HELP! I tried to switch my Microsoft email for my Xbox one account and now I can't find it.

Discus and support HELP! I tried to switch my Microsoft email for my Xbox one account and now I can't find it. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hi I tried switching my xbox profile's email from my brothers email to my email because we have shared the account for years and now he has his own and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by MikeSullivan9, Jul 7, 2020.

1. HELP! I tried to switch my Microsoft email for my Xbox one account and now I can't find it.

Hi I tried switching my xbox profile's email from my brothers email to my email because we have shared the account for years and now he has his own and wants to use his microsoft email. I added my microsoft email to the account, made it the primary, and
    then took his email off of the account. It seems that my gamertag, progress and achievements went out the door with his email and I cannot get them back. I just wanted to change my email and was never warned it would delete my xbox profile. Every time I try
    and sign on with his old email it says it no longer exists. Please somebody help.

:)

MikeSullivan9, Jul 7, 2020
    1 person likes this.
  2. steeledwand7664 Win User

HELP! I tried to switch my Microsoft email for my Xbox one account and now I can't find it.

What happens when you sign in with the new email that you added to the account?

All changing the email like you did was change the email that is used to sign into the account. Any games and progress for the account would not have been lost.

Is it possible that you may have misspelled the email address?

You can try and get ahold of xbox support at support.xbox.com/contact-us and give them the gamertag and if they can verify ownership of the account they can give you the email that is associated with the account.
  3. ChiefJoboo Win User

Transfer gamertag from one microsoft account to another

Unfortunately this is not possible and since your email is a Microsoft email (Live, Hotmail or Outlook) you can't switch the email to another one and have the account not be connected to that email anymore, technically.

You can switch the login emails around but you CAN'T switch TO a Microsoft email when you do this (Live, Hotmail or Outlook). You can switch to another email provider but you can't switch between Microsoft emails as they're permanently connected to that
    account they were created on. For example, you can't switch this account's email login to another Microsoft account because that email is attached to a Microsoft account already.

The only solution is to start over and have him create a new account and have the account that owns all the games to be set as the my home xbox account on the xbox one so that the new account can play all the games that account owns BUT the saves and any
    progress will not move over and some DLC will not share, also.

https://support.xbox.com/en-US/games/game-setup/my-home-xbox
  4. Gang Gang2 Win User

Hey I wanna switch this Fortnite account over to my playstation but it's no allow me

I have Xbox one that has my Fortnite account on it I want to switch it over to my playstation account buh it asking my old Microsoft email I changed previously into my current one so now only my old account get the security code and not my current account I'm trying to switch over
  5. FLC Matador Win User

Can't connect to my second account

My email address was connected to a different account. I switched the emails connected to that account. I then created my new gamertag from the email I disconnected from that account and created my new account. I then went back and closed the extra account
    and now I can't log into my new account. Can anyone help?
  6. LOCOenELcoco80 Win User

wont let me switch my email

Every time I try to switch my gamer tag to another email in account management it says "Sorry, we can't change your Microsoft account right now. For more info go to Xbox.com/AccountSwap." and tried later today and it still wouldn't work.
Thema:

1. HELP! I tried to switch my Microsoft email for my Xbox one account and now I can't find it. - Similar Threads - HELP tried switch

2. I’m trying to upload my captures to OneDrive but it isn’t working, any help?

in XBoX on Windows
    I’m trying to upload my captures to OneDrive but it isn’t working, any help?: I’m trying to upload all of my captures to OneDrive but only 2 out of over 400 have uploaded and it’s been over 3 hours since i started the backup. even when i try to upload one at a time it...
  3. Xbox app - Try the update again - need help

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox app - Try the update again - need help: I'm right now trying to launch Xbox app on pc to play SOT but I keep getting this error, I have currently uninstalled and reinstalled both Microsoft store and Xbox app and have tried some other...
  4. i keep getting exit code 1. i already tried things off a forum but nothing. Please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    i keep getting exit code 1. i already tried things off a forum but nothing. Please help: i cant use a image becuase it doesn't load. the error is just 1 3c61ebde-df90-4761-8b33-1670a14a718e
  5. Help with Xbox App crashing immediately when trying to launch it - Win11

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help with Xbox App crashing immediately when trying to launch it - Win11: Hello, Having a weird issue where Xbox app just crashes when I try to launch it. Here's what I tried already: - updating Windows (in fact, today was when I got a cumulative update, although the...
  6. Please help.. I'd turned cross play option off on my xbox I've tried to turn them back on...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help.. I'd turned cross play option off on my xbox I've tried to turn them back on...: Hi all hopefully someone can help I'd turned cross play option off in my xbox settings so I'd only play with xbox users but now when I try to turn it back on again its saying it on I.e I can play...
  7. Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help! I own cod Cold War. When I try to play it says I have to purchase the game. When I go...: Please help. I own cod Cold War. Suddenly when I try to play it says I have to buy the game. When I go to store it says I own it. I tried re installing , switching accounts, hard resets. Nothing....
  8. Account Login Hello, I really need help trying to find a way how to get my password back! I...

in XBoX Accessibility
    Account Login Hello, I really need help trying to find a way how to get my password back! I...: Account Login Hello, I really need help trying to find a way how to get my password back! I have the e-mail not the password... May someone help. My username for that account is GOLD YT#3963...
  9. I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I...

in XBoX on Windows
    I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I...: I need help. I'm trying to connect to my switch with my Microsoft account but when ever I finish filling it out it takes me to an Xbox 8aa6ace2-1a33-4507-9e50-62116a14af83
  10. MY XBOX IS ONLY BLACK AND WHITE tried messing with colors on tv didnt help tried switching...

in XBoX on Consoles
    MY XBOX IS ONLY BLACK AND WHITE tried messing with colors on tv didnt help tried switching...: tried messing with colors on tv didnt help tried switching hdmis didnt help tried messing with settings on my xbox didnt help tried resetting xbox and tv didnt help...