Help needed. Split screen multiplayer problem, asks current player to join!

Discus and support Help needed. Split screen multiplayer problem, asks current player to join! in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; thanks for taking the time to read this. when playing split screen multiplayer with 2 or 3 players every so often one player will get the "push menu... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by KBoo77, Dec 30, 2014.

1. KBoo77
    KBoo77 Guest

thanks for taking the time to read this.

when playing split screen multiplayer with 2 or 3 players every so often one player will get the "push menu button to join game" box. it then gets into a loop of the player pushing the menu button as it says, and then as soon as they try to carry on playing
    the "push menu button" prompt box comes up again!

tried switching off and on controller. Signing out and in player. only thimg that "works" is to shut the game down, reload it from xb1 main screen.

any ideas as to why this is happening and how to stop it, or at least reconnect the player without restarting the game?

any help is much appreciated.

also, I'm happy to join anyone looking for new minecrafters!

:)

KBoo77, Dec 30, 2014
  2. EggsBoxJuan
    EggsBoxJuan Guest
    2 players

Xbox 360 Edition

-

The game features split-screen functionality,
    however an HDTV with a Component or HDMI cable is required for Split-Screen play. Split-screen functionality works with a VGA connection to a PC monitor as well as HDMI-to-DVI cables to a PC monitor. Up to 4 players can play in split
    screen*, as well as the possibility to play 8-person online multiplayer game modes in split-screen.

-

If you're not using an HDTV with the correct connection you won't get the split screen to work, once you have the display connection set up it should be as simple as pressing start on the second controller to join the current game.

EggsBoxJuan, Dec 30, 2014
  3. Cannot play minecraft on multiplayer setting.

There's a problem the same problem but a little different. It won't let me play multiplayer online split screen is fine though,I do have gold, everything is up to date and another thing, it won't let me join parties.what's wrong??

urmomsmellsgood, Dec 30, 2014
  4. Help needed. Split screen multiplayer problem, asks current player to join!

That's an unusual error. Try hard-resetting your console and/or uninstalling and re-installing the game download.

Zesty Hamburger, Dec 31, 2014
  5. CaptainMDunn
    CaptainMDunn Guest
    Just got the game tonight for the kids. Ours is doing the same thing. We only own two remotes and it has a constant flashing grey box across the split screen showing the 3rd controller flashing and asking to press menu to join. Anybody found a solution to
    this? Very annoying!!

CaptainMDunn, Nov 1, 2018
  6. Zesty Hamburger Win User

That's an unusual error. Try hard-resetting your console and/or uninstalling and re-installing the game download.
  7. CaptainMDunn Win User

Just got the game tonight for the kids. Ours is doing the same thing. We only own two remotes and it has a constant flashing grey box across the split screen showing the 3rd controller flashing and asking to press menu to join. Anybody found a solution to
    this? Very annoying!!
  8. Tuscani Terror Win User

Mindcraft-How to do Multi-players

Hello DancNanny47. Yes, Minecraft does, in fact, support multiplayer. You can play split-screen at home with 2 players, or join online multiplayer (which supports up to 8 players). Once you have downloaded the game and started it, choose "play game" on
    the menu. After that, simply choose multiplayer and and join. Also, a quick note, if you want to play two players on the same Xbox, you will need an HDTV. Hope that helps.
  9. EggsBoxJuan Win User

2 players

http://www.minecraftwiki.net/wiki/Xbox_360_Edition

-

The game features split-screen functionality,
    however an HDTV with a Component or HDMI cable is required for Split-Screen play. Split-screen functionality works with a VGA connection to a PC monitor as well as HDMI-to-DVI cables to a PC monitor. Up to 4 players can play in split
    screen*, as well as the possibility to play 8-person online multiplayer game modes in split-screen.

-

If you're not using an HDTV with the correct connection you won't get the split screen to work, once you have the display connection set up it should be as simple as pressing start on the second controller to join the current game.
  10. Cloud Gear 13 Win User

New XBOX owner

Well, if the game in question has local multiplayer then you can play it and you can play by split screen in some cases, the second player don't need an account only if the game is local just join and that's it and does not required monthly subscription
    in this case.
Thema:

1. Help needed. Split screen multiplayer problem, asks current player to join! - Similar Threads - Help needed Split

2. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  3. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  4. I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with ssd in xbox, 400gb of space dissappears: So i have an 960gb ssd , xbox formats it and leaves about 400gb unallocated, i cant really play alot of games with 365gb of storage for games. What do i do, if i assign the unallocated space in my...
  5. I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.

in XboX Insiders
    I need help with Xbox cloud gaming.: So I have been playing fallout 76 with my friends in my Xbox series s. One of them was playing with Xbox cloud gaming on his laptop that had an rtx 3060. He told me it wasn’t laggy at all. Today I...
  6. I need help signing in minecraft on PlayStation

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help signing in minecraft on PlayStation: I have gone on Minecraft then went to sign in Microsoft Account then scannedthe QR code and did my details then i verified and then its said you are safe the close this window.I go on my Ps4 then...
  7. Need help with a Japanese Xbox 360

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with a Japanese Xbox 360: Hey, so I bought a Japanese region Xbox 360 and I can't get it to connect to my wifi. When I try it says it can't connect to my router/network. Also when it detects my network it sees it but says...
  8. Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console...: Hey I need some help with my xbox 360 controller, because it won't synk into the console and a minute before that it let me synk my other controller f32a4156-18fe-44c4-8f69-1ca1f5d06696
  9. Need help on download speeds ASAP! D:

in XBoX on Consoles
    Need help on download speeds ASAP! D:: So recently I've freshly installed windows 10 on my pc, everything looked normal until I installed steam and it was updating but then steam had a fatal error saying that it needs internet to...
  10. Family gold split and messed up, need help fixing.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Family gold split and messed up, need help fixing.: I had a family gold package that was separated into individual packages. My son's accounts have been made adult even though they are 12 and 10. I don't want to buy individual gold memberships...