Help with QoS setup on Actiontec Q1000

Discus and support Help with QoS setup on Actiontec Q1000 in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I am having alot of latency issues with online. To get a couple questions out of the way first, Yes, the Q1000 powers everything, No, I don't have an... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Sultani19, Apr 22, 2015.

1. Sultani19
    Sultani19 Guest

I am having alot of latency issues with online. To get a couple questions out of the way first, Yes, the Q1000 powers everything, No, I don't have an additional router that it's bridged to.

There are multiple devices on my network, including phones, a tablet, and a PC. I know this won't matter a whole lot if I just power these devices down so there's no shared bandwidth, but when my son is streaming videos on his tablet, it would be nice to
    prioritize the traffic for the xbox one as the highest. I can turn off the PC and disable wifi on the other devices, that's not an isse. I just want to set the QoS to prioritize the wired ethernet port that the xbone is plugged in to.

When I go to custom QoS settings, there's no option to just prioritize the xbox one's IP, the ethernet port, really anything. I know the upstream and downstream speeds and what to set them to, but this option doesn't seem to be anywhere in the QoS settings
    for this modem / router. The features of the modem clearly indicate that QoS prioritizing is possible, but there's literally nothing that says how to do it for a console. There's just a bunch of codes listed under the custom QoS setting, and the manual does
    not specify what any of them mean.

Help?

:)

Sultani19, Apr 22, 2015
  2. XB1R Athena
    XB1R Athena Guest
    Known Issues

Actiontec Q1000

Login Information

• Gateway - 192.168.0.1
    • Username - (blank)
    • Password - (blank)

Known Issues

*There are no known issues at this time*

XB1R Athena, Apr 22, 2015
  3. xXKIZANPLAYERXx, Apr 22, 2015
  4. GMAN990 Win User

Setup QoS

Hi,

What is the make/model of your router?
  5. jaspertodd Win User

Setup QoS

6. xXKIZANPLAYERXx Win User

Setup QoS

well you can make it so your xbox has priority over unused/underused devices. Thats what I do.
  7. xXKIZANPLAYERXx Win User

Setup QoS

8. JTRoberts0035 Win User

Setup QoS

I have a few computers and devices connected to network. I've been using QoS for awhile and I wasn't 100% sure I did it right or not.
Thema:

1. Help with QoS setup on Actiontec Q1000 - Similar Threads - Help QoS setup

2. Please help me. I don’t know what to do. My account banned

in XBoX on Consoles
    Please help me. I don’t know what to do. My account banned: Hello. Please help me. I got my only account banned. I have serious health problems and I don't have many joys in life other than playing my xbox. no friends no girlfriend. I am depressed. The...
  3. Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, I'm having a problem with my Xbox series S: The Microsoft store app is days in an eternal update, at some point in the update there is an error in which it is (0x87e00017)only that games are installing normally less other apps like Bing,...
  4. Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...: Hello, I have a lot of saved games and characters on my fallout 4, wanting to get back into it. I’ve been spending hours and hours searching online and trying to find fixes for this issue, I’ve...
  5. Pc controller input bug need help

in XBoX Accessibility
    Pc controller input bug need help: while im playing games like fortnite i can feel my controller input off as if its not working properly and ive had 2 pc's with this same issue where i can unplug and plug it back in and for the...
  6. can someone help me with my xbox one s?

in XBoX on Consoles
    can someone help me with my xbox one s?: my xbox one s turns on, but doesn’t display anything to my tv, controllers can’t connect and my xbox turns off after about 20 seconds, i’ve tried hard resetting it but that doesn’t work either, it...
  7. Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out

in XboX Insiders
    Hello I need help with my Xbox cant figure out: Hello my sons xbox took a crap, and he doesnt remember the email address that went too it so I was wondering can I put the internal hard dr8ve 8n another xbox one S to retrieve account info or can...
  8. Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?

in XBoX on Windows
    Won't let me add a phone number to account to redeem reward points I have any help ?: Under rewards it added phone verification and it won't let me put my number in. Never had to do this before usually just got points and redeemed them. cab72864-61a6-4845-b498-d45fe2990133
  9. Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help with my Microsoft account linking to my psn: I play on ps5 and I am unable to sign into my Microsoft account for Minecraft, stating I already have an account linked to my psn but I unfortunately lost access to the email or information linked...
  10. Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...: Here is a photo of it. The marks are most likely water/vinegar mix. I hate when There are marks like this. [img] 411af9ba-49b4-47e4-a3fa-6c40e793f6fd