Help, xbox game bar not showing up in settings

Discus and support Help, xbox game bar not showing up in settings in XboX Insiders to solve the problem; i was trying to fix my party chat because it wasnt letting me talk even though it showed it was picking it up, so after going to tons of trouble... Discussion in 'XboX Insiders' started by /u/Clean_Astronomer_152, Jan 26, 2024.

1. Help, xbox game bar not showing up in settings

i was trying to fix my party chat because it wasnt letting me talk even though it showed it was picking it up, so after going to tons of trouble shooting i went and did the simple thing, delete the app and reinstall it. It still shows up in the store as installed but its not showing up in the settings under apps

submitted by /u/Clean_Astronomer_152
    [link] [comments]

/u/Clean_Astronomer_152, Jan 26, 2024
  2. donythea Win User

Xbox game bar does not show up in settings

Hello LackingAunt,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. You can try the
    troubleshoot Game bar on windows 10.
    Also if that doesn't work you can try to uninstall and reinstall the Xbox app.

Uninstalling and Reinstalling a default application on windows 10:

1. Press Windows key + X.
    2. Then click Command Prompt(Admin)
    3. Now type the following command and hit enter:
    4. Get-AppxPackage *windowsstore* | Remove-AppxPackage
    5. Get-AppxPackage *xboxapp* | Remove-AppxPackage
    6. Restart your computer
    7. Repeat steps 1-2 when the computer has booted up.
    8. Instead of entering the command in step 3, enter the command in step 9
    9. Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  3. donythea Win User

Hello LackingAunt,

6. Restart your computer
    9. Get-AppxPackage -AllUsers| Foreach {Add-AppxPackage -DisableDevelopmentMode -Register “$($_.InstallLocation)\AppXManifest.xml”}
    Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Hello LackingAunt,

6. Restart your computer
    Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. TomPritchard2 Win User

microphone not working for game bar or Xbox app Windows 11

I have adjusted the both settings ("set time zone automatically" was not originally on),hit the sync button and then restarted,

however I still can not talk in party.

If this helps, In the audio tab on the Xbox game bar, the bar under "windows default input" it is showing that it is picking sound up through my microphone.
  6. Kevin_3000 Win User

Look everywhere but no solutions! Network/internet is very good but 1 red bar in game! Fully detailed situation

I GIVE UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE! Nothing helps! And no, it's impossible for me wire my xbox.

I had to keep the wireless setting at mixed, with auto channel bandwidth, with auto channels. This is the only setting that will work fine. I also disabled upnp and put my xbox on DMZ. I alternated between the MTU value 1364 and 1365. Nothing works!

I get 4 bar connection and in game, I get 4 bars but it keeps changing from 1 bar to 4 bar but mostly stayed in the one bar and the connection interrupted shows up. Please help me with a different solution.

I am getting sick and tired of this! I should just go back to PC gaming.
Thema:

Help, xbox game bar not showing up in settings

1. Help, xbox game bar not showing up in settings - Similar Threads - Help game bar

2. Can anyone help with a Roblox launching issue we are having on xbox game bar on our PC

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can anyone help with a Roblox launching issue we are having on xbox game bar on our PC: All other games in Xbox Game bar are launching without issue. However whenever we try to launch Roblox it keeps coming up with an error code which I can't seem to find any information out about....
  3. Need help to get my Xbox game bar to work properly.

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help to get my Xbox game bar to work properly.: I uninstalled the Xbox Game Bar file in the file location of Microsoft.XboxGameOverlay (you can see the file location for yourself when you open Task Manager and click on the file location of the...
  4. Game bar party chat on PC not working help

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Game bar party chat on PC not working help: When in a party my mic will not be picked up as if I am muted if I click through and off the game bar only when the party is pinned onto my screen does it work, and I'd rather not have a box...
  5. Need help connecting to a friends game through the xbox game bar.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Need help connecting to a friends game through the xbox game bar.: Im on windows 11, i have sea of thieves on steam, im trying to join a friends game using the xbox game bar, but it keeps asking me to select an app from the windows store to launch, which i can't...
  6. I cant join an Xbox Game Bar party. Please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    I cant join an Xbox Game Bar party. Please help: I cant seem to join an Xbox Game Bar party. I have tried different things including repairing and resetting the app and even setting the "Set time automatically" and the "Set time zone...
  7. help to uninstall Xbox game bar. tried every suggestion nothing works

in XBoX on Consoles
    help to uninstall Xbox game bar. tried every suggestion nothing works: help to uninstall Xbox gams bar nothing that s been suggested works. 1ce8972f-6e2e-45c3-9f91-7e1c8029c7d9
  8. Requesting Help With Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Requesting Help With Xbox Game Bar on Windows 11: Hello, I recently played a game called Perfect Dark off an Xbox One. I have deleted my information on the Xbox One, but my Xbox game bar on Windows 11 still states that I am playing Xbox 360...
  9. LFG will not work in Xbox Game Bar, any help please?

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    LFG will not work in Xbox Game Bar, any help please?: Xbox Game Bar LFG will not work, any help? Here is a screenshot: [img] There are a lot of players who use Xbox LFG, and I know for a fact that I am not the first, and can not post anything. I...
  10. my xbox game bar system audio is not recording when i clip, but my mic does. help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    my xbox game bar system audio is not recording when i clip, but my mic does. help?: Hi there, I've done so much research on how to fix this problem, and I've done everything I could to fix why my system audio isn't working when I clip. I have absolutely EVERY audio setting...