Help: Important question re the Xbox One X Scorpio Edition (Re if i should keep it or trade in ...

Discus and support Help: Important question re the Xbox One X Scorpio Edition (Re if i should keep it or trade in ... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey there community, so i picked up an Xbox One X Scorpio Edition new at Gamestop last week (Tues). The manufacture date is Sept 2017 on the console.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Mez Mauler, Sep 4, 2018.

1. Mez Mauler
    Mez Mauler Guest

Help: Important question re the Xbox One X Scorpio Edition (Re if i should keep it or trade in ...

Hey there community, so i picked up an Xbox One X Scorpio Edition new at Gamestop last week (Tues).

The manufacture date is Sept 2017 on the console. (Model No. 1787)

Gorgeous machine and for the most part everything seems fine with it 'except' i:

1. had a couple freezes when i switched region from US to UK and from UK to US.

(what it did was the home screen just locked up to where i could not scroll or imput anything, thus had to restart the console, which then it worked after each region switch)

2. Had an issue where controller WOULD NOT sync with console even after pressing sync buttons on both the console and the back of controller. Thus had to restart the system. Worked fine after that.

Aside from that, all gaming has been smooth sailing.

Now, here's a possibility why i also had an issue re the first dilemma:

When i switched back and forth regions, COX my internet provider coincidently at the time was just starting to have problems with the service which not long after, i had no internet for many hours. So 'perhaps' i dealt with the region switch issue cause the
    system was having some confusion connection at the start of my internet providers server problem.

Moving forward. I've done some research and have discovered that 'some' out there have had random issues re various subjects with the Scorpio Edition..bricking..heatsink problems due to improper placement of thermal paste..crashing..system dying after 7 months,
    yada yada.

So my question is, being that today is the last day for me to trade it in on my reciept for a newer generation / batch model, 'should i' do that or am i just fine possibly being that it in fact it 'may' have not all been related to the system but service and
    that system updates released by Xbox can also fix any lil kinks such as the above. The controller situation was odd however.

In general, what i've learned from history with electronics of certain types is that the 1st generation models will usually have issues Vs the next batch and so forth. I'm not sure of coarse where this model falls 'assembly line wise' within the very first
    batch of Xbox One X's re production.

I ultimately do admire the system, especially being that it's a collector's item Vs a standard, however, i do not want to have to send it in to Xbox due to it dying on me down the road.

Any opinions on the above would be greatly honored and appreciated. I gotta act fast

Thanks,

Mez

:)

Mez Mauler, Sep 4, 2018
  2. Pubg

Hi there,

Purchasing any electronic item on Day One runs the same risk, this is not unique to the Xbox One X release - Prices drop after release, there are limited time specials offered, or a newer model comes out down the road.

Same goes for automobiles.

The Scorpio edition is a limited edition console. No more will be made of that edition. Any user If you want an Xbox One X with PUBG, it won't say Project Scorpio on it.

Any user currently looking for a Project Scorpio edition console one month after release will most likely be paying a higher price for it than what it originally sold for.

Mistress Sara, Sep 4, 2018
  3. Concerns about the reported problems about the Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition.

I just purchased an Xbox One X Project Scorpio Edition off of Amazon and I'm concerned about the failure rate, heat, fan noise and other problems with Scorpio Xbox One Xs by reading the forums off of Xbox.com and others. I haven't opened up the retail box
    yet. Should I return it and get an regular Xbox One X or an 1-2 TB Xbox One S?

So how's your Project Scorpio Xbox One X doing?

Dustin Porter, Sep 4, 2018
  4. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

I would say it's ultimately up to you. Since it seems to be running well for the most part, I really don't see a reason to return it, but if you are worried about it having future issues, you may want to exchange it. I've had a Scorpio edition from day
    1 with no issues personally.

Smwutches, Sep 4, 2018
  5. The factory warranty starts from the date you register the system and I believe you have 10 days to do so. That being said if you’d rather not deal with sending it in for repair somewhere down the line (for free within the warranty window) I would suggest
    getting a non-Scorpio X that may be from a more recent assembly line and getting an extended warranty from the place of purchase.

coco meat train, Sep 4, 2018
  6. Mez Mauler
    Mez Mauler Guest
    Thanks for the reply, i hear ya, i'd ultimately like to keep it. However, that lil hiccup was somewhat of a scare and possible warning sign. Have you ever had any similar lil issues such as the controller not syncing so you had to restart?

Mez Mauler, Sep 4, 2018
  7. Mez Mauler
    Mez Mauler Guest
    Valid point most def, Thanks!

Mez Mauler, Sep 4, 2018
  8. Smwutches
    Smwutches Guest

No I haven't. Not that I can remember anyway.

Smwutches, Nov 3, 2018
  9. Mez Mauler Win User

Help: Important question re the Xbox One X Scorpio Edition (Re if i should keep it or trade in for a newer model)

Thanks for the reply, i hear ya, i'd ultimately like to keep it. However, that lil hiccup was somewhat of a scare and possible warning sign. Have you ever had any similar lil issues such as the controller not syncing so you had to restart?
  10. Smwutches Win User

Help: Important question re the Xbox One X Scorpio Edition (Re if i should keep it or trade in for a newer model)

I would say it's ultimately up to you. Since it seems to be running well for the most part, I really don't see a reason to return it, but if you are worried about it having future issues, you may want to exchange it. I've had a Scorpio edition from day
    1 with no issues personally.
  11. Smwutches Win User

No I haven't. Not that I can remember anyway.
  12. Mez Mauler Win User

Valid point most def, Thanks!
  13. coco meat train Win User

The factory warranty starts from the date you register the system and I believe you have 10 days to do so. That being said if you’d rather not deal with sending it in for repair somewhere down the line (for free within the warranty window) I would suggest
    getting a non-Scorpio X that may be from a more recent assembly line and getting an extended warranty from the place of purchase.
Thema:

1. Help: Important question re the Xbox One X Scorpio Edition (Re if i should keep it or trade in ... - Similar Threads - Help Important question

2. can i please get some help?

in XBoX on Windows
    can i please get some help?: my account was hacked and when i got the account back it was banned so can i please have some help because i really shouldnt be banned for something i didnt do so it would be much appreciated if i...
  3. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  4. Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???: A while ago my Xbox one would keep giving me error screens and the error said it was due to update. I've tried downloading the update offline but before the download can finish the console shuts...
  5. Help me, i dont know how solve this problem

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, i dont know how solve this problem: I recently changed my Xbox and was able to play the games smoothly, however I have a Minecraft world that I'm trying to play and a message appears saying "Your other Xbox console is taking a long...
  6. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  7. Can anybody help me with this issue?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anybody help me with this issue?: Couple months ago i went to nyc to meet some family members their children had an Xbox so I logged on on my account. Everything was fine but they started kicking me off games so they can play I...
  8. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  9. Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...

in XboX Insiders
    Is there a fix for my fallout 4 not importing my saved data. Any help would be massively...: Hello, I have a lot of saved games and characters on my fallout 4, wanting to get back into it. I’ve been spending hours and hours searching online and trying to find fixes for this issue, I’ve...
  10. Help downloading Dance Central import to new Xbox

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help downloading Dance Central import to new Xbox: Hi! My personal Xbox has the E 82 error. But we have another Xbox for general family use. I've transferred my account and did the license transfer to that Xbox. But I can't find the Dance Central...