Help- Unable to Download Content on 360 (For a Month...)

Discus and support Help- Unable to Download Content on 360 (For a Month...) in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I used to have Destiny, but kept running into Boar error code. So I looked online and it said to uninstall and reinstall. I uninstalled, and then tried... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by gcw0068, Nov 4, 2015.

1. gcw0068
    gcw0068 Guest

I used to have Destiny, but kept running into Boar error code. So I looked online and it said to uninstall and reinstall. I uninstalled, and then tried to reinstall... it won't. It goes to like 4 or 7% (or a different number sometimes) and then fails. It's
    been this way for multiple weeks. It is very frustrating... I've tried the suggestions on this site, eg https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-360/downloadable-content/download-xbox-live-content, but
    it just doesn't work. Please help me out.

:)

gcw0068, Nov 4, 2015
  2. taidara
    taidara Guest
    Unable to download content on 360

The Xbox system update uses a different storage method and therefore, is not affected just by clearing the Xbox system cache.

Clearing the Xbox system cache will effectively remove cached data and previously downloaded title updates.

[quote user="MatrixofLiberty"]No luck. My buddies profile has problems when transferred to my console.[/quote]Did you try this method by connecting your console to a different network? For example, at your buddies house?

taidara, Nov 4, 2015
  3. Unable to download content on 360

Same problem when connected via Ethernet cable. Downloaded my profile to one of my kids 360's just fine and other content downloaded fine as well. I move my profile to my console and I can't connect again.

CountryGentlman, Nov 4, 2015
  4. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest

Sorry to hear it. I checked out the support page for the Boar error code and couldn't find anything that said to uninstall the game.

www.bungie.net/.../11892

Can you answer a few questions for me?

1. Which country do you live in?

2. Which country is your gamertag set for?

3. How is your console set up (wired, wireless)?

4. Can you go to www.speedtest.net and run a test then post the results (pin, up and down)?

onyxishere, Nov 4, 2015
  5. gcw0068
    gcw0068 Guest
    Thanks for the reply. As for the uninstalling, I first tried the Boar-specific Help suggestions and when that didn't work, it said if I keep running into an error I may want to try a reinstall. Anyways, on to the questions:

1. USA

2. USA, I believe

3. Wireless

ping: 12 ms

download: 89.05 mbps

upload: 6.32 mbps

Thanks again.

gcw0068, Nov 5, 2015
  6. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    Ok, thanks. It could be an issue with the wireless internet. Are you able to try connecting via ethernet cable for the duration of the install?

onyxishere, Nov 5, 2015
  7. gcw0068
    gcw0068 Guest
    I will definitely try that (I'll have to purchase one first though). Thanks for the help.

gcw0068, Nov 6, 2015
  8. gcw0068
    gcw0068 Guest

Well hi again. Its been a week, but I got an ethernet and managed to get it connected. It's now providing xbox live. When I try to redownload my game, it just gets stuck at 4%. Do I have to reset it or something?

gcw0068, Nov 13, 2015
  9. onyxishere
    onyxishere Guest
    That might be a good idea. Head over to Settings>System>Storage and select your storage device (make sure it has enough space). Scroll through your listed items and delete anything that has a yellow exclamation mark beside it.

onyxishere, Nov 1, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: