Help with both controller bumpers not working all of a sudden

Discus and support Help with both controller bumpers not working all of a sudden in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; My controller bumpers on the back side have stopped working since using it on another xbox. When going to configure controller in xbox accessories it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ERIC SAENZ1, Jan 3, 2024.

1. ERIC SAENZ1
    ERIC SAENZ1 Guest

My controller bumpers on the back side have stopped working since using it on another xbox. When going to configure controller in xbox accessories it doesnt even recognize that I have bumpers. When I push either bumper they do not register on the test mode screen. I then went and bought a brand new controller and same issue on that controller as well so I have ruled out it being a controller issue. Can note that the other xbox I recently played on had just did a new update for the xbox and game was playing before actually playing. Figure this is a setting or update issue. Any help is much appreciated. Thank you

:)

ERIC SAENZ1, Jan 3, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hi ERIC S, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Please, can you connect it to a computer or mobile device?

After you do, enter this site and test the buttons: gamepad-tester.com

On you console, reset your settings.

Please, follow these steps:

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > System > Console info.

Select Reset console.

Select Reset and keep my games & apps.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/reset-console-to-factory-defaults

Let me know if it works!
  3. Auswulf Win User

Left analog stick now drifts.

The left bumper stopped working properly in one controller and the sticks in my other one felt loose and had a wobble to them so I opened both up and swapped the thumbsticks out of the broken left bumper controller. So far so good. I refuse to send stuff
    into Microsoft after all the bad experience people have had with them.
  4. CoopII Win User

The bumper buttons

My day one is the same way the right side bumper is fine firm click and works well but the left side bumper there is no sound and feels off. I know it doesn't work the best I notice it most in games like Ghosts where I cook a 9 bang and then it just random
    throws it half cooked even though firm pressure is on the bumper. My sons controller I bought at Christmas is very different feel on both bumpers then my Day One controller.

I never thought to return it at all I don't use the left bumper much except in Ghosts. Too late now... Figure I'll buy a new White controller when they are out.
  5. Mike JezZ Win User

Disgusted by the quality of Xbox one controller!

I got 2 controllers for my XO console.

One of them had sharp edges, but BOTH of them had bumper problems (bumper not clicking/registering).

Got them replaced with two where the bumpers were fine. However, the new one had sharp edges on both sides), plus the sticks on BOTH controllers worked poorly. There was an extreme grindy feeling to them, and some strange noise when I moved them up and down.

The quality of XO controllers is very very poor in general. It is somewhat nice to see that I am not the only one who got unlucky. I have given up hope to get a fully functioning XO controller. Might wait to later when they aren't in a hurry and makes some
    that hopefully works.
  6. Ian McPherson Win User

my turtle beach earforce xo one isn't working

i mentioned my first controller being broken because the bumper broke and the second controller is the only controller with a working bumper
Thema:

1. Help with both controller bumpers not working all of a sudden - Similar Threads - Help both controller

2. help saving both account

in XBoX Accessibility
    help saving both account: I originally created my Xbox account for my sons to share. i could not afford to get all 3 older boys each their own account. So to be fare and stop what fights i could from ever starting. my...
  3. Need help moving my both my sons series s consoles under my account.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help moving my both my sons series s consoles under my account.: Hi, Right now I managed to really get things messed up. I have my account with my Series X on one of my email accounts I set up for my Series X when I got it. Later, I got a second Series S for my...
  4. Need Help accessing the other version of Minecraft after both were given if you only owned...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need Help accessing the other version of Minecraft after both were given if you only owned...: I have had bedrock on my account for a while before the migrations happened and I would like to play java on the account but whenever I try to it says that i still need to buy it or play the demo....
  5. I cannot access any of my xbox games both disc and digital. (xbox one) help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I cannot access any of my xbox games both disc and digital. (xbox one) help: every time i try to open a game it says that it took too long to start. i have spent a half hour on this. i have restarted my console multiple times. bff86cae-de12-497f-b9c0-767a3d9988fa
  6. Help! Both of my brothers' Xbox one controllers lose connection intermittently - tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Both of my brothers' Xbox one controllers lose connection intermittently - tried...: Hello, I was wondering if anybody would be able to help. My brothers both have xbox one controllers (genuine branded), and for the last 2 years or so, they've operated without issues. That was...
  7. My download keeps failing at exactly 79% ... on *both* of my XBOX 360 consoles. Please help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My download keeps failing at exactly 79% ... on *both* of my XBOX 360 consoles. Please help!: Hello, all! I happen to own two XBOX 360 consoles (yes, I've never upgraded to the XBOX One or a PS4), one in my living room and the other in my bedroom. My fiancee expressed interest in running...
  8. Need help, I'm signed up for Xbox insiders and I have both the streaming app and Xbox app,...

in XboX Insiders
    Need help, I'm signed up for Xbox insiders and I have both the streaming app and Xbox app,...: [IMG] submitted by /u/andythenaykid [link] [comments]
  9. Xbox Live Account - Email Change - Both Emails have active Xbox Live Accounts *HELP*

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Live Account - Email Change - Both Emails have active Xbox Live Accounts *HELP*: Hi, I have two email addresses, A & B. Email A - My main email account, the one I want to keep. This has an Xbox Live profile associated with it. Email B - My old email account, but linked to...
  10. Need help with my console. It is missing icons and text in both the home and app screens.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help with my console. It is missing icons and text in both the home and app screens.: Take a look at this link and please help. Xboxone help 921588ea-2a37-4f30-a9f4-f8484f9ea18b