Help setting up separate game pass accounts

Discus and support Help setting up separate game pass accounts in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I am starting a business that uses 10 Xbox consoles. Each consoles will need to have its own game van account. How can I buy a separate game pass... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Paul McCarthy2, Sep 25, 2023.

1. Help setting up separate game pass accounts

I am starting a business that uses 10 Xbox consoles. Each consoles will need to have its own game van account. How can I buy a separate game pass account on consoles after the first one. When I set up a new console using my Microsoft account, it automatically logs me into my existing game pass account. This doesn’t work because each console needs to be able to play any game any time. So I need 10 separate game pass accounts on the same Microsoft accounts. I don’t want to have to use 10 different email addresses. It would be a nightmare to use.

:)

Paul McCarthy2, Sep 25, 2023
  2. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi Paul McCarthy2,

We haven't heard from you, so we assume that your issue has already been addressed. We will not be monitoring this thread moving forward so, if you need further assistance, please create a new thread to discuss these concerns by clicking this link: Create a new question or start a discussion (microsoft.com)

Thank you for understanding.

Kind regards,
    Marrion
  3. Marrion_Y Win User

Hi Paul McCarthy2,

Welcome to Microsoft Xbox Community Forum. I understand that you want to set up separate game pass accounts for 10 Xbox consoles using the same Microsoft account. I'm here to help you with that.

First, let me explain why you are automatically logged into your existing game pass account when you set up a new console using your Microsoft account. This is because your game pass subscription is tied to your Microsoft account, not to your console. This means that you can access your game pass games on any console as long as you sign in with your Microsoft account.

However, this also means that you cannot have multiple game pass accounts on the same Microsoft account. You will need to use different email addresses for each game pass account. I know this might sound inconvenient, but it is the only way to ensure that each console can play any game any time.

To create a new game pass account, you will need to create a new Microsoft account with a different email address. You can do this from the Microsoft website or from your console. Then, you will need to sign up for a game pass subscription using that new account. You can do this from the Microsoft Store app or from the Xbox Game Pass app on your console.

Once you have created a new game pass account, you will need to sign in with that account on the console that you want to use it on. You can do this by pressing the Xbox button on your controller, going to Profile & system > Add or switch, and selecting Add new. Then, follow the instructions to sign in with your new account.

You will need to repeat this process for each console that you want to set up with a separate game pass account. You can also add your primary Microsoft account as a guest on each console, so that you can access your personal settings and preferences. To do this, press the Xbox button on your controller, go to Profile & system > Add or switch, and select Add guest. The guest account will appear as HostName.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions or concerns.

Kind regards,

Marrion
  4. Richard Vallis Win User

Xbox Ultimate Game Pass - Multiple Devices

Hello.

There is no way for three separate accounts to use the same Game Pass subscription, unless they’re all signed in on the same console and it is set as a home console. Even then, you would still need to purchase a separate subscription for Game Pass for PC.

I hope my response was helpful.
  5. Tristan van Wyk Win User

Does Xbox Family pass only work on 2 consoles?

Hello Tristan, sorry to hear you're having trouble with Sharing.

I'm afraid the Friends & Family pass only shares access to the Game Pass and its features. If you're looking to share your purchased games then that is only possible via the Home setting on the console. Once an account is set as Home on a console then that accounts purchased games can be shared on that console without issue. Any other console would need to have the account that purchased the games logged in while others play.

You can read more about the differences between the two options via the links below.

Home Setting - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/hardware-ne...

Friends & Family - https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help/subscriptio...
    Yes, we did not purchase any games and do not plan on sharing any purchased games. We bought the family and friends pass, and we want to play games that are on the Xbox Game Pass but we want to play these games on our separate consoles, using the 5 accounts and 5 separate consoles that we registered on the Xbox Game Pass Friends and Family. Only 2 of us are now able to access game pass on our separate consoles, whereas the other 3 are not able to connect to Xbox Game Pass Friends and Family even though we all subscribed using the link provided by the person who bought the Xbox Game Pass Family and Friends. All of us show up on the Xbox Game Pass Friends and Family but not all of us are able to access its features.
  6. Erikaknott Win User

setting up a second xbox with separate user account

It will not accept new email account I set up for second child
Thema:

1. Help setting up separate game pass accounts - Similar Threads - Help setting separate

2. need help fixing xbox voice chat automatically being set to one

in XBoX on Windows
    need help fixing xbox voice chat automatically being set to one: While i was in an xbox voice chat with some friends on pc, i changed the voice chat volume and once I did the xbox voice chat volume was set to one in the volume mixer and i couldn't change it. I...
  3. Help me set up

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help me set up: Help I'm trying to set up my Xbox one s with my phone using the 10 letter code but when I try and put it in my phone it says "Make sure the code you entered matches the code on your TV. Then try...
  4. Help, xbox game bar not showing up in settings

in XboX Insiders
    Help, xbox game bar not showing up in settings: i was trying to fix my party chat because it wasnt letting me talk even though it showed it was picking it up, so after going to tons of trouble shooting i went and did the simple thing, delete...
  5. privacy settings help for playing NBA24K

in XBoX Games and Apps
    privacy settings help for playing NBA24K: I was trying to update my son's privacy settings but figured the only way to do this would be to remove him from the family group. I think I may have removed myself in error, how do I add myself...
  6. I’m sure there’s a bunch of posts like this but I need help with my refresh rate settings

in XboX Insiders
    I’m sure there’s a bunch of posts like this but I need help with my refresh rate settings: Tv says it allow 4k 60hz gaming, but Xbox won’t Allow me to turn on the 50hz tab in display settings submitted by /u/MrHerbaDerb [link] [comments]
  7. need help with settings to join friends in minecraft

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    need help with settings to join friends in minecraft: i cannot join my friends in minecraft, when i try to change my settings, it tells me i am unable to do so and that it is because i am part of a xbox family group, though i am not. Can anyone help...
  8. Where is the support for setting up the very expensive Xbox series x help? I am stick in...

in XBoX on Windows
    Where is the support for setting up the very expensive Xbox series x help? I am stick in...: I have been trying to setup my new Xbox series x. It up dated on the middle of the set up, and is now stuck at the turn on controller and will not go further. Controller just blinking. Can't find...
  9. Hi. I need help with setting up my XR steering wheel

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi. I need help with setting up my XR steering wheel: You see, it has a manual on what to map the buttons to, however it doesnt tell you how to do it on xbox, ps4 or on switch. It also thinks that the gear up/down paddles are extra triggers....
  10. why dont i have a gaming option on settings? pls help (im on my windows 10 pro)

in XBoX Games and Apps
    why dont i have a gaming option on settings? pls help (im on my windows 10 pro): hello everyone pls help me i dont have a gaming option in my windows settings pls help me i am on my windows 10 pro d5181784-1be7-462b-8b90-a5ecabf456ee