Help with Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. Can't Stop Screenshotting

Discus and support Help with Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. Can't Stop Screenshotting in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I just connected my new controller to my laptop and once I started playing I discovered that the A button defaults to opening the xbox thing and the B... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Edoxninja, Jul 31, 2023.

1. Edoxninja
    Edoxninja Guest

I just connected my new controller to my laptop and once I started playing I discovered that the A button defaults to opening the xbox thing and the B button automatically screen shots. WHOS BRIGHT IDEA WAS IT TO DO THIS ****!!!! How do I fix this?

:)

Edoxninja, Jul 31, 2023
  2. Ronnieee Win User

Hi there! This is Ronnie, an independent advisor.

Nice to meet you and I hope you are having a great day!

I understand you need help with your controller issue.

The controller should not act like this since those buttons are not short cuts for those functions.

Have you already tried updating the controller using the Xbox accessories app?

Please also check the buttons on that app if they are properly aligned. This could possibly a firmware problem as well but please try to update it first or check for updates. Make sure your windows OS is also up to date.

Update guide:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Controller issues guide:

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...
  3. AmberC0215 Win User

Xbox Elite controller 1 back grips (not side grip)

I had purchased the Xbox Elite Series 2 Controller, sorry I can't be of more help.
  4. Niko1664 Win User

Xbox elite series 2 with design flaw?

Had an Xbox Elite 1 for many years (but dead now...), don't own an Series 2 but never really see what reals benefits i have personnaly to find with the Series 2. Only things i want was "screenshot" dedicated button (on main Series X controller) or "Rapid
    Fire" button (not on Elite series)... so .
  5. XBF Ezra G Win User

Xbox one elite 2 controller

Hello Kingmemphis637,

Thank you for your post. You can find the Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 from available retailers on the following page:

Xbox Elite Controller - Retailers

I hope this helps.
  6. mehly Win User

Elite Series 2 Controller has unresponsive face buttons (ABXY)

I have exactly the same issue with the new Series 2 controllers. I ordered the Electronic Volt version, but had to refund it because of the mentioned problem. Then I ordered the Xbox Elite Series 2 controller, thinking a 150€ controller sure can't have these problems, but I was wrong.

So here I am, stuck my old Elite Series 1 controller that still works after several years, but starts to show wear, and I can't upgrade to Series 2 without winning the series-2-build-quality-lottery.
Thema:

1. Help with Xbox Elite Series 2 controller. Can't Stop Screenshotting - Similar Threads - Help Elite Series

2. can i please get some help?

in XBoX on Windows
    can i please get some help?: my account was hacked and when i got the account back it was banned so can i please have some help because i really shouldnt be banned for something i didnt do so it would be much appreciated if i...
  3. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  4. Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???: A while ago my Xbox one would keep giving me error screens and the error said it was due to update. I've tried downloading the update offline but before the download can finish the console shuts...
  5. Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 Controller repair botched, Xbox Customer Support not helping: I can’t believe I’m even having this issue. It has taken me 1.5 years to get back an Elite Series 2 controller that I sent in for warranty repair along with its accessories. However, the...
  6. HELP! I am trying to order a replacement XBOX Elite 2 Controller

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP! I am trying to order a replacement XBOX Elite 2 Controller: So my xbox elite series 2 controller is broken I go and set up a repair order The controller is out of warranty - but it says i can buy a replacement. Fine - i go and try and order the...
  7. Elite Series 2 controller help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Elite Series 2 controller help: I have a strange question does the elite series 2 Xbox controller have the ability to carry over programming from Pc to console? Meaning whatever I set, say I program profile 1 on Xbox Accessoires...
  8. Need help regarding to my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help regarding to my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2: Technical support about my Xbox Elite Controller Series 2 c7177218-1886-4ec6-904e-e1f21281d9b5
  9. Need help getting my Elite series 2 controller repaired or replaced.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help getting my Elite series 2 controller repaired or replaced.: I previously sent my controller to be repaired a couple weeks ago as the left bumper was becoming unresponsive. I received it back and the left bumper was working but after a few days of use the...
  10. One paddle on my Elite Series 2 isn’t working, help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    One paddle on my Elite Series 2 isn’t working, help!: I just got an Elite Series 2 controller as a gift today and I started using it but realized that the bottom left paddle wasn’t working. Believe me, I made sure the button beneath the paddle was...