Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM

Discus and support Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM in XboX Networking Hardware to solve the problem; Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM Hi Pochizzled92, Thanks for the update. If you call your ISP they can... Discussion in 'XboX Networking Hardware' started by pochizzled92, Aug 3, 2019.

1. pochizzled92
    pochizzled92 Guest

Hi Pochizzled92,

Thanks for the update. If you call your ISP they can assist you in port forwarding the router. They are able to log in the router themselves. Personally did this myself through Comcast. Just make sure you have the ports needed for the Xbox which are:

These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work:

• Port 88 (UDP)
    • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 80 (TCP)
    • Port 500 (UDP)
    • Port 3544 (UDP)
    • Port 4500 (UDP)
    Thanks,

Brad

:)

pochizzled92, Aug 3, 2019
  2. XBF Brad A Win User

Hi Pochizzled92,

Thanks for the update. If you call your ISP they can assist you in port forwarding the router. They are able to log in the router themselves. Personally did this myself through Comcast. Just make sure you have the ports needed for the Xbox which are:

These ports must be open for Xbox Live to work:

• Port 88 (UDP)
    • Port 3074 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 53 (UDP and TCP)
    • Port 80 (TCP)
    • Port 500 (UDP)
    • Port 3544 (UDP)
    • Port 4500 (UDP)
    Thanks,

Brad
  3. Ricardo Cintra Win User

Check if your NAT is all Open in your Network
  4. XBF Crystal P Win User

Hi there pochizzled92,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with port forwarding for the Xbox system on your Comcast network.

I recommend to create a static IP for the console, and
    port forwarding on the network
    configuration settings for a better connection.

Check out this article for more information on the Xbox Live Ports.

If the issue persist, we recommend to contact your Internet Service Provider for more troubleshooting and configuring your Network connection and hardware.

Give this a try and let us know the results.
  5. pochizzled92 Win User

Hi there ,

Thanks for reaching out here in Xbox Forums. I understand there is an issue with port forwarding for the Xbox system on your Comcast network.

I recommend to create a static IP for the console, and
    port forwarding on the network
    configuration settings for a better connection.

Check out this article for more information on the Xbox Live Ports.

If the issue persist, we recommend to contact your Internet Service Provider for more troubleshooting and configuring your Network connection and hardware.

Give this a try and let us know the results.
    Funny enough, the link is blue for the static IP, which I mentioned I'm not sure if it's the same as a reserved IP - but I also made a post on my ISPs forums to try and resolve the issue but for now set my xbox to a reserved IP, but because the xbox uses
    IPv6 I'm still not able to add in ports forwarding to it, but will get back to you when I get more info as I work random hours and have not had a chance to contact them over the phone during the day.

Will let you know if reserved IP helps the issue any, and got my fingers crossed
  6. Judy Hoppss Win User

Connection

San Francisco California

Comcast Wireless Gateway 1

Model number TG852G

1 Xbox One

Wireless

All of the above including port forwarding and other troubleshooting tips from several support members

UnPn yes

No NAT error

Error code 0x780

Comcast or Xfinity
Thema:

1. Help with disconnection? Not able to port forward on Comcast Gateway CGM4140COM - Similar Threads - Help disconnection able

2. Party Chat Disconnecting please help

in XboX Insiders
    Party Chat Disconnecting please help: Good evening fellow gamers, I've been having trouble with my party chat, it will stay on for a minute then disconnect. I've restarted my wifi and my Xbox along with updated it. I've checked my...
  3. Help I keep getting disconnected every night at the same time

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help I keep getting disconnected every night at the same time: Hi, So I'm having issues with my Xbox series x. Every night 9 on the dot I get kicked from the party and Internet. I can't even connect back on and pops up with "can't obtained IP address" I...
  4. PLEASE HELP! How to Get controller to stop disconnecting Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    PLEASE HELP! How to Get controller to stop disconnecting Windows 11: I have been using a controller for awhile, my controller recently started to disconnect from my pc every 30 seconds. I made sure all my drivers are updated, I even reinstalled all of them; bios,...
  5. Controller disconnects mid game but light is still on please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Controller disconnects mid game but light is still on please help.: Controller unsyncs mid game but controller is still on. I tried holding controller button down to reset. I disconnected console from the wall. Works fine for a but until it starts doing it again....
  6. Xbox Controller "Half" Disconnecting - Help Me!!

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox Controller "Half" Disconnecting - Help Me!!: I've had this issue for over a year now. Multiple controllers, multiple xboxes. I will be playing with my normal wireless controller with a duracell battery pack and suddenly, the controller...
  7. My controller keeps disconnecting its self help

in XBoX Accessibility
    My controller keeps disconnecting its self help: So i got a new proper xbox controller for Christmas about 2 weeks ago now the controller started randomly disconnecting its self (i have it constantly plugged in so dont use batteries) every hour...
  8. My controller keeps disconnecting its self help

in XBoX Accessibility
    My controller keeps disconnecting its self help: So i got a new proper xbox controller for Christmas about 2 weeks ago now the controller started randomly disconnecting its self (i have it constantly plugged in so dont use batteries) every hour...
  9. My Xbox one controller keeps disconnecting every 5 minutes can anyone help?

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox one controller keeps disconnecting every 5 minutes can anyone help?: This started 3-4 days ago I guess after the most recent update but this has never happened to me before and I’ve had this Xbox for 5 years. I’ve tried a bunch of things but nothing is really...
  10. Xbox Controller Intermittently Disconnecting, Cannot get help from a human

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Intermittently Disconnecting, Cannot get help from a human: Hi, Really at a loss of what to do here. My xbox series X controller has been intermittently disconnecting for the past month or two now. It's gotten to the point where I can't play live games...