Help to fix xbox 360 red light/dot and black screen

Discus and support Help to fix xbox 360 red light/dot and black screen in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH XBOX 360 SLIM 4G RED LIGHT/DOT & BLANK SCREEN PLEASE!!! hi can anyone help me? A red light/dot has come up on my power... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Player032391583, Oct 9, 2016.

1. Help to fix xbox 360 red light/dot and black screen

PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME WITH XBOX 360 SLIM 4G RED LIGHT/DOT & BLANK SCREEN PLEASE!!!

hi can anyone help me? A red light/dot has come up on my power button on my xbox 360 and the screen is black and whn I turn it on it sounds like it wants to start but the screen stays black and the fan doesnt seem to start either and ther is a red light/dot
    on the front power button. I have tryed unplugging all the cables and let it wait Bt it still shows red light. I dnt have a hard drive so I can't b that before the red light came on the image was fuzzy so I turned the console off and whn i turned it back on
    the red light/dot came on and the console fan doesn't start. PLEASE CAN SOMEONE HELP ME

:)

Player032391583, Oct 9, 2016
  2. Xbox 360 Slim Red dot

I have a black Xbox 360 Slim which got the red dot on the console power button. The tv screen stays black. No error codes or anything is shown. The power box lights up from orange to green when I switch the console on but the console gets the red dot. Please
    help. What do I do?

HillyTester0125, Oct 9, 2016
  3. Sparda711
    Sparda711 Guest
    red dot problem

my XBOX 360 was working fine until a red dot appears and my screen goes black I did try removing HDD

it worked for 5 minutes and the red dot came back is there any other possible cause for the red dot and if there how do I resolve it

Sparda711, Oct 9, 2016
  4. QuickMythril
    QuickMythril Guest

the red light on the slim consoles is the same as the "Red Ring of Death" on the original 360 console. if you hold in the sync button and press eject, it will change to show you a number of flashing lights that corresponds with the secondary error code.
    this can give you more information on exactly what type of hardware failure you have encountered. the secondary error code is 4 digits long, and each time you press eject while holding the sync button it will change to the next digit of the code. for example
    if you press and get 4 flashes, then 4, then 1, and 3, then it will go back to the original red light. 4 is considered 0, so that code would be 0013. this code means the RAM is overheating. you can use that code to search for more information on your problem.
    let me know if you are able to get the code, or if you have any trouble with that process and i should be able to help some more.

QuickMythril, Oct 9, 2016
  5. Hi there.

Im having the same red light problem on my 360 slim console. I held the sync button and pressed eject 4 times. If I did it correctly then the error code is 0003. What does this mean?

HillyTester0125, Oct 31, 2018
  6. HillyTester0125 Win User

Hi there.

Im having the same red light problem on my 360 slim console. I held the sync button and pressed eject 4 times. If I did it correctly then the error code is 0003. What does this mean?
  7. QuickMythril Win User

the red light on the slim consoles is the same as the "Red Ring of Death" on the original 360 console. if you hold in the sync button and press eject, it will change to show you a number of flashing lights that corresponds with the secondary error code.
    this can give you more information on exactly what type of hardware failure you have encountered. the secondary error code is 4 digits long, and each time you press eject while holding the sync button it will change to the next digit of the code. for example
    if you press and get 4 flashes, then 4, then 1, and 3, then it will go back to the original red light. 4 is considered 0, so that code would be 0013. this code means the RAM is overheating. you can use that code to search for more information on your problem.
    let me know if you are able to get the code, or if you have any trouble with that process and i should be able to help some more.
  8. ECP11PRO Win User

xbox red light on slim console

i have the new slim version (star war limited edition) i have just a red dot light showing, it was working fine when i turn it on but when starting to play a game the screen went black and the red light appeared and the disc tray wont open
  9. StuartATrueRed Win User

My console has turned red and the screen is blank

Have all the lights turned red, if so, then it is just an issue with the video signal, try changing your video cable (hdmi or composite av cable)and see if that does the trick.

If it is just 3 red lights or red dot (If Xbox 360 S or E), then that is a general hardware failure, which usually means the console will no longer work, and no way to fix.
  10. KILLERHEDAKE Win User

MY XBOX IS FREEZING BEFORE IT LOADS

And if the logo does not have light moving over the ball at the startup screen this is preemptive to general hardware failure ie "red dot of death/rrod/ red ring of death".
Thema:

1. Help to fix xbox 360 red light/dot and black screen - Similar Threads - Help fix 360

2. Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???: A while ago my Xbox one would keep giving me error screens and the error said it was due to update. I've tried downloading the update offline but before the download can finish the console shuts...
  3. Can somebody help me fix my YouTube or maybe Xbox can resolve it???

in XBoX on Windows
    Can somebody help me fix my YouTube or maybe Xbox can resolve it???: Im trying to watch YouTube and the screen freezes and the audio continues playing. I cant watch it its unbearable somebody please help me fix this it would he much appreciated....
  4. HELP. Green screen when I turn on my Xbox. How do I fix it?

in XboX Insiders
    HELP. Green screen when I turn on my Xbox. How do I fix it?: When I turned my Xbox on the screen only shows green. When I move the stick around it still makes the sound for selecting things. Is there anyway to fix this submitted by /u/FlaminghairBall_...
  5. Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset: Well I was playing my controller died and I plugged in the charger and then I couldn't hear game chat party I could only here party chat when I was look at it like if you were to leave it and I...
  6. need help fixing xbox voice chat automatically being set to one

in XBoX on Windows
    need help fixing xbox voice chat automatically being set to one: While i was in an xbox voice chat with some friends on pc, i changed the voice chat volume and once I did the xbox voice chat volume was set to one in the volume mixer and i couldn't change it. I...
  7. I NEED HELP FIXING MY CONTROLLER!!

in XBoX Accessibility
    I NEED HELP FIXING MY CONTROLLER!!: Hey yall i need help fixing my controller. I dont know why its doing what it is doing. All of a sudden, withing 10 minutes of me steppi g away and coming back my controllef is broken. Anytime i...
  8. Need help fixing a Israeli Xbox 360 S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help fixing a Israeli Xbox 360 S: My friend has a Xbox 360 s. 4 years ago it broke, and today I decided to come and fix it. We plugged it in, and the box turns yellow as expected. We press the power button and it turns green for...
  9. Earlier I made the statement Microsoft didn't help me when it came to time to fix my Xbox 360

in XBoX Accessibility
    Earlier I made the statement Microsoft didn't help me when it came to time to fix my Xbox 360: What does it mean to a lot of people tell me other things I can try to do and when I think I did is I download it in my desk Xbox dashboard and I put in my password and username in there and so...
  10. Xbox 360 help/fix

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox 360 help/fix: So my Xbox 360, I can turn it on and see it on my tv screen and everything..but the green light some times doesn't light up & my controller won't sync but my controller can turn on But even when...