Help with Gaming Monitor - Looking at Ultrawide

Discus and support Help with Gaming Monitor - Looking at Ultrawide in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hello, I really want an ultra wide monitor but I'm concerned with the sizing issue and possible compatibility issues. Wanted to get some feedback. I... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by CONT4GI0US, Mar 15, 2024.

1. CONT4GI0US
    CONT4GI0US Guest

Hello,

I really want an ultra wide monitor but I'm concerned with the sizing issue and possible compatibility issues. Wanted to get some feedback. I also do school and work from home. I would appreciate any input. Thanks!

Looking at some options:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsun...AoEzO8l3mIUcz-6AcBUaAhYnEALw_wcB&gclsrc=aw.ds

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B096YNP6Z...trd-us-2393151910592302732-20&geniuslink=true

https://www.amazon.com/Acer-CB281HK-LED-LCD-Monitor/dp/B01LHU9ANO This is my current monitor that I've been using.

:)

CONT4GI0US, Mar 15, 2024
  2. NaZoooom Win User

Xbox One X - 5120x1440

Hi Stjarnan TRTR,

I am aware of the monitor you are talking about and it I believe fits into the super ultrawide monitor category.

So the Xbox can output in 1080, 1440, and 4k on a 16:9 ratio. So that means for 1440 you would be looking at 2560x1440 for a ‘normal’ picture as supported by the system.

It should work on your monitor but there is a HUGE caveat in that you will be outputting to 2560x1440. Your monitor will have two very big black bars to the left and the right of the screen and maybe the top and bottom too (not 100% sure about top/bottom
    bars). Any stretching done by the monitor will make the output look odd and in a normal ultrawide (3440x1440) it is less noticeable but in your monitor I think it will not look very good as everything will be stretched.

If you cant find videos of your monitor paired with an Xbox, look for videos where a 3440x1440 monitor is used instead. The results are similar and it gives you an idea of what to expect.

I have been asking for 21:9 / 3440x1440 support for a while (via twitter, reddit, etc) and hope we get some support for it. I am a huge fan of ultrawide monitors and I am in the opposite camp where I want an ultrawide for a raspberry pi/ future PC but The
    Xbox don’t support it so it seams wasted at this stage in my life. Your monitor is the next level up from the resolution I want but aspect ratio is the same :) I can imagine your monitor is a beast in FPS and racing games. I bet it is really immersive :)

Hope this helps any questions will do my best to answer them :)
  3. MindOfTim Win User

Could We See Ultrawide 21:9 Support for Xbox Series X ?

I looked into it some more and it does look really impressive! I think I would go for one of the series X does end up supporting ultrawide monitors!
  4. MilesAldenhoven1 Win User

Will Xbox Series X|S be compatible with 21:9 (ultrawide) aspect ratio?

Adding support for 21:9 would really be an improvement for console users with ultrawide screen monitors.

Seems crazy for Microsoft to have ultrawide available for the PC version games, but not for their own console.

I don't play competitive gaming, but I could understand not allowing it in such circumstances, but if Microsoft wants an immediate leg up on Sony consoles give us support for ultrawide screen gaming.
    Exactly. A lot of desktop gamers use ultrawide monitors. Alienware recently announced their brand new QD-OLED monitor - the first of its kind - which is a 34 inch curved ultrawide. This tells you the direction PC gaming is going and there's no reason why console should be any different. If these next gen consoles have the capability to do it then it should be utilised. If it involves the developers reprogramming their games then fair enough, but I don't see it being a tough job to do.
  5. webdevkit Win User

Could We See Ultrawide 21:9 Support for Xbox Series X ?

For some reason I don’t like Ultrawide monitors.
  6. smalltownusa_2012 Win User

Will Xbox Series X|S be compatible with 21:9 (ultrawide) aspect ratio?

Adding support for 21:9 would really be an improvement for console users with ultrawide screen monitors.

Seems crazy for Microsoft to have ultrawide available for the PC version games, but not for their own console.

I don't play competitive gaming, but I could understand not allowing it in such circumstances, but if Microsoft wants an immediate leg up on Sony consoles give us support for ultrawide screen gaming.
Thema:

1. Help with Gaming Monitor - Looking at Ultrawide - Similar Threads - Help Gaming Monitor

2. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  3. Help with Android cloud gaming with SteelSeries Stratus XL controller

in XboX Insiders
    Help with Android cloud gaming with SteelSeries Stratus XL controller: Hoping it's not my phone's fault not being good enought but there's a bit of controller input lag that's enough to make it not worth playing but besides my phone I also am using the old Steel...
  4. My xbox double flashes and crashes my game any help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My xbox double flashes and crashes my game any help?: When playing watch dogs legion my game often crashes in very short spaces of time with my Xbox flashing twice every time it crashes. 20c9e003-3671-4251-9e3b-a54571c4da23
  5. I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.: So I have been playing fallout 76 with my friends in my Xbox series s. One of them was playing with Xbox cloud gaming on his laptop that had an rtx 3060. He told me it wasn’t laggy at all. Today I...
  6. I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!

in XboX Insiders
    I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!: Okay so i have a xbox one s and i haven’t turned it on in a few years, at least until today. I turned it on and updated it and everything was fine, until i tried installing netflix. Before this, i...
  7. I need help refunding a game

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help refunding a game: I’m trying to refund an Xbox game I bought and it declined my refund saying I reached my refund limit and This is the first game I’m refunding and I don’t understand why it says I reached my...
  8. I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help

in XBoX on Windows
    I play virtual gaming and I can't install it, I need help: I play virtual gaming and I am having a hard time downloading the game and I need help if someone can help me please? 85094ede-f6b5-425c-b2ad-fc8e15617c7d
  9. I cant log in to xbox cloud gaming (beta) Can someone help me?

in XboX Insiders
    I cant log in to xbox cloud gaming (beta) Can someone help me?: In xbox cloud gaming every time I click sign in its gives me the usual screen about signing in but when i fill it out it loads back and the sign in dosent work. can any one help me? submitted by...
  10. Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games

in XBoX on Windows
    Need Help with Monitor Issue - Black Screen and Blurry Display When Minimizing Games: Hey everyone, I've been wrestling with a frustrating issue for over two weeks now, and despite my efforts, I can't seem to find a solution. Here's the lowdown: I recently purchased a new monitor...