Help needed as Son cant accsess gold subscriptions

Discus and support Help needed as Son cant accsess gold subscriptions in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I have recently bought my son an xbox one for his room so that he has his own and trying to set it up so that he can use my subscriptions such as gold... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by danielpattinson, Dec 25, 2019.

1. Help needed as Son cant accsess gold subscriptions

I have recently bought my son an xbox one for his room so that he has his own and trying to set it up so that he can use my subscriptions such as gold and EA acsess but share my games too.

I have signed in on my sons xbox using my account that has the gold etc and made my sons xbox my Home xbox to allow the sharing facility.

My son is set up as part of my xbox family and I have changed the security settings from "child" to "teen"

My Son can acsess all my games installed on my own box as they show available to install so that seems to work and a simple check on fortnite shows that he can play online using his own account

Where the problem lies is that he cant get accsess to the EA acsess app to download games as part of my subscription and he cant download the games for gold games for free ?

i swap over to my account on his xbox and works fine with me but when i go back to my sons account he doesnt appear to have the shared accsess to these?

Am i right in thinking that these can be shared or is it just installed games and online multiplayer that can be shared?

Any help would be appreciated

:)

danielpattinson, Dec 25, 2019
  2. Skyrider Y Win User

If your account (or the account which has gold) has the "set as main console" active, everyone who plays on the console should have access to every content which you buy including subscriptions.
  3. Viper7Gamer Win User

You cannot share all things with EA Access.

You cannot share Early Access trials and discounts.

You cannot use the EA Access app unless your Xbox account is subscribed.

You can share any EA games from the vault that you have installed with your profile.

You can share any EA games you purchased.

You can share Xbox One Games with Gold that you have installed with your profile.

You can share any purchased games and most DLC.

You can share online multiplayer benefits.

You can share any Game Pass game.
  4. Kalmarn Win User

I have this setup with my nephew and he can access all my gold and game pass games with his account. Not sure about EA as I don't have that, but guess it should be the same.

I think I had to "purchase" the free gold games but then he could download them
  5. mitcherickson Win User

Online multiplayer

I also have a gold live subscription. Do I need to get my son a gold subscription too , or can we do it with just my gold subscription?
  6. JohnTheBot Win User

New XBOX Live Membership

You either need to setup family gold and buy a family gold subscription, or just buy your son another subscription of his own.
Thema:

1. Help needed as Son cant accsess gold subscriptions - Similar Threads - Help needed Son

2. I need help with recovering my son password

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help with recovering my son password: I need assistance. We bought our son a new xbox when putting in his email he forgot his password. Please assist me as I tried everything possible f2496e23-9c01-49b9-a747-67891eb08e1d
  3. Need help with managing time limit for my son whose gamertag is use my email address

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help with managing time limit for my son whose gamertag is use my email address: My email address as a parent ( Orginizer) , is associated with my son gamertag. This is an issue , since I can not control time limit for him under this gamer tag. I need help changing / replacing...
  4. Son needs help transferring games from Xbox One to Series s

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Son needs help transferring games from Xbox One to Series s: My son is having a couple of issues transferring Dying Light & Battlefield 2042 from Xbox One to Series S. Most of his existing library has successfuly migrated via network transfer, but with...
  5. Help needed. Son's xbox was using his brothers email address which he's stopped access to.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Help needed. Son's xbox was using his brothers email address which he's stopped access to.: My friend's young son set up his xbox account using his older bothers email address. Since the account was created there's been £600+ worth of games purchased on there. To cut a long story short,...
  6. Need help with settings so my son can join friends.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Need help with settings so my son can join friends.: I set an account up for my son, he is unable to send friend request as being told need to go to family settings for adult to give permission. I set the account up and the adult therefore what am I...
  7. HELP Son DIED, I need to cancel his xbox account/subscription. I'm still being charged. -...

in XBoX on Consoles
    HELP Son DIED, I need to cancel his xbox account/subscription. I'm still being charged. -...: My son's xbox subscription is being charged to my checking account. He died last month. I can not access his xbox. I need to cancel this subscription. and stop these continued chaHELP....
  8. Need help on xbox accessible controllers and configuration for disabled son

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help on xbox accessible controllers and configuration for disabled son: just read about Xbox Adaptive Controllr and think it'd be great for my disabled son. But i know nothing about customizing/configuring for his use. Is there any tips on how to get help?...
  9. Need help with game - says my son needs an xbox hard drive to play game

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Need help with game - says my son needs an xbox hard drive to play game: Ok my son bought titan fall 2nd hand recently and was wanting to play it yesterday Got the Xbox live membership to play it all fine Get's to a point where it says "you need an Xbox hard drive to...
  10. I need help!! Fixing for my son!

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need help!! Fixing for my son!: I am needing some help! I have tried everything to fix this problem but nothing is helping! We have had an issue with this Xbox since we bought it 2 years ago but i was thinking it was the...