Help with Xbox App crashing immediately when trying to launch it - Win11

Discus and support Help with Xbox App crashing immediately when trying to launch it - Win11 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello, Having a weird issue where Xbox app just crashes when I try to launch it. Here's what I tried already: - updating Windows (in fact, today was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by BluePhazon1337, Jan 11, 2024.

1. Help with Xbox App crashing immediately when trying to launch it - Win11

Hello,

Having a weird issue where Xbox app just crashes when I try to launch it. Here's what I tried already:

- updating Windows (in fact, today was when I got a cumulative update, although the issue was happening even before)

- going to advanced app options and clicking on Repair and Reset for both the Xbox app and the Gaming Services App

- running sfc /scannow in admin CMD (it did actually find and correct a corrupt file, but did not resolve the issue)

- updating Windows store apps

- uninstalling Xbox app and re-installing it

Here's the entry that comes up in Event Viewer:

Faulting application name: XboxPcApp.exe, version: 2312.1001.18.0, time stamp: 0x65713980

Faulting module name: XboxPcApp.exe, version: 2312.1001.18.0, time stamp: 0x65713980

Exception code: 0xc0000409

Fault offset: 0x00000000006a3337

Faulting process id: 0x0x16FC

Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA4346E47008E8

Faulting application path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.GamingApp_2312.1001.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\XboxPcApp.exe

Faulting module path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\Microsoft.GamingApp_2312.1001.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe\XboxPcApp.exe

Report Id: 3ee02f83-f275-46f0-8467-2886d917bc3d

Faulting package full name: Microsoft.GamingApp_2312.1001.18.0_x64__8wekyb3d8bbwe

Faulting package-relative application ID: Microsoft.Xbox.App

Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

:)

BluePhazon1337, Jan 11, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

3. JavierTerrazas2 Win User

Xbox App on PC Keeps Closing and Reopening Forever When I Try to Launch it

Thank you for the reply

I attempted every solution you recommended. I still can't fully open the app, but the endless looping has stopped. Now, when I try to launch the app it simply crashes immediately once.
  4. bromanzier Win User

Latest Xbox App Update Problems (Crashing)

I can't even make it to the friends list...

My Xbox app, Xbox beta, and Smart Glass apps are crashing immediately upon launch, I see the green loading screen for a fraction of a second then crash. Very frustrating.
  5. Player758504066 Win User

Netflix, Amazon Prime crashing XBOX one X

Yes it only happens when launching these apps and its random, sometimes it works fine.

It never crashes when launching games though. I will try uninstalling and installing the apps to see if it helps.

Thanks
  6. MS Win8 Games Win User

2 month old laptop with taptiles preinstalled stopped working

Well we will try to help here. :) So does the game launch and then freeze immediately? Does it crash? Can you walk me through what happens from the time you try to launch the game?
Thema:

1. Help with Xbox App crashing immediately when trying to launch it - Win11 - Similar Threads - Help App crashing

2. I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!

in XboX Insiders
    I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!: Okay so i have a xbox one s and i haven’t turned it on in a few years, at least until today. I turned it on and updated it and everything was fine, until i tried installing netflix. Before this, i...
  3. Error with microsoft and xbox app, help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Error with microsoft and xbox app, help: I have a problem with Microsoft not downloading the Xbox app and it is getting stuck on install with the color grey and now I'm having a new problem which is I need to click everything about 3-4...
  4. Can somebody help me with the rewards app on xbox?

in XBoX on Windows
    Can somebody help me with the rewards app on xbox?: Hi, I redeemed a robux gift card from the rewards app on my Xbox using my points but I never got any robux or any kind of code, could someone help please? Thanks...
  5. Xbox app - Try the update again - need help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app - Try the update again - need help: I'm right now trying to launch Xbox app on pc to play SOT but I keep getting this error, I have currently uninstalled and reinstalled both Microsoft store and Xbox app and have tried some other...
  6. Xbox app refuses to start need some help.

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app refuses to start need some help.: So when i start my xbox app i get an error message saying "cant find program" and then i get a black updating screen stuck on 0% Any ideas how to fix this? submitted by /u/CeilingCrawler...
  7. Need help with xbox app on Windows

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with xbox app on Windows: For the last 2 weeks I been trying to use the xbox app on pc and no matter what I do my headset doesn't work in parties. My mic isn't muted in anyway because it shows it working in the test area....
  8. i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...

in XBoX on Windows
    i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are...: i need help with xbox gamebar not working it says background apps permission for xbox are turned off and ive tried everything but nothing works 051f8856-7c53-4954-a46f-3f47ff8ed1f7
  9. Unplayable and errors -> app crash. please help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Unplayable and errors -> app crash. please help?: Impossible to play, the application keeps crashing, I have a very powerful computer.I am running to the left (crash) run to the right (crash), naparyvayus spikes (crash). Bought on Steam, I want...
  10. My Xbox one will freeze and crash when I open an app please help

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one will freeze and crash when I open an app please help: Recently my Xbox one has been having issues. For about three days now when I ever I try to open an app my Xbox will freeze and crash. All I can do is just navigate around the home screen besides...