Help with privacy settings please

Discus and support Help with privacy settings please in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My son has an XBox Live account for the 360. We have his privacy settings so that only friends can view his info. However, I have noticed that when... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SKYDAKID1, Mar 16, 2014.

  1. SKYDAKID1
    SKYDAKID1 Guest

    Help with privacy settings please


    My son has an XBox Live account for the 360. We have his privacy settings so that only friends can view his info. However, I have noticed that when he is playing in friends' games and they invite in their friends, who are not mutual friends with
    my son, that those people now show up in his "friends" page, in the last column (the one with the controller symbol) . Is there a way to remove those people from that list?

    Also, what do the settings need to be in order to prevent friends from inviting non-mutual friends into a game that is being hosted under my son's profile? Or is this not possible? He was playing with a friend, who invited one of their friends in,
    but we only want him to be able to play with people we have approved for his friends list.

    Thanks for your help, we are new to this whole online gaming experience!

    :)
     
    SKYDAKID1, Mar 16, 2014
    #1
  2. bowski477
    bowski477 Guest
    Privacy Settings help please?

    When you go into privacy and online settings on xbox.com you should see a section like this



    Help with privacy settings please [​IMG]

    Change your settings to how you want them and save it. The settings can sometimes take some time to change on the console so wait a bit before checking to see if the settings changed.
     
    bowski477, Mar 16, 2014
    #2
  3. Privacy Settings help please?

    Hey xXxAishyxXx,

    How exactly are you testing this option?
     
    Mister Barakus, Mar 16, 2014
    #3
  4. MB5656
    MB5656 Guest

    Help with privacy settings please

    hello

    ok well now the friends page is what I'm thinking you are talking about at the bottom, ok he would have to send an friend request to them or he accepts others. now the ones with the controller symbol is people you have meet online, now they are not friends
    that is to go to that if your son wanted to send a friend request and did not when he was in an online lobby. (they automatically roll off or different people get on that list. they are not able to see his info/ profile. now the party's are invite only so
    your son or his friends can invite other friends, now you can mute or block communications with the people you dont know, were it will stop him people he does not know not able to join again. you can also use the private chat function and only that friend
    and you would be able to talk with each other. now if your son has a party open and does not have anyone in it, only one friend can join the party with out having an invite.

    hope that helpsHelp with privacy settings please :) and relax if one person is a mean person you can block communications or mute
     
    MB5656, Mar 16, 2014
    #4
  5. XBF Chris J Win User

    Privacy Settings help please?

    Can some one help me get my account to be able to go back online
    Hey there,

    Please take the time to create your own thread detailing this issue. We will be happy to assist you there!
  6. DESi GiRL RaWR Win User

    Privacy Settings help please?

    I went through the link and I have set "Profile Sharing" to 'Everyone' just like it it says, and it's suppose to show up my name, bio, motto, etc to Everyone. But it's still not. =S
  7. DESi GiRL RaWR Win User

    Privacy Settings help please?

    I have the privacy settings set exactly the way. here's a print screen :S

    And it says If i set "Profile Sharing" to 'Everyone", it should show my name, bio and motto.

    Is this some sort of a bug in Xbox.com? =S

    [​IMG]
  8. Mister Barakus Win User

    Privacy Settings help please?

    Hey xXxAishyxXx,

    How exactly are you testing this option?
  9. LankstaTDOT Win User

    Privacy Settings help please?

    as far as i know, hiding your game history hides your bio as well. i know it sounds retarded lol
Thema:

Help with privacy settings please

Loading...
  1. Help with privacy settings please - Similar Threads - Help privacy settings

  2. XBOX Insider hub dead, need help

    in XboX Insiders
    XBOX Insider hub dead, need help: I’ve recently joined XBOX Insiders and downloaded the hub, the only issue is, i am barely able to upgrade my ring, and the only way i can is via these weekly pulses, which only give me about 5 xp,...
  3. Help with achievements on Xbox Series S

    in XboX Insiders
    Help with achievements on Xbox Series S: Is anyone else having trouble unlocking achievements for games they've purchased? Because mine aren't unlocking; I don't know if it's a Microsoft issue or a problem with the game itself....
  4. Xbox day one badge won't unlock help!!

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox day one badge won't unlock help!!: I have successfully redeemed a code for the xbox one day one achievement in 2026, after the update that added the badge. It is in my purchase history and I own the licence for the achievement but...
  5. Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me

    in XboX Insiders
    Xbox series Bug trophy mythic help me: Hello, I'm having a problem with the Mythic achievement. I'm an Insider Beta member, and my Mythic achievement is stuck at 48/50, while the normal achievement is at 50/50. I've tried restarting...
  6. I need Help with insider updates

    in XboX Insiders
    I need Help with insider updates: Hey Guys, I just became an XBOX INSIDER. How do I get my console updated with the insider updates such as mythic achievements? submitted by /u/Ok_Conference_9242 [link] [comments]
  7. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  8. Problem about privacy settings pls help

    in XboX Insiders
    Problem about privacy settings pls help: Is anyone else having this issue? My Xbox privacy settings won’t save. Every time I click Submit, it says they’re saved, but after refreshing the page, everything resets to the previous settings....
  9. cannot change privacy settings due to being a “teen account” no parent attatched? pls help

    in XBoX Accessibility
    cannot change privacy settings due to being a “teen account” no parent attatched? pls help: i have a microsoft account that is a “teen” account, but has no parent attatched to it. i went to view family settings, left the family, and i still need to have my “parent” change all my settings...
  10. privacy settings help for playing NBA24K

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    privacy settings help for playing NBA24K: I was trying to update my son's privacy settings but figured the only way to do this would be to remove him from the family group. I think I may have removed myself in error, how do I add myself...