Help! connection/network, high package loss, slow upload/download speed

Discus and support Help! connection/network, high package loss, slow upload/download speed in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Been experiencing issues with Xbox live since having shaw install new internet service. The problem seems to be between my Xbox one and the Cisco... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by sjaDiesel, Nov 16, 2015.

1. sjaDiesel
    sjaDiesel Guest

Been experiencing issues with Xbox live since having shaw install new internet service. The problem seems to be between my Xbox one and the Cisco DPC3848v Gateway provided by shaw. The internet itself appears to be stable testing it through various other
    devices with ping/speed tests, however when i try to play games online i experience constant interuptions to the point of being unplayable. I also sporadically get an error while checking multiplayer connection "you have high package loss". I've made the Xbox
    one's IP address static and have forwarded ports, my NAT is open now, ive tried disabling the firewall, disabled upnp, cleared my blurays persistent storage and alternate mac address, restarted, returned both devices to factory defaults and tried everything
    in different orders multiple times... Ive talked to both shaw and microsoft support to no avail, its been extremely frustrating and im hoping someone can lend me an expert opinion on how to proceed.

:)

sjaDiesel, Nov 16, 2015
  2. 100% packet loss HELP!

Im still not able to get on live it still says 100% package loss it says my regular connection is good but my multiplayer connection isnt and ive tried directily plugging it into the router and still didnt work.

The detailed network stats were:

Download speed- 59.18 mbps

upload speed-11.89 mbps

package loss-100%

MTU- 1480

Wireless strength-100%

Any help is greatly appreciated Help! connection/network, high package loss, slow upload/download speed :)

DullBrush765263, Nov 16, 2015
  3. Error 0x801901f4

Thanks for that info. Please see our Multiplayer Connection troubleshooting guide as it includes steps for issues pertaining to packet loss
    under "You have high packet loss". While your packet loss is not currently high, any packet loss can contribute to any network issues you're experiencing.

Mister Cazador, Nov 16, 2015
  4. Help! connection/network, high package loss, slow upload/download speed

Hello, LuckyLZR

Seeing how you tried probably everything I would suggest you to do already to no avail, a quick fix for this can be as simple as a Ethernet cable/LAN Connection rather than a Wireless/WLAN Connection. I have had the same problem in the past and a Ethernet
    Cable from the Modem to the Xbox did the trick!

I hope I helped you in some way, if it did, Verify & Like my reply to let me know! Help! connection/network, high package loss, slow upload/download speed :)

ArmyRanger149, Nov 16, 2015
  5. sjaDiesel
    sjaDiesel Guest
    Yeah sorry forgot to mention it's a single console on the modem and I've been using a Lan (wired) connection. I've also tried changing up the wifi channel the modem puts out as shaw suggested that may clear up the signal of both the wifi and wired connections,
    which could be affected by interference from my neighbors wifi, but that didn't work either.

sjaDiesel, Oct 31, 2018
  6. sjaDiesel Win User

Yeah sorry forgot to mention it's a single console on the modem and I've been using a Lan (wired) connection. I've also tried changing up the wifi channel the modem puts out as shaw suggested that may clear up the signal of both the wifi and wired connections,
    which could be affected by interference from my neighbors wifi, but that didn't work either.
  7. ArmyRanger149 Win User

Hello, LuckyLZR

Seeing how you tried probably everything I would suggest you to do already to no avail, a quick fix for this can be as simple as a Ethernet cable/LAN Connection rather than a Wireless/WLAN Connection. I have had the same problem in the past and a Ethernet
    Cable from the Modem to the Xbox did the trick!

I hope I helped you in some way, if it did, Verify & Like my reply to let me know! :)
  8. WPAK Win User

Super slow game downloads

Hi there,

the speed for downloading is determined by a few things.

1. Upload speed on the server side. Which should be fine since your friend can download them quickly

2. Your internet connections specifications. If you have a slower internet package, your maximum download speed will be the cause of the 'slowness'. In order to solve this you will need to contact your ISP or even switch ISP. Be aware that faster packages
    are probably more expensive

3. Your network hardware, if your network hardware is old, it might be too slow to handle higher speeds.

If you are currently connected wireless, you could try connecting via a cable to see if that helps. Otherwise I do suggest trying to find out what your maximum internet download/upload speed is.

Let us know any results
  9. Mister Cazador Win User

Error 0x801901f4

Detailed network statistics

download speed

42.41Mbps

upload speed

Packet loss

1%

MTU

Latency

170m

wireless strength

100%
    Thanks for that info. Please see our Multiplayer Connection troubleshooting guide as it includes steps for issues pertaining to packet loss
    under "You have high packet loss". While your packet loss is not currently high, any packet loss can contribute to any network issues you're experiencing.
  10. aBrownMINDFREAK Win User

recommended internet speed for xbox one?

Quick question guys, what is a good upload/ download speed. I go to my detailed network statistics in these settings on my xbox one and it says I have a download speed of 73.50 Mbps and Upload Speed of 24.08 Mgps. download packet loss 0%, upload packet
    loss 1%, and MTU 1480, Latency 52ms. Is that good? I have no idea. sometimes my download speed is as high as 95 Mbps. I don't know if that's good or bad. Any response would be great thanks.
Thema:

1. Help! connection/network, high package loss, slow upload/download speed - Similar Threads - Help connection network

2. my xbox360 won't conect to my network but my router says its connected... help

in XBoX on Consoles
    my xbox360 won't conect to my network but my router says its connected... help: my xbox360 won't conect to my network but my router says its connected... help 4f01fe3d-d839-4674-8e0a-abef22f6c9b9
  3. Xbox Series X won´t connect to Network HELP'

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Xbox Series X won´t connect to Network HELP': I tried rebooting but nothing happened so I tried a soft reboot. However, now my Xbox is not connected to any Wi-Fi networks and will not connect to either wireless or wired connections. I'm stuck...
  4. Help with connecting to Xbox network. I downloaded MW 2 and my Xbox won’t connect

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help with connecting to Xbox network. I downloaded MW 2 and my Xbox won’t connect: I just got an Xbox Series S. I downloaded Modern Warfare 2 and it won’t connect to the Xbox network and my internet connection is fine and everything. It says connecting to Xbox network and then...
  5. Can't Connect your wireless network Help for Xbox one S

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can't Connect your wireless network Help for Xbox one S: I have been getting the Can't connect to your wireless network hardware problem all day long. When i tried to put my wifi password in on my brother's xbox it seems to be fine. Is there anything i...
  6. Help, Xbox will not connect connect to the network via LAN

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help, Xbox will not connect connect to the network via LAN: When my Xbox One X is connected via LAN (wired), when turning it on most of the time it will not connect to the network. The only way it will then connect is if I switch back and forth between...
  7. Help. I can not connect to the network in Dark soauls 2

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Help. I can not connect to the network in Dark soauls 2: I can not play on the grid in Dark Souls 2 on XBOX 360 writes: You can not play in multiplayer mode, because you do not have network privileges a72cb27e-98aa-4d75-b1fb-9b0345989198
  8. I need someone to help Trouble Shooting Network Connection. I just will not connect anymore

in XBoX on Consoles
    I need someone to help Trouble Shooting Network Connection. I just will not connect anymore: Couple days i ago i buy "for honor" and as you know it was a big problem for most of us. Long story short i had to call my cable provider and restart my router, because of a few things i tried to...
  9. Help! Post update can not connect to wireless network.

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help! Post update can not connect to wireless network.: In the middle of watching my Hulu tonight, the update screen popped up (with no option to finish watching my show) and I had to update. Post update I went to set up the wireless connection,...
  10. xbox connected to network but won't connect to internet HELP!

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox connected to network but won't connect to internet HELP!: i brought a brand new xbox and in initial setup straight away it will not connect to internet i have tried loads of different suggestions and been through the support stuff nothing has worked and...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. please wait while content is downloading modern combat5