Help please, I’m locked out of my Microsoft account even though I have the password

Discus and support Help please, I’m locked out of my Microsoft account even though I have the password in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I’m locked out of my account due to having to send the security code to a phone number I No longer have, the best thing I can do is go through the... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Papermoon-bv, Jul 18, 2023.

1. Papermoon-bv
    Papermoon-bv Guest

Help please, I’m locked out of my Microsoft account even though I have the password

I’m locked out of my account due to having to send the security code to a phone number I No longer have, the best thing I can do is go through the recovery process but pretty much everything is lost besides the Xbox I have, I currently haven’t had Wi-Fi for a year now so I’m unsure if I can even connect my Xbox to Wi-Fi and still be able to play on my account if I’m locked out of Microsoft. I provided as much info as I could except for “Xbox network device ID” since my Xbox is offline and I’m still worried I might get locked out forever. I no longer have anything such as the credit card I used to pay for my Xbox stuff but is it still possible to use other information such as bank statements or etc? Please help I’d be very grateful

:)

Papermoon-bv, Jul 18, 2023
  2. WattyNuela Win User

Hello Papermoon-bv, this is Manuela. I'm an Independent Advisor and community user like you, ready to assist with this.

Not a Microsoft employee.

I'm sorry to hear you lost access to your Microsoft account.

When we lose access to our accounts, the last resource is submitting the Microsoft account recovery form:

https://support.microsoft.com/account-billing/h...

If the form is rejected, the options you have are submitting the form with accurate but slightly different information until it gets accepted.

I know the following comment can be frustrating, however, if the recovery form is not accepted, and you don't want to keep trying, I'm afraid to say that's not possible to recover the account.

Lastly, and as a reminder, please notice that no one at Microsoft can change account details, or send password reset links to you, this is for security policies.
  3. MRxGREEN Win User

Keeps asking to sign in with controller

I am having the same issue. I bought a Windows tablet and put my Microsoft account on there and since then I have been having the same issue. My X1 always asks for my password and to sign in with a controller, even though all my security settings are set
    to not require a password. Please help!
  4. Icyy Oblivion Win User

Locked Account Without a Phone Number

It’s not the password I’m having issues with. I’m having issues with my account getting locked fro security purposes. It wants me to put in a phone number to get a recovery code from the text or voice message. However, I don’t have a phone like, at all.
    I’ve also already tried to reset my password, which did change but I’m still security locked.
  5. LucasGaido Win User

How do can I sign into my Xbox account?

So I’ve tried to contact the Microsoft help desk people but they’re not giving me anything useful other then filling out the verification form as accurately as possible which is what I’m doing. I’ve followed the link you sent and went down the tree to recover my account and even changed my password but afterwords when I go to sign in I’m having the same issue with my console not thinking that I’m me and asking that I fill out the verification form that I keep getting denied.
  6. Jeremy Grey Win User

locked hotmail account

Hello Isak J! My name is Jeremy and I’m happy to help you with your question.

I’m sorry to hear that.

If it is a lock due to too many password login attempts then you will have to wait 24 hours before being able to attempt using your password to login again.

If it has been locked for security please use the link below to sign in and secure your account.

https://support.microsoft.com/help/805e8b0d-4141-29b2-7b65-df6ff6c9ce27

Here are some more helpful links

Unblock or unlock your account
    https://support.microsoft.com/offic...-account-f4ad2701-d166-4d8b-8a6a-9af2a1f8a4c4

Account recovery unsuccessful
    https://support.microsoft.com/accou...ccessful-dc56c3e3-dff0-4ed5-8edb-60290eea6b53

Thank you for reaching out to the community forums and have a good rest of your day.

Regards,
Thema:

1. Help please, I’m locked out of my Microsoft account even though I have the password - Similar Threads - Help please I’m

2. can i please get some help?

in XBoX on Windows
    can i please get some help?: my account was hacked and when i got the account back it was banned so can i please have some help because i really shouldnt be banned for something i didnt do so it would be much appreciated if i...
  3. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  4. I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!

in XboX Insiders
    I can download games but i can’t download apps please help!!: Okay so i have a xbox one s and i haven’t turned it on in a few years, at least until today. I turned it on and updated it and everything was fine, until i tried installing netflix. Before this, i...
  5. Help me with BSoDs please.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help me with BSoDs please.: For the past 4-5 months I have been experiencing very frequent BSoDs which are really frustrating due to the fact that I lose all my progress when working on projects, and they refrain me from...
  6. Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset: Well I was playing my controller died and I plugged in the charger and then I couldn't hear game chat party I could only here party chat when I was look at it like if you were to leave it and I...
  7. Please help I’m so confused with Xbox/Microsoft accounts

in XBoX Accessibility
    Please help I’m so confused with Xbox/Microsoft accounts: Hi all, so I set up last Christmas my 14year old his Xbox series x using my Microsoft log in details and now his Xbox profile thinks he is me and also now I have downloaded the Xbox family app...
  8. I’m trying to log into a old account please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I’m trying to log into a old account please help: I’m trying to log into a old account, but the email i used is already linked to two of my Xbox account and the third one I’m trying to access is also but I don’t know how to get into it out of my...
  9. i’m lost. please help.

in XBoX on Consoles
    i’m lost. please help.: my xbox series X hdmi port won’t work at all, i even tried different cables. so i just did a warranty exchange and my main question is i selected the one for sending my xbox in, how does that work...
  10. I’m having trouble with an achievement not unlocking when it should. Please help.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    I’m having trouble with an achievement not unlocking when it should. Please help.: I have been trying to complete the game Dragon Ball Xenoverse 2. One of the achievements in this game called “I’m Only Gonna Get Stronger!” is refusing to unlock. I have already completed the...