* Help * Hotmail account deactived, was linked to my Xbox Account

Discus and support * Help * Hotmail account deactived, was linked to my Xbox Account in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; Hi, My Xbox account was linked to an old Hotmail account I had, due to inactivity it has now been deleted. I am now unable to sign into Xbox with it.... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Oli_268, Oct 30, 2023.

1. Oli_268
    Oli_268 Guest

Hi,

My Xbox account was linked to an old Hotmail account I had, due to inactivity it has now been deleted. I am now unable to sign into Xbox with it.

Is there any way of me retrieving the Xbox account? I've tried support online but I'm unable to get to a stage where I can actually speak to anyone.

I'd appreciate any help.

*Edit*

I'd just like to add, I tried resetting the password on it and it says the address doesn't exist. However, if I try to create a new address with the exact same name, it says it already exists....

Is anyone able to shed any light or guide me on who I could contact?

:)

Oli_268, Oct 30, 2023
  2. KindGryphon Win User

Hi,

My Xbox account was linked to an old Hotmail account I had, due to inactivity it has now been deleted. I am now unable to sign into Xbox with it.

Is there any way of me retrieving the Xbox account? I've tried support online but I'm unable to get to a stage where I can actually speak to anyone.

I'd appreciate any help.

*Edit*

I'd just like to add, I tried resetting the password on it and it says the address doesn't exist. However, if I try to create a new address with the exact same name, it says it already exists....

Is anyone able to shed any light or guide me on who I could contact?
    The Microsoft account (which is your Hotmail account) is the Xbox account. They are one in the same. So if your Microsoft account was deleted then by extension the Xbox account is deleted as well.

You cant create a new account using the same email because when an account is deleted Microsoft doesn't recycle the old emails so they can't be used anymore.

Unfortunately there isnt anything that can be done once an account is already deleted
  3. kucfer420 Win User

trouble with old xbox 360 profile

Thank you for your swift response!

However, to link my old email address to my hotmail account is not possible as i can only link other hotmail email addresses to my hotmail account.

I tried to recover my old email address and was informed by the email address provider that it was not only deactivated but also terminated and not recoverable as i havent used it in 10+ years.

Is there any other way to help change my old xbox live email address? Perhaps microsoft could change it manually? Given that i can verify that it is my account via Identification card, phone number or facebook as i use the same email address there as i do on my xboxlive account.
  4. EidanDK Win User

PLS help!!! hotmail deleted

Well I tried doing whats writen in that post but the problem is I cant enter password into a hotmail account that doesnt exist anymore, it is there but its deactivated or something, therefore I cant change my WLID assosiated with that gametag
  5. SumaBlend Win User

I wanna change WLID but I can't remember my old password. HELP!

I get an automated message with an issue number. Ive requested the password a few time. And answered the question to prove my identity.

Now I don't know if the hotmail account is even active anymore. I never log on nor do I even use it. If an Xbox is attached to a deactivated hotmail, shouldnt you guys see that. And prompt the person to change or update the WLID account.
  6. C_L_M Win User

hotmail address associated with old xbox gamertag was removed from old microsoft account. Need help recovering gamertag.

I signed into the gamertag/xbox account earlier today, realised it was linked to an old hotmail address, and was trying to change the associated MS account's email from that hotmail address to my gmail address.
Thema:

1. * Help * Hotmail account deactived, was linked to my Xbox Account - Similar Threads - Help Hotmail account

2. Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???: A while ago my Xbox one would keep giving me error screens and the error said it was due to update. I've tried downloading the update offline but before the download can finish the console shuts...
  3. Help me, i dont know how solve this problem

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, i dont know how solve this problem: I recently changed my Xbox and was able to play the games smoothly, however I have a Minecraft world that I'm trying to play and a message appears saying "Your other Xbox console is taking a long...
  4. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  5. Can anybody help me with this issue?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anybody help me with this issue?: Couple months ago i went to nyc to meet some family members their children had an Xbox so I logged on on my account. Everything was fine but they started kicking me off games so they can play I...
  6. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  7. Help with Android cloud gaming with SteelSeries Stratus XL controller

in XboX Insiders
    Help with Android cloud gaming with SteelSeries Stratus XL controller: Hoping it's not my phone's fault not being good enought but there's a bit of controller input lag that's enough to make it not worth playing but besides my phone I also am using the old Steel...
  8. Can someone help me?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone help me?: Hello, I bought Call of Duty in pre-sale with rewards points, but so far I haven't cashed in that money and it says it will cash out 10 days before launch. When I search the game it says that I...
  9. Locked out of hotmail, help? Tried requesting through microsoft, did not verify

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Locked out of hotmail, help? Tried requesting through microsoft, did not verify: I am locked out of hotmail, my son tried to reset the xbox and I got kicked out of email. I cannot reset password as it has a non existing email address to send to and the phone number I have on...
  10. HOTMAIL ACCOUNT LOST PLEASE HELP

in XBoX on Consoles
    HOTMAIL ACCOUNT LOST PLEASE HELP: Good afternoon, Upon signing into to my XBOX Live account on my Xbox 360 about a week ago I was greeted with an error message and prompted to input my email + password. However I was unable to...