HELP! My XBOX shuts down every time we try to play a game - power button resets don't work....

Discus and support HELP! My XBOX shuts down every time we try to play a game - power button resets don't work.... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Help! My XBOX shuts down every time we try and play a game. We have tried clearing RAM with power button based solutions and no luck. Also did a... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by HomelikeBard749, Mar 9, 2017.

1. HELP! My XBOX shuts down every time we try to play a game - power button resets don't work....

Help! My XBOX shuts down every time we try and play a game. We have tried clearing RAM with power button based solutions and no luck. Also did a complete factory restart of the system which did not help.

My kids are very keen to get this working again. What can I do to fix it?

Would very much appreciate a quick response....

:)

HomelikeBard749, Mar 9, 2017
  2. ClNTRoN
    ClNTRoN Guest
    Severely slow menu selection

Try a hard reset.

Hold the power button down until the Xbox One completely shuts off. Then turn it back on.

ClNTRoN, Mar 9, 2017
  3. My Xbox One keeps shutting down after a minute or two of trying to play a game on my account, how do I fix this??

My Xbox shuts down every time I try to play a game, ive tried the power cycle, I've tried deleting my profile. None of it works. I just got this console and this is very frustrating. Please help!

TheRedNinja25, Mar 9, 2017
  4. Mister Cizl
    Mister Cizl Guest

HELP! My XBOX shuts down every time we try to play a game - power button resets don't work....

Hey HomelikeBard749! Is the console in an entertainment center or other small area? Overheating can cause this sometimes because the console works a little harder when starting a game. Additionally check out the steps

here
    and see if they help out at all. Post back and let me know how it goes!

--------------------------------------

Xbox Forums Staff

Be sure to check out the Xbox Forum Guidelines for the Do's and Don'ts as well as the Xbox Insider
    Program Forums
    for help with Xbox Insider Program troubleshooting.

Mister Cizl, Mar 10, 2017
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: