Help me drag media player into the current century

Discus and support Help me drag media player into the current century in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; So Microsoft developed this media player that can play an army of different files. Do we really need to discuss the kind of people who would have need... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by VAN1LLA G0R1LLA, Oct 10, 2016.

1. Help me drag media player into the current century

So Microsoft developed this media player that can play an army of different files. Do we really need to discuss the kind of people who would have need of all these file types. Ok lets just say a person with a lot of files. So Im here with a multi terabyte
    drive filled to the brink with video files. They are obviously named from a to z. Do i seriously need to slowly scroll 8 at a time with the rb button. When will there be a search bar for me to access them. When will I be able to ad tags to them. Like an actors
    or directors name if I only want to see files by them. Or see action movies made in the 90s or horror films from the 80s. Please if you agree keep this post relavent.

:)

VAN1LLA G0R1LLA, Oct 10, 2016
  2. Can I import iTunes playlists into Xbox Music?

You can try to drag your itunes playlists onto a usb, and then plug the usb into the Xbox One and use the media player app to play it

SonicRacer7254, Oct 10, 2016
  3. Play to feature in Xbox video app stops working after around 30 minutes

Same problem here. Exactly as you described it.

My current workaround is to leave the "Play To - XboxOne" window minimized after playing something to it. Then just drag and drop compatible video files into the window. Even though your system will say the XboxOne somehow no longer exists, if you have
    that window up and drag video files into it, it will continue to work.

But it would be much nicer if the problem didn't occur in the first place. Help me drag media player into the current century ;)

ChristopherBrau, Oct 10, 2016
  4. Help me drag media player into the current century

Oh yeah while Im at it. I should also be able to rename delete etc files from my drive without having to disconnect it from my Xbox. And like most people. I do all my downloading from a public network. These days I use my phone cause it works just as good
    as my laptop without the need to drag that clunky device to a public network like work. A phone is much more incognito you know. So when will I be able to hook my phone into my Xbox and transfer files to my hard drive. Cause all this disconnecting reconnecting
    *** is bound to put wear and tear on my phone, hard drive and Xbox ports.

Thank you

A loyal customer

VAN1LLA G0R1LLA, Oct 10, 2016
  5. Red264
    Red264 Guest
    Xbox Feedback site has entries covering this, that would be the better place to vote on issue or submit new ideas too.

The media player in Xbox is very basic, it's essentially a port of Windows Media Player in Win10, no active work is being done on either of those.

The best option is third party apps on Xbox, VLC is now available and it's a better media player then the built in one but it doesn't have the more advanced UI your looking for. The only real candidates in this area are Kodi (formally XBMC) and it's app
    store friendly off shoot MrMC but neither of those are coming to Xbox anytime soon (Kodi no way & MrMC has a remote chance).

You should be using an Emby or Plex media server system for the kind of UI and metadata features your after but that requires a PC or NAS running those, your USB HDD is no use plugged into Xbox, must be plugged into the system running the server, then get
    the Plex app from the store.

Red264, Nov 2, 2018
  6. Red264 Win User

Xbox Feedback site has entries covering this, that would be the better place to vote on issue or submit new ideas too.

The media player in Xbox is very basic, it's essentially a port of Windows Media Player in Win10, no active work is being done on either of those.

The best option is third party apps on Xbox, VLC is now available and it's a better media player then the built in one but it doesn't have the more advanced UI your looking for. The only real candidates in this area are Kodi (formally XBMC) and it's app
    store friendly off shoot MrMC but neither of those are coming to Xbox anytime soon (Kodi no way & MrMC has a remote chance).

You should be using an Emby or Plex media server system for the kind of UI and metadata features your after but that requires a PC or NAS running those, your USB HDD is no use plugged into Xbox, must be plugged into the system running the server, then get
    the Plex app from the store.
  7. VAN1LLA G0R1LLA Win User

Oh yeah while Im at it. I should also be able to rename delete etc files from my drive without having to disconnect it from my Xbox. And like most people. I do all my downloading from a public network. These days I use my phone cause it works just as good
    as my laptop without the need to drag that clunky device to a public network like work. A phone is much more incognito you know. So when will I be able to hook my phone into my Xbox and transfer files to my hard drive. Cause all this disconnecting reconnecting
    *** is bound to put wear and tear on my phone, hard drive and Xbox ports.

Thank you

A loyal customer
  8. SonicRacer7254 Win User

Can I import iTunes playlists into Xbox Music?

You can try to drag your itunes playlists onto a usb, and then plug the usb into the Xbox One and use the media player app to play it
  9. KENEIS Win User

Windows Media Center ?!

I do not come the media center or media player and I can not download, help me give me the link
  10. Akradon Win User

Are you flippin' kidding me! *End game spoiler*

Player: Die you Evil Drag...

Courier: WAIT!!!

Player: What? What is so important?

Courier: You have a letter of high importance

Player: Well what does it say??

Courier: Remember to kill the dragon today

**Dragon is currently flying away**

Player: FUUUUUUUUUUUU
Thema:

1. Help me drag media player into the current century - Similar Threads - Help drag media

2. can i please get some help?

in XBoX on Windows
    can i please get some help?: my account was hacked and when i got the account back it was banned so can i please have some help because i really shouldnt be banned for something i didnt do so it would be much appreciated if i...
  3. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  4. Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???: A while ago my Xbox one would keep giving me error screens and the error said it was due to update. I've tried downloading the update offline but before the download can finish the console shuts...
  5. Help me, i dont know how solve this problem

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, i dont know how solve this problem: I recently changed my Xbox and was able to play the games smoothly, however I have a Minecraft world that I'm trying to play and a message appears saying "Your other Xbox console is taking a long...
  6. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  7. Can anybody help me with this issue?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anybody help me with this issue?: Couple months ago i went to nyc to meet some family members their children had an Xbox so I logged on on my account. Everything was fine but they started kicking me off games so they can play I...
  8. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  9. Help with Android cloud gaming with SteelSeries Stratus XL controller

in XboX Insiders
    Help with Android cloud gaming with SteelSeries Stratus XL controller: Hoping it's not my phone's fault not being good enought but there's a bit of controller input lag that's enough to make it not worth playing but besides my phone I also am using the old Steel...
  10. Drag racing setup help 02 camaro.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Drag racing setup help 02 camaro.: 0-60 2.9 seconds 0-100 4.9 seconds 14/9 seconds I have 2 I been messing with ones 410 other is 342 any advice why my 98 camaro ls1 can run a 13.42 on automatic 273's in real life but in the game...