Help, my Xbox won’t allow me to find a friend.

Discus and support Help, my Xbox won’t allow me to find a friend. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; hey, I’ve been trying to add a friend on his Xbox & it’s saying ”check gamertag and try again” & saying the same thing when he tries to add me. Can... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by xHaley03x, Aug 22, 2018.

1. xHaley03x
    xHaley03x Guest

hey, I’ve been trying to add a friend on his Xbox & it’s saying ”check gamertag and try again” & saying the same thing when he tries to add me. Can someone tell me why it’s doing that & how I can add him. Tia

:)

xHaley03x, Aug 22, 2018
  2. ThePurpHayes
    ThePurpHayes Guest
    Xbox Live Won’t Allow Me To Unmute Friend

My Xbox live won’t allow me to unmute my friend. I have tried doing it in the chat as well as going to their profile and unmuting. For some reason it won’t complete the conversion. Is there something I can do or will their be an update soon to fix this error?

ThePurpHayes, Aug 22, 2018
  3. Tycraft1
    Tycraft1 Guest
    Child added as family, cannot add friends

I have created Microsoft accounts for both myself and my child. We are using iPads and have added the minecraft Microsoft app. When I try to add friends on her profile it won’t allow me. It says I have to change the permission. I have changed the permissions
    in both Microsoft and Xbox now, signed out and back in and it still won’t allow us to add each other.

Tycraft1, Aug 22, 2018
  4. Help, my Xbox won’t allow me to find a friend.

I would recommend reviewing your settings for Privacy and Online Saftey. This link will provide details on how to get to those settings either on Xbox One console or Xbox.com: Xbox One online safety and privacy settings

There are specific options for allowing the addition of friends and other privacy settings that might be preventing you from adding someone.

If your settings are set properly and you're still experiencing issues, I'd recommend to try adding the friend through other means, such as Xbox.com, the Xbox app on Android, Windows 10, or iOS.

PalmettoBling, Aug 22, 2018
  5. PalmettoBling Win User

I would recommend reviewing your settings for Privacy and Online Saftey. This link will provide details on how to get to those settings either on Xbox One console or Xbox.com: https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/xbox-one-privacy-and-online-safety

There are specific options for allowing the addition of friends and other privacy settings that might be preventing you from adding someone.

If your settings are set properly and you're still experiencing issues, I'd recommend to try adding the friend through other means, such as Xbox.com, the Xbox app on Android, Windows 10, or iOS.
  6. ShawnJohnson602 Win User

No split screen prompts on modern warfare

My friends are able to on there Xbox still it won’t even allow for it offline
  7. Chipbaggie5147 Win User

Help with mincraft

I’m on my Xbox. It won’t let me do multiplayer do to my “online safety settings” I followed the website that it gives me ( aka

Ms/MCMultiplayerhelp) i then changed everything to allow. And it still won’t work
  8. m1ke237 Win User

Stop people from sending me friend requests.

Update your Privacy settings on your account. You can restrict search and contact settings to allow only friends to send messages or share videos, and to only let others find your channel on YouTube if they have your email address. Of course, if you are
    trying to increase viewership you won’t want to do this, and it won’t block friend requests, but it will prevent other spam messages being sent through YouTube.
  9. Picckolas1 Win User

I am trying to play mycareer on NBA 2K23 but it says I need to change a setting for my child account, however I am unsure which setting I need to change.

I have changed all of my setting to “allow” and “everyone” however it still won’t allow me to play MyCareer.
Thema:

1. Help, my Xbox won’t allow me to find a friend. - Similar Threads - Help won’t allow

2. Help I’m being follow botted and it won’t stop

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Help I’m being follow botted and it won’t stop: I’m being follow noted after a game of r6 and it won’t stop. I put all the child safety locks on but it doesn’t stop people from following me. Will I get banned? 4f5ef47c-5f6f-4405-9336-27e1107670b6
  3. My nba 2K24 won’t work I need it to work badly please help.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    My nba 2K24 won’t work I need it to work badly please help.: I have a disc game for nba 2K24 for my Xbox one there was no problems yes I made sure it was the right version.But it wouldn’t pop up on the installation. I did research that said I needed a...
  4. Help with Xbox series s that won’t do the initial update

in XboX Insiders
    Help with Xbox series s that won’t do the initial update: Got a new Xbox series s and when I go to do the first update it has me do the update will not go through and stays at 1% it is a 1.4 Gb update submitted by /u/Viper6851 [link] [comments]
  5. Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won’t my Xbox Series X detect WiFi wirelessly? Factory reset didn’t help nor did any...: Xbox series X struggles to connect with a wired network. It often disconnects with a wired network and it WILL NOT detect ANY wireless networks. Even took it to my brother’s house and it still had...
  6. How can I recover my account Xbox support won’t help

in XBoX Accessibility
    How can I recover my account Xbox support won’t help: I updated my console but couldn’t login and I cancelled my gold live because I couldn’t login now I can’t recover my account to possibly reactivate the gold 1a46c657-50cf-4df8-a949-079a488c95f2
  7. Why won’t nba 2K 24 load? It keeps freezing. I have plenty of space. Please help!

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why won’t nba 2K 24 load? It keeps freezing. I have plenty of space. Please help!: Why won’t nba 2k24 load? It keeps freezing. I have plenty of space. Please help!! 1b6c94db-771d-40cd-bfca-9902715f46a5
  8. Can someone help tell me why avatar two 4K Blu-ray this won’t read on my Xbox series X

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Can someone help tell me why avatar two 4K Blu-ray this won’t read on my Xbox series X: I bought this 4K movie to watch on my Xbox but it will not read the movie so I’ve taking it back and got a new one two different times and it still won’t read the disc but it reads all other disc...
  9. I am confused. Help. My Xbox won’t let me download red dead 2.

in XboX Insiders
    I am confused. Help. My Xbox won’t let me download red dead 2.: I was trying to download rdr2 on my Xbox series s and every time I try to download/buy it, the same message comes up reading “Oops. Not sure what happened there. Please try again later.” With the...
  10. Hi My Skyrim won’t load and I think it’s the mods I need help please

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi My Skyrim won’t load and I think it’s the mods I need help please: So I was moving around and deleting some mods on xcloud when my Skyrim crashed and then when I tried to load it back it would crash. any tips? 6979f2f2-a52f-41f5-965c-1ca40eb29e30