Help!!! Xbox one turning on by itself!!

Discus and support Help!!! Xbox one turning on by itself!! in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, over the last two days my xbox one has been turning itself on, and i was wondering if anybody had a fix. Thanks 218a5426-d1b2-42be-b0a6-139b51df2bc5 Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by lm Panax, Jun 8, 2015.

1. lm Panax
    lm Panax Guest

Hi, over the last two days my xbox one has been turning itself on, and i was wondering if anybody had a fix. Thanks

:)

lm Panax, Jun 8, 2015
  2. Turns on by its self

my Xbox one keeps turning on by itself. Why? Help

Bobmuspinkleton, Jun 8, 2015
  3. XBOX ONE turning on by itself

Firstly, how is the Xbox connected to power? Is it plugged directly to the wall outlet, or behind a power strip/surge protector? The latter can cause electrical "hiccups" with the system, as the Xbox One's power supply already has built-in surge protection.

Internet Expert, Jun 8, 2015
  4. Hordie
    Hordie Guest

HI lm Panax,

Sorry you're having problems with your console turning on by itself. Can you please let us know if you're plugged directly into a wall or a power strip? If it's a power strip please bypass this, plug in the Xbox, and see if the problem persists. Looking
    around that seems to be the most common solution for this issue. Do you have any electronic devices surrounding your console that could be running interference? This includes but is not limited to wireless phones, microwaves, etc. If you do, try moving
    those to see if the console still powers on randomly. is could also be due to dust or oils accumulating on the power button, try wiping off the power and eject buttons with a dry microfiber cloth to remove any oils or dirt.

If the answer is done that to all of the above try turning off instant-on mode, and switching to energy save. See the link below.

Switch Power Modes

Hordie, Jun 8, 2015
  5. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    That is definitely odd behaviour. Can you give the console a bit of a wipe down with a dry cloth? Perhaps there is dust on the power button. Alternately, if you have the console set to instant on then perhaps it is recognizing something your saying as
    Xbox On.

onyxishere, Oct 31, 2018
  6. onyxishere Win User

That is definitely odd behaviour. Can you give the console a bit of a wipe down with a dry cloth? Perhaps there is dust on the power button. Alternately, if you have the console set to instant on then perhaps it is recognizing something your saying as
    Xbox On.
  7. Hordie Win User

HI lm Panax,

Sorry you're having problems with your console turning on by itself. Can you please let us know if you're plugged directly into a wall or a power strip? If it's a power strip please bypass this, plug in the Xbox, and see if the problem persists. Looking
    around that seems to be the most common solution for this issue. Do you have any electronic devices surrounding your console that could be running interference? This includes but is not limited to wireless phones, microwaves, etc. If you do, try moving
    those to see if the console still powers on randomly. is could also be due to dust or oils accumulating on the power button, try wiping off the power and eject buttons with a dry microfiber cloth to remove any oils or dirt.

If the answer is done that to all of the above try turning off instant-on mode, and switching to energy save. See the link below.

Switch Power Modes
  8. REK 1 Win User

Xbox One turns on by itself

try to clean the front panel - power and eject areas with damp soft tissue, also make sure it is not close to things that can cause interference, like if console is next cell phone , house phone, audio receiver, etc, make sure it has some distance between
    console and other electronics. Also maybe move console and see if the same thing happens. ,
  9. Mister Cizl Win User

Xbox one turns on by itself

Hey ImWatchinYou69! Is the console plugged directly in to a wall outlet? Are you using Energy-Saver mode or Instant-On? When the console turns on, do you hear the chime from the console as well? Post back and let us know!

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox
    Insider Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting. Achievement issues? Check our sticky

HERE
    for the best info.
  10. Mister Mascot Win User

XBox one turns on by itself

Hey there leogaboardi,

That's an interesting problem for sure. Is your console in Instant On mode or Energy Saving mode? It's possible the console is downloading updates so it appears to be on. Is this an Xbox One S console or an original Xbox One console?
Thema:

1. Help!!! Xbox one turning on by itself!! - Similar Threads - Help turning itself

2. Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a...: Need help with the console I have just bought w/c is pre owned. I turned it on , shows me a controller highlighting to press Xbox logo, and it won't stop flashing can someone help me with that and...
  3. Monitor turning on but screen is black. Any Help?

in XBoX on Windows
    Monitor turning on but screen is black. Any Help?: So i have a KOORUI 24 inch 165 hz monitor I had just recently bought and everything has been perfect, it was great up until now. I have both and xbox and a pc and the monitor does not work on...
  4. Please help.. I'd turned cross play option off on my xbox I've tried to turn them back on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help.. I'd turned cross play option off on my xbox I've tried to turn them back on...: Hi all hopefully someone can help I'd turned cross play option off in my xbox settings so I'd only play with xbox users but now when I try to turn it back on again its saying it on I.e I can play...
  5. My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is...

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox keeps turning off only while in a game plays movies on disk fine any help is...: My Xbox continuesly shuts off while playing any game but when I put a movie in it’s fine and plays it checked the power and it’s fine and fan works properly any help is appreciated thanks I’m...
  6. I need help my Xbox One S has been weird I turn it on the it turns it self off can someone help

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help my Xbox One S has been weird I turn it on the it turns it self off can someone help: And when I would try a different outlet, it will do the same thing in the when I will try different power cord, it would do the same thing, and I don't really know what to do. I'm kind of scared...
  7. My pc keep restarting after I turned it on can you please help me

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My pc keep restarting after I turned it on can you please help me: My pc keep restarting after I turned it on can you please help me 134abc9f-19e8-4d0e-8938-e1d5b1a7c9fe
  8. Xbox X Turns on But no Picture to Screen (HELP)

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox X Turns on But no Picture to Screen (HELP): it has been opened. Had a diagnostic check done and the technician said the motherboard or hard drive needed to be fixed/replaced but didn't have the parts to repair I’m asking if anyone else has...
  9. Can you help me with getting child mode turned off my minecraft account because it's been...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can you help me with getting child mode turned off my minecraft account because it's been...: My old microsoft account was "*** Die E-Mail-Adresse wurde aus Datenschutzgründen entfernt. ***" but after it was changed I was unable to log back in. Since my minecraft account was connected to...
  10. Can you help me fix my Xbox one x from going black screen offer I turn it on

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can you help me fix my Xbox one x from going black screen offer I turn it on: I turn on my Xbox one x and I get the green Xbox animation but after that the screen goes black. e3fdd936-8226-4d8b-bfae-48ffde4747e7