as xtra data.what do i need to buy and where ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hey! can i use my 120gb hdd xbox 360 harddrive as xtra data.what do i need to buy and where would i get it from as you have realised by now ive got... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by StUn x mayhem, Jun 28, 2015.

1. hey! can i use my 120gb hdd xbox 360 harddrive as xtra data.what do i need to buy and where ...

hey! can i use my 120gb hdd xbox 360 harddrive as xtra data.what do i need to buy and where would i get it from as you have realised by now ive got about 4 gb left on my xbox one

:)

StUn x mayhem, Jun 28, 2015
  2. ShaunPerry
    ShaunPerry Guest
    How many times have you upgraded to a new 360 because you wanted to?

[quote user="Maccadooooooooo"]

I have just upgraded from an really old xbox to a new 250gb slim due to the winking red lights lol. I had to upgrade my harddrive to a 120gb from a 20 gb(i think) due to running out of space on my old xbox. If it wasn't for the Ring of death I don't think
    I would have moved on..........................The only thing which i have a gripe about is that when i go home on leave i use to take my hard drive with me as my kids have an old xbox. But now with having a new xbox/harddrive its not going to fit. And I dont
    intend to buy another new one for my home......................

[/quote]

And how much did the 120gb HD cost you bro? lol.

Still got my original launch xbox 360. Still works fine. Although it sounds like a jet taking off!!!!

My bro has got that one as a spare. I've got 2 slims. One 250gb and a 4gb. Been tempted by all these special edition models but theres no point really!

ShaunPerry, Jun 28, 2015
  3. HDD Error

Okay ive been searching the web for long enough to get frustrated about it.

My HDD Will not be read in my xbox? i can only use it through the transfer lead..

I have a XBOX 360 Premium.

Ive just bought a 120gb and now it wont work Just because the xbox cant read it.

What do i have to do to make it readable?

Thanks.

F3aRFuL NiNJa, Jun 28, 2015
  4. medium bloke
    medium bloke Guest

hey! can i use my 120gb hdd xbox 360 harddrive as xtra data.what do i need to buy and where ...

Helloooo!

Unfortunately I don't think you can use a 360 HDD.

You will need a drive which is at least 256GB, and is USB 3.0. Since the 360 HDD is neither of these, it will not be possible.

medium bloke, Jun 28, 2015
  5. IAmProjectAlice Win User

old xbox games update

@ Dead1yDipStick I am sorry but there is no 120gb harddrive for the 4gb xbox 360 slim, I have the console and the only harddrives you can use in them is the 250gb or 320gb harddrives that are made for the xbox 360 slim console. I have also been on that site
    and the harddrives on there are not official ones as microsoft never made a 60gb or 120gb harddrive for the xbox 360 slim.
  6. medium bloke Win User

hey! can i use my 120gb hdd xbox 360 harddrive as xtra data.what do i need to buy and where would i get it from as you have realised by now ive got about 4 gb left on my xbox one

Helloooo!

Unfortunately I don't think you can use a 360 HDD.

You will need a drive which is at least 256GB, and is USB 3.0. Since the 360 HDD is neither of these, it will not be possible.
  7. ChristianHenriksen1 Win User

xbox 360 with detachable hdd on the side

i have a 360 arcade.. where the extra hdd, doesn't work more... but the firmware is gone too... and if I try update the xbox, without the xtra hdd, it says the is not enough place
  8. MASTER JN Win User

SOMETHING REALLY STRANGE IS HAPPENING!

I've just figured out that it's definitely the HDD. I recovered my Profile on my Bro's system... fine. I tried using another HDD on my system... fine. Everything else works. It's only when I use my 120GB HDD. I recently did a Data Transfer of all the stuff
    from my old 20GB HDD to the new 120GB HDD. This leaves me with some questions:

1. Are all HDDs for Xbox 360 the same; in other words does it matter where I got it from?

2. I got my 120GB HDD from Amazon... now I know you're probably thinking it's a fake, but it came in official Xbox 360 packaging. Anyway, on the back of the actual HDD it says made in Thailand... is that alright?

3. I did the Transfer without using the Transfer Disc (the disc was unreadable, or something), so I don't know; is that a problem?

4. I didn't Format the HDD before I did the Transfer... is that an issue?

5. If there's no other way around this would it be alright to Transfer all the stuff from this HDD to another 120GB HDD or a 250GB HDD (it's already been done from a 20BG to a 120GB)?

6. Would Microsoft be able to assist me in any way?
  9. HalfChaosnova Win User

External Hard drive question for my setup

I think that the max amount of storage from USB is 16GB and you cannot set it up any other way. You will need to use the official Harddrives. If you have an xbox 360 slim, you can grab a 320GB of amazon for £60. If you have the original xbox 360 you could
    buy a 120GB from amazon for £30 (used) and perhaps pick up another if you need storage. Thats the only way I can think of, sorry.
Thema:

1. hey! can i use my 120gb hdd xbox 360 harddrive as xtra data.what do i need to buy and where ... - Similar Threads - hey 120gb hdd

2. Hey when I went to the new rewards quest page on xbox it says' "try again later we can't...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey when I went to the new rewards quest page on xbox it says' "try again later we can't...: My brother is able to use this app on his xbox but for me it is not working. Could someone help me? 8f44dc0b-c55b-40a6-a414-8a240d2a259e
  3. Hey so im just asking is the xbox one region free in 2024 ?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so im just asking is the xbox one region free in 2024 ?: So im also asking if every physical game discs is region free for example f1 2018 or something and if im trying to change my xbox one language and region and my country ia not there then what...
  4. Hey I need some help,

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I need some help,: I recently got my dad a turtle beach stealth 600 gen2 usb, it worked for his Xbox one first gen but it won’t work for my Xbox series X/diablo edition, the headset itself turns on but the usb stick...
  5. Hey can you remove my suspension please .

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey can you remove my suspension please .: Hey I got a suspension yesterday because of making a groupost. It said (Ranked copper-silver) ( Boosting) . Can you please remove my suspension earlier because I think it was kinda unnecessary. I...
  6. Hey Microsoft, when are you guys bringing cloud gaming to Hargeisa,Somalia alot of us here...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hey Microsoft, when are you guys bringing cloud gaming to Hargeisa,Somalia alot of us here...: Please bring cloud gaming to Hargeisa, Somalia ff87d539-ed97-4ad7-be6d-273e35939cb2
  7. hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...

in XBoX on Windows
    hey i have a question what does it mean when it says "one or two more accounts cannot play...: i used xbox360 minecraft to play PvP and the popup appers:"one or two more accounts cannot play multiplayer games." i really want to try online pvp PLZ HELP!!!11 3a93bd93-ff87-4354-b8c9-e68abc026d0a
  8. Hey so how do i play minecraft multiplayer

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hey so how do i play minecraft multiplayer: So im trying to join my moms family so i can play minecraft multi player but it wont let me leave my family because it said im one of the family members but it says im also the family owner how do...
  9. Hey im new to the strike system and need help understanding it.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey im new to the strike system and need help understanding it.: I originally played xbox in 2022 but my xbox broke and recently got a new one, I already got 6 strikes and dont know what they mean, I originally had a history of snatching peoples internet...
  10. Hey, my question is that how can i play cross platfom with my friend who has the game...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hey, my question is that how can i play cross platfom with my friend who has the game...: Hey, I have a problem with my friend who has purchased the game on steam, i have it on my xbox and my question is that how can i and my friend get in the same game that one of us hosted?...