Help with Xbox live party’s, connecting only issue

Discus and support Help with Xbox live party’s, connecting only issue in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding a perplexing issue that has recently arisen with my Xbox Series X/S.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by rye smith, Feb 22, 2024.

1. rye smith
    rye smith Guest

hope this message finds you well. I am writing to seek urgent assistance regarding a perplexing issue that has recently arisen with my Xbox Series X/S. In the past two weeks, I've encountered a problem where I can only communicate through online multiplayer games, and I am unable to connect, speak, or hear others in Xbox Live parties.

To provide more details, my NAT type fluctuates between Open and Moderate in the network settings, consistently changing throughout the week. Underneath the NAT type, there is a persistent message stating "UPNP unsuccessful." The only temporary solution I've found is to perform a hard reset on my Xbox every time I turn it on to open the NAT type.

I've exhaustively attempted various troubleshooting steps, including:

Hard restarting both modem and Xbox.

Ensuring all content restrictions are open.

Unplugging the modem for 10 minutes and then reconnecting.

Testing both wireless and wired connections.

Clearing an alternate MAC address.

Changing power modes.

Adjusting times to automatic/manual.

Opening specific ports on router gateways.

Disabling/enabling UPNP.

Replacing the ISP router with a new one.

Creating a manual connection with the MAC wired address and IP address on the router gateway.

Trying manual port selection in Xbox settings.

Complete reset of Wi-Fi connections.

Changing Ethernet cables.

Changing the area placement of the router.

Disabling the firewall.

Updating both Xbox software and router software.

Despite these efforts, the issue persists, and I am reaching out to the community for any additional insights or solutions. If anyone has experienced a similar problem or has recommendations for resolving this connectivity issue, I would greatly appreciate your assistance.

Thank you in advance for your time and support.

:)

rye smith, Feb 22, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi Rye, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

You can use your device IP on the DMZ of your Router.

Have you tried that?

There are great guides online*:

https://www.windowscentral.com/xbox-one-dmz-guide

https://www.ubisoft.com/help/connec...article/setting-up-dmz-for-xbox-one/000061024

There is also this complete guide about NAT errors and configuration on the Xbox website, I recommend it:

https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/connect-network/xbox-one-nat-error

----------------------------------------
    Setting the DMZ

A) On your Router
    1. Make sure to use the ethernet cable connection, it is more reliable than the Wi-Fi one. (If possible)

2. You then, have to assign a static (fixed) IP for your Xbox console on your router, which will enable you to do the next steps

3. Turn on DMZ under the IP you selected for your Xbox Console.

4. Turn on UPnP on your router

By doing that, you'll pretty much have an open and direct connection to the game servers.

B) On the Xbox Console

Configure the network settings accordingly.

Enter the Settings menu.

Under the General tab, select Network Settings then Advanced Settings.

Take note of the information displayed

Select IP Settings > Manual.

Enter the same IP you configured on your router DMZ.

*Note: This is a non-Microsoft website.

The page appears to be providing accurate, safe information.

Watch out for ads on the site that may advertise products frequently classified as a PUP (Potentially Unwanted Products).

Thoroughly research any product advertised on the site before you decide to download and install it.
  3. Mister Parks Win User

black ops getting kicked

Hello ArmyDragoon,

Are you in a party when you are being kicked, or are you playing on your own? A party is only as strong as it's weakest member's connection, and the more members of the party can increase latency.

That being said, have a look at our link with steps for
    Issues with connection speed or disconnects
    . Let us know if those steps help.

Thanks!
  4. XBF Brad A Win User

Connectivity Problems

Hello Stitch,

Sorry for the issue with connection to friend. The only issue is the one game correct. When you are all playing the game, all of you check the NAT type. If it is anything but open it will cause connection issues. Also are you able to join him in an Xbox
    live party outside of the game? Any additional information will help.

Thanks,

Brad
  5. iNb4 Ownage Win User

Private Chat/Party Question

6. EliteSquirrel25 Win User

Xbox Live Party and Game Connection Issues

There isn't a problem with my Xbox Live connection and my Xbox doesn't warn me about any NAT issues. I don't know why my connection is like this, but when I play I usually have 3-4 connection bars and can play usually without lag. When trying to join my
    friend's Xbox Live Party, I get the message popup in the top right "Can't connect to Party" and if I hit the center Xbox button on the controller, the party tab says "Cannot connect to Xbox Live Party. There may be connection issues." I can however, connect
    to Xbox Live and play online.
Thema:

1. Help with Xbox live party’s, connecting only issue - Similar Threads - Help live party’s

2. I need help connecting to xbox live on my Xbox 360

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help connecting to xbox live on my Xbox 360: I have an xbox 360 and I've been trying to bring up the ol thing back up but every time I try to let it connect to xbox live or sign in to any of my accounts it says can't sign in or to restart my...
  3. I just got an second hand xbox 360 but the internet and xbox live dont work please help i...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I just got an second hand xbox 360 but the internet and xbox live dont work please help i...: Please help [img] e26eafb7-5c77-4439-82c7-628498dfa87d
  4. UPS didn't deliver my Xbox and I can't get reach a live support person for help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    UPS didn't deliver my Xbox and I can't get reach a live support person for help?: HI I ordered an xbox in January then UPS wouldn't deliver my xbox to me. I tried calling Customer Support got thru and they said they would escalate and I would I get an email in 2 days its been...
  5. Is there any Moderators or Xbox live Ambassadors on this forums can help me?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is there any Moderators or Xbox live Ambassadors on this forums can help me?: IS there any Xbox live Ambassadors or Moderators on this Forums page can help me? Regarding the xbox support or a way to contact the Customer services by phone etc, sunce I've trying to contact...
  6. Xbox live device id help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Xbox live device id help: I don't have my same xbox I used to have and I'm locked out of my microsoft account how do I get my live device id I have all of my other info to get my account unlocked which I also don't even...
  7. Xbox live I remote play as well it's kinda frustrating but I hope you can help. thank you.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox live I remote play as well it's kinda frustrating but I hope you can help. thank you.: can't no connect cause I'm also trying to do remote play and planning to purchase GPU to cloud gaming as well but currently I'm having issue to connect. I hope you can help me thank you....
  8. Our Xbox Live account has been hacked; help/hope?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Our Xbox Live account has been hacked; help/hope?: Through our Microsoft account the hacker: changed gaming user name changed the email associated with the account (which we were able to copy down) changed recovery account info. made...
  9. My account was hacked and then deleted by the hackers PLEASE READ I NEED LIVE HELP IMMEDIATELY

in XBoX Accessibility
    My account was hacked and then deleted by the hackers PLEASE READ I NEED LIVE HELP IMMEDIATELY: I am using my son's account. My account was hacked and then deleted by the hackers and your support is completely useless as it constantly requires me to sign back in to get assistance and yet I...
  10. My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, I need help please.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox 360 can't connect to xbox live, I need help please.: Hello Everyone, I just got a xbox 360 two weeks ago and it had no problem connecting to xbox live. Yesterday it disconnected me so I tried to test the connection and now it couldn't connect to the...