HELP - Cannot install Halo MCC No matter what I do

Discus and support HELP - Cannot install Halo MCC No matter what I do in XBoX on Windows to solve the problem; Hi all, As the title suggests, I cannot download Halo MCC for the life of me. I've downloaded other games without a hitch but Halo absolutely will not... Discussion in 'XBoX on Windows' started by kensaiD 2591, Apr 25, 2020.

1. kensaiD 2591
    kensaiD 2591 Guest

Hi all,

As the title suggests, I cannot download Halo MCC for the life of me. I've downloaded other games without a hitch but Halo absolutely will not download.

Clicking on it in the Xbox (Beta) app gives me a "Sorry partner" error, downloading via the Windows Store app will stop at either 233.3MB or 360.8MB and then just spin infinitely. I've let it sit for >8hrs overnight and no change.

I've tried the following -

Clear cache via wsreset
    Following the powershell commands on MS's website
    Trying different drives (internal and external)
    Trying different PC's (one laptop and two desktops I've tried on)
    Tried going via Google DNS no dice
    Tried resetting Windows to an earlier version
    Opted in to Fast ring for Insider Programme, thinking maybe it was the version of Windows I was on but no luck there either

Halo is one of the main reasons I got game pass for PC as well as console was to experience the game all over again with some mates in quarantine, but whilst they've all got the game downloaded, I've been scratching my head for 4 weeks now.

:)

kensaiD 2591, Apr 25, 2020
  2. GodsAssassin007 Win User

Halo MCC problems

So you try to install Halo 1 from the MCC and it stops downloading at a certain percent every time? Are you trying to install on an external HD, or the internal one? I assume you've already tried a power cycle? Also have you tried installing other games
    and seeing if they will fully install, or if it is just this one game in particular that will not work?

both on the internal and external drives idk what to do both halo mcc and halo 5 don't want to work for me the rest of the halo games work ( reach, odst ce, etc.) But not halo 5 and mcc both pre owned again
    Try doing what Echo4Ent suggests. If that still does. Not work you may need to reach out to the official support line for help.
  3. Farscape247 Win User

Halo 3: ODST to release 29/05/2015

To those having install issues, do as other have said, make sure to update halo mcc and make sure you have the disc in when installing, the campaign resides under the halo 3 campaign in halo mcc.
  4. AngryRampager Win User

Halo MCC problems

So you try to install Halo 1 from the MCC and it stops downloading at a certain percent every time? Are you trying to install on an external HD, or the internal one? I assume you've already tried a power cycle? Also have you tried installing other games
    and seeing if they will fully install, or if it is just this one game in particular that will not work?
    both on the internal and external drives idk what to do both halo mcc and halo 5 don't want to work for me the rest of the halo games work ( reach, odst ce, etc.) But not halo 5 and mcc both pre owned again
  5. Farscape247 Win User

Halo 1 requires 182 GB to install?

it is because its part of the halo MCC, you need the base part which is halo MCC then the individual games so it reserves space for them, halo 1 on pc for instance is 8.58GB and then add on the MCC base game it becomes 30.08GB.

halo mcc consists of all the games which take 142GB of space on pc so it saves this space aside, when you install hmcc and just one of the games which is also split into multiplayer and campaign it looks like it still reserves the space, this is what i have seen on xbox and gamepass pc, when i install via steam and just choose one of the games to be installed then the space taken is just by mcc and that one game.
  6. SammyVS Win User

Halo Reach and ODST saying I still need to purchase after I bought them

Thanks for contacting us my name is Samy, I am advisor independent and I will be helping you today.

How are you, mate?

These 2 games are DLC's for Halo MCC, you have to purchase and install Halo MCC to be able to access this content in-game.
Thema:

1. HELP - Cannot install Halo MCC No matter what I do - Similar Threads - HELP Cannot install

2. I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. I cannot get my old gamer tag to work. Please help

in XBoX Accessibility
    I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. I cannot get my old gamer tag to work. Please help: I have 2 gamer tags with the same email. How do I use my original db77b83e-9c0b-4428-9cdf-52b1308c73d0
  3. Cannot Redeem Gift card on Microsoft Rewards! Please help!

in XBoX on Windows
    Cannot Redeem Gift card on Microsoft Rewards! Please help!: [img] I wanted to redeem a gift card on Microsoft Rewards, but I couldn't for the past few days. On the Phone Verification, "Send" button has been staying gray color instead of blue. This has...
  4. Cannot Contact Microsoft support. The automated system cannot help me.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Cannot Contact Microsoft support. The automated system cannot help me.: Hi. I have been trying to contact support for the past 3 days to no avail. I started another post trying to get help:...
  5. My son account was hacked, but i cannot get help

in XBoX Accessibility
    My son account was hacked, but i cannot get help: Good morning, My boy had his Microsoft account stolen, I tried to open 2 incidents that Microsoft decided to close. So I tried to talk to someone. it seems that it is almost no longer possible....
  6. Xbox Controller Intermittently Disconnecting, Cannot get help from a human

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Controller Intermittently Disconnecting, Cannot get help from a human: Hi, Really at a loss of what to do here. My xbox series X controller has been intermittently disconnecting for the past month or two now. It's gotten to the point where I can't play live games...
  7. "The path cannot be traversed because it contains an untrusted mount point" Please help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    "The path cannot be traversed because it contains an untrusted mount point" Please help: Hello! I have this problem with Game Pass on PC. (Windows 10) I get the following error when opening any game "The path cannot be traversed because it contains an untrusted mount point". This...
  8. I need help, Support cannot help and I have tried many times.

in XBoX Accessibility
    I need help, Support cannot help and I have tried many times.: Back in may of 2022 my account was hacked. Me and this guy we gameshared a lot because he had strict parents and he eventually ended up stealing my account from his xbox. This started late...
  9. Is it possible to merge two microsoft accounts into one? Support cannot help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Is it possible to merge two microsoft accounts into one? Support cannot help?: I have activated windows and minecraft microsoft ver. on one account and migrated minecraft java on another one (Several year ago I migrated my mojang account to new created microsoft account and...
  10. Please help I've a 360 gears iof war box cannot play all 12 plus. family's settings need...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Please help I've a 360 gears iof war box cannot play all 12 plus. family's settings need...: Hello Evan Xbox 360 gears of war special edition I cannot seem to bypass the family fittings the previous owner EE obviously family settings pass and a code so very fun couldn't play but you know...