HELP NEEDED! XBOX ONE AUDIO PROBLEM WITH PC MONITOR

Discus and support HELP NEEDED! XBOX ONE AUDIO PROBLEM WITH PC MONITOR in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi, I recently bought a new PC monitor, which doesn't have built in speakers, or a 3.5mm jack port. I have a pair of external speakers which i use... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xHilzeeh, Dec 27, 2014.

1. xHilzeeh
    xHilzeeh Guest

Hi,

I recently bought a new PC monitor, which doesn't have built in speakers, or a 3.5mm jack port.

I have a pair of external speakers which i use with my pc, but i cannot obviously use these with the xbox one, or so it would seem;

So really, I can't get any sound with the xbox one, and i was wondering what i could do to possibly connect these speakers to the xbox? (They simply use a 3.5mm jack)

Thank you!

:)

xHilzeeh, Dec 27, 2014
  2. repelr
    repelr Guest
    Xbox 360 only playing sound through 1 ear bud.

I hooked up my Xbox 360 to my PC monitor with a hdmi to dvi adapter. I am using a audio adapter for my audio but I only get the audio through 1 ear bud when I plug in my ear buds! HELP!!!

repelr, Dec 27, 2014
  3. Question about Computer Speakers

Not exactly they will not work with the Xbox One via the main USB connection used to communicate with the PC. Xbox One isn't a Windows PC so that drivers that enable it to work with a PC or Laptop don't exist for the Xbox One.

They might be able to be made to work if your PC monitor has these things. A HDMI jack and either a 3.5mm stereo audio out or RCA Red and White stereo audio out. If it does then the monitor could decode stereo audio from the HDMI output from the Xbox One
    and then you would need a 3.5mm Male to Male stereo cable or a RCA Red and White Male to 3.5mm Male cable to plug the monitor output into the stereo input for auxiliary audio devices on the control pod.

Smiling Cat-FAB725BA-E75F-400C-9250-ECD9955C9C75, Dec 27, 2014
  4. Paraffin Alien Win User

Audio

PC monitors do not have audio. You would need to use a separate audio system to plug your One into.
  5. Smiling Cat-FAB725BA Win User

Question about Computer Speakers

Not exactly they will not work with the Xbox One via the main USB connection used to communicate with the PC. Xbox One isn't a Windows PC so that drivers that enable it to work with a PC or Laptop don't exist for the Xbox One.

They might be able to be made to work if your PC monitor has these things. A HDMI jack and either a 3.5mm stereo audio out or RCA Red and White stereo audio out. If it does then the monitor could decode stereo audio from the HDMI output from the Xbox One
    and then you would need a 3.5mm Male to Male stereo cable or a RCA Red and White Male to 3.5mm Male cable to plug the monitor output into the stereo input for auxiliary audio devices on the control pod.
  6. Revocke Win User

Is it possible to use dual monitors with an xbox one x

Hi!

The Xbox doesn't support dual monitors setup. For this case you will need a PC connected on one monitor, and Xbox on second monitor.

Hope this helps!
  7. NaZoooom Win User

Connecting Speakers to Xbox One S

Hi MarkGammon,

Some monitors have a 3.5mm headphone/speaker jack. So for a cleaner solution, you could use that especially if you have other devices (PC, Pi, etc) connected. Worth checking if you monitor has a 3.5mm jack as it will widen your speaker options.

I need a monitor for a Pi and realised theres 1440p/120hz support for the Xbox One S and looked into the question you asked but not sure what the audio quality would be like setting it up using the 3.5mm audio port on monitor (if available). I’m assuming
    it will be fine as I am guessing audio is processed at device level and just passed through the monitor.

Hope this helps :)
  8. ngocphi Win User

xbox 360 hdmi-input

You would typically run an audio cable from the xbox to pc

Becuse monitors dont carry sound thru hdmi and yes I rrunned into this problem with monitors

So optical out would be your best bet
Thema:

1. HELP NEEDED! XBOX ONE AUDIO PROBLEM WITH PC MONITOR - Similar Threads - HELP NEEDED AUDIO

2. Need mic / audio help! My mic connects, and I can hear game / party.

in XboX Insiders
    Need mic / audio help! My mic connects, and I can hear game / party.: However, I cannot speak, any help is massively appreciated. (Series S, hyper X mic if that’s of any help) submitted by /u/Accomplished_Cook508 [link] [comments]
  3. Need help with dolby digital audio

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with dolby digital audio: I bought a Xbox series S yesterday and I’m running into issues getting the audio to work. I use a Lovesac Stealthtech via e-ARC on my LG C2 tv. However I’m not getting any audio options other than...
  4. Need help combining Xbox and pc audio into one headset.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help combining Xbox and pc audio into one headset.: I have a series x, astro a40s, and a windows 10pc, everything is up to date. I am trying to get game sound from my Xbox and sound from my pc at the same time. So I can play a game and have YouTube...
  5. I need help figuring out how to get audio output.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I need help figuring out how to get audio output.: I have not been able to talk to anyone in a party for over a year now. I can hear them, but they can’t hear me. This started when I had my old Xbox One and old headset. I thought that maybe it was...
  6. I need help solving my audio issue

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help solving my audio issue: My Xbox will play effect and music audio just fine, but voices come out muffled or completely missing. I believe it's a problem with the channels, but turning on mono audio just shuts off the...
  7. Need help with console stream audio... https://youtu.be/lnSdKtbnscs

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with console stream audio... https://youtu.be/lnSdKtbnscs: [IMG] submitted by /u/ajsGamingtv [link] [comments]
  8. Need help turning off sending game audio through an Xbox party

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help turning off sending game audio through an Xbox party: So I have a few friends that own an Xbox. I don't have an Xbox, but I do have a gaming PC, so I use Xbox Game Bar and often get into voice chats with them. I use a headset with a mic, so there...
  9. 3D Audio Headset Help, what technology does a Headset need in order to fully support Xbox...

in XboX Insiders
    3D Audio Headset Help, what technology does a Headset need in order to fully support Xbox...: So I'm looking at getting a new headset for my Xbox Series X. What I'm having a hard time figuring out is exactly what type of technology the headset I get needs in order to support the new 3D...
  10. Headset's directional audio is reversed. NEED HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset's directional audio is reversed. NEED HELP: Most noticeably playing call of duty modern warfare the directional audio from my headset is reversed, which forces me to wear the headset backwards. When its on backwards it sounds correct. I...