Help connecting my Xbox One to my Surface Book2

Discus and support Help connecting my Xbox One to my Surface Book2 in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi, I am a college student and I want to stream my Xbox one to my surface book 2. I know usually you would just have them on the same wifi and steam it... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by SunOfANutcrackr, Sep 26, 2018.

1. Help connecting my Xbox One to my Surface Book2

Hi, I am a college student and I want to stream my Xbox one to my surface book 2. I know usually you would just have them on the same wifi and steam it through a laptop. Problem is I don't have a TV so I can't change the wifi settings on my Xbox because
    I have no display. So I thought I could use an HDMI to USB-c cable to connect them through a wired connection and then change the wifi settings when my Xbox is displayed on my laptop. However, that is not working either, my laptop still won't display my Xbox
    dashboard even though they have a wired connection. Is there a setting I need to change on my laptop possibly? thank you for any help

:)

SunOfANutcrackr, Sep 26, 2018
  2. Baelfyre
    Baelfyre Guest
    Smartglass will not connect on any of my Windows 8.1 devices

I also cannot connect either mu surface or my windows 8.1 phone using smartglass for Xbox one. It basically does not see my Xbox one. This happens on my phone and my surface 2 rt

Baelfyre, Sep 26, 2018
  3. Error 80072EF3

Everything connects fine, my phone, 3DS, surface and Xbox one all connect fine.

Andy Mulligan, Sep 26, 2018
  4. XBF Diego M
    XBF Diego M Guest

Hey there! Thanks for reaching out to us.

I don't think it's possible to display the picture from the Xbox onto your laptop simply by just plugging in the HDMI into the laptop. It should be a compatible TV or computer monitor.

However, it is possible to stream your games to the laptop through the Xbox App as long as both are connected to the same home network.

Follow our
    How to use game streaming in the Xbox app on Windows 10
    to make sure you have the correct system requirements and settings. Settings for your Xbox One can also be configured through the Xbox App.

Let us know if this helps!

XBF Diego M, Sep 26, 2018
  5. no, the problem is I can't connect them to the same network, I moved to my college dorm and my laptop is on the wifi, but my Xbox isn't and I can't change the settings because I don't have any display. Is there a way I can change my Xbox settings through the
    app if they're not on the same wifi? Or possibly if I buy the surface dock could I display my Xbox to my laptop in a wired connection through that?

SunOfANutcrackr, Sep 30, 2018
  6. XBF Lance J
    XBF Lance J Guest
    Hey there!

Unfortunately you would need either a TV or a compatible monitor to enable the streaming settings on the console, only then will you be able to stream your games unto the Xbox App in your laptop.

XBF Lance J, Nov 5, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: