Help me get this straight...

Discus and support Help me get this straight... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; One of my friends messaged me to let me know I had 99 followers and I don't have an x1 either. But who my followers are is a mystery and it must be... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Goth Vampirella, Jan 10, 2014.

  1. Help me get this straight...


    One of my friends messaged me to let me know I had 99 followers and I don't have an x1 either. But who my followers are is a mystery and it must be boring for them because I havent turned on my 360 in 2-3 weeks. lol

    .

    From Mashable: "Following someone lets you view her game and app activity, achievements and any uploaded videos. If you follow each other, the game considers you friends. You can also opt out of letting new users follow you.

    .

    Add friends to a favorites list, which will show up under a separate tab — the activity on your favorites list will rise to the top. Hryb said this is a great feature "if you have a core group of friends you play with all the time."

    .

    You can also snap their activity feed to the right side of the screen to follow friends' activity while playing a game or watching TV — and then join your friends in-game."
     
    BizarroMantis, Jan 10, 2014
    #16
  2. [quote user="Hellfire IRL"]

    So here's your answer... If enough people ask or complain about something it will get changed.

    [/quote]

    I'm giving you a +2 for that. Help me get this straight... :)
     
    Goth Vampirella, Jan 10, 2014
    #17
  3. [quote user="BizarroMantis"]

    You can also opt out of letting new users follow you.

    [/quote]

    Well that added another question to my post. If there's a way to turn off the fact that people follow me, I haven't found it. Help me get this straight... :) I'd like to know how. lol
     
    Goth Vampirella, Jan 10, 2014
    #18
  4. DEACON
    DEACON Guest

    Help me get this straight...

    here's how it works .. which may or may not work favorably for you depending on your tastes lol.

    .

    .

    your existing friends from Xbox 360 will be listed as your follower on Xbox One as well as your friend. this is why some of you without an Xbox One can see on SmartGlass that you have followers .. well because your friends ARE your followers too.

    .

    .

    anyone who follows you can do so unless you've opted out of getting new followers. when they follow you, you don't get notified. not even if they send a friend request from the Xbox 360. there are absolutely zero social notificatoins on the Xbox One which
    i find extremely puzzling.

    .

    .

    "supposedly, your new followers will always be listed first. so when you go to your profile and see the "New" flashing, the first entries are your new followers. i haven't verified this though. this is just what i heard in regards to identifying who is
    new.

    .

    .

    i don't know of any difference between what a friend can see versus what a follower can see. what i've heard is that followers aren't supposed to be able to see real time updates and you're supposed to be able to decide what a follower sees. you do that
    through the Privacy Setting on your My Profile tab.
     
    DEACON, Jan 10, 2014
    #19
  5. catigerman72
    catigerman72 Guest
    The way it works is a bit cumbersome. When you "add a friend", which used to send a request, it now just adds them to your friends list, and adds you to their followers list. In order for you to be on their friends list they have to go into their follwers
    list, and click on "add as friend". Their are quite a few friends Ive added from threads on the forums for various games, that dont know this because Im still just following them, they have not added as a friend.
     
    catigerman72, Jan 10, 2014
    #20
  6. catigerman72
    catigerman72 Guest
    @vDeacon One thing that happens if you are only following, and they never add you back, is in games with "rivals", they will never show up in your game as a rival. You will show up in theirs, but until they go through their followers list and add you back,
    you wont show up in theirs.
     
    catigerman72, Jan 10, 2014
    #21
  7. DEACON
    DEACON Guest
    thanks CAT. we just need some specific dialogue about how it works. that'd be nice. too many questions.
     
    DEACON, Jan 10, 2014
    #22
  8. Help me get this straight...

    I think they should make 3 categories. Friends, followers and following. IMO, if I send someone a FR and they haven't accepted me as a friend then they really shouldn't be in my friends list, which they are ATM.
     
    Mogwai Warrior, Jan 10, 2014
    #23
  9. voteDC
    voteDC Guest
    [quote user="vDEACON"]your existing friends from Xbox 360 will be listed as your follower on Xbox One as well as your friend. this is why some of you without an Xbox One can see on SmartGlass that you have followers .. well because your friends ARE your
    followers too.[/quote]I have more followers than I do friends according to Smartglass.
     
    voteDC, Jan 10, 2014
    #24
  10. DEACON
    DEACON Guest
    well looks like you have a few more people following you than you have as friends.
     
    DEACON, Jan 10, 2014
    #25
  11. catigerman72
    catigerman72 Guest
    @voteDC, that means people have added you but you have not added them back, which means you will not show up as "rivals" in their games.
     
    catigerman72, Jan 10, 2014
    #26
  12. [quote user="vDEACON"]

    there are absolutely zero social notificatoins on the Xbox One which i find extremely puzzling.

    [/quote]

    ^ This. The only thing I can guess is now that we can have 1000 friends, there would be the potential for so many notifications I don't want to even think about it. lol Thanks for the post. I (think) I'm understanding
    some of it now, although I can't say it all makes sense. lol
     
    Goth Vampirella, Jan 10, 2014
    #27
  13. Azrael008uk
    Azrael008uk Guest

    Help me get this straight...

    [quote user="Goth Vampirella"]

    [quote user=""]

    Yes.

    [/quote]

    Well that clears it all up for me. Thanks! lol

    [/quote]



    You explained it very well.



    Someone sends you a friend request and they become a "Follower".



    You add them back... you're friends.
     
    Azrael008uk, Jan 10, 2014
    #28
  14. @Azrael, true, but the bad thing is if you send someone a FR they will show up on your friends list whether they have accepted it or not. That to me makes zero sense.
     
    Mogwai Warrior, Jan 10, 2014
    #29
  15. [quote user="Azrael008uk"]

    [quote user=""]

    [quote user="Azrael008uk"]

    Yes.

    [/quote]

    Well that clears it all up for me. Thanks! lol

    [/quote]



    You explained it very well.



    Someone sends you a friend request and they become a "Follower".



    You add them back... you're friends.

    [/quote]

    Well then that would probably be the 1st thing I've said on these forums that makes sense I'm thinking some people would say. lol Thanks again.
     
    Goth Vampirella, Jan 10, 2014
    #30
Thema:

Help me get this straight...

Loading...
  1. Help me get this straight... - Similar Threads - Help straight

  2. Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to

    in XboX Insiders
    Bought a used Xbox enrolled in Insider - Need staff help to: Hello Xbox Insider Team, I bought a used Xbox console that is enrolled in the Xbox Insider Program under a previous account I cannot access. Since my Reddit account is new and I cannot send DMs,...
  3. Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!

    in XboX Insiders
    Please help! I lost my cloud save files for 50 or so games!: I downloaded Tomb Raider and the Curse of Osiris today to get a Mythic, suddenly the console stopped opening the game giving me an error code, I tried troubleshooting as always, nothing worked,...
  4. Trouble With Disc to Digital: Any Help is Appreciated

    in XboX Insiders
    Trouble With Disc to Digital: Any Help is Appreciated: I heard about the Disk to Digital update on Xbox and joined the Xbox Insider program not too long ago. I've been trying to get my Xbox games to cross over from my Xbox One S to my Xbox Series S....
  5. Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27

    in XboX Insiders
    Pls help me with the disc to digital features for 2k27: I bought 2k27 on disc and I’m trying to get myself the licensing for the game on my account but it won’t let me pls help me I have Xbox insiders for about 3 days now Any suggestions will help...
  6. Disc to digital Problem! Need help

    in XboX Insiders
    Disc to digital Problem! Need help: I need help with Disc to Digital. I have a 2013 Xbox One, and upgraded to a Xbox series s. I have a Monster hunter world Disc for Xbox one. I want to get it onto my new xbox. I have no clue about...
  7. Need help accessing disc to digital!

    in XboX Insiders
    Need help accessing disc to digital!: hey there, Xbox Insider Subreddit! I’m an Xbox Insider in the Omega ring and have been enrolled for approximately 4 weeks. My Original Xbox One is currently running xb_flt_2608ge.260805-2200. I’m...
  8. Minecraft straight up deleated my copy of my world, deleting 10+ hours of progress please help.

    in XBoX Games and Apps
    Minecraft straight up deleated my copy of my world, deleting 10+ hours of progress please help.: My minecraft world got deleted. Edit: it actually deleted 37 worlds 6104a5b6-f1bb-4ea1-b30f-acff0722f6f8
  9. [HELP] When I turn on my Xbox One S it goes straight to a black screen

    in XBoX on Consoles
    [HELP] When I turn on my Xbox One S it goes straight to a black screen: When I turn on my Xbox One S it goes to a blank black screen, no green start up. I've tried to do the troubleshooting thing,(where you turn off the console completely hold the sync button and...
  10. I have went from having 11 years good rep to jumping straight to avoid me ! Is there any help ...

    in XBoX on Consoles
    I have went from having 11 years good rep to jumping straight to avoid me ! Is there any help ...: I have xbox 11 years with perfect rep and no all of a sudden i am on avoid me !! Can someone please help !!!!! 8f7218ae-9105-4d13-a80f-ffd6de38d5f4