[Help] Audio recording problem with Xbox App on Window 10

Discus and support [Help] Audio recording problem with Xbox App on Window 10 in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; I have been trying to record my gameplay with my friends recently. However, I could not hear my voice in the videos. Only the voice of my friend and... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by 8260_LE, Dec 27, 2018.

1. 8260_LE
    8260_LE Guest

I have been trying to record my gameplay with my friends recently. However, I could not hear my voice in the videos. Only the voice of my friend and game sound were recorded. I am quite sure that my mic worked fine since we were able to chat through Steam.

For your information, below are the settings of mine.

1) "Background recording" [OFF]

2) "Maximum recording time" [4-hour]

3) "Record audio when I record a game" [ON]

4) "Default microphone as turned on when I record a game" [Checked]

5) "Audio Quality" [128kbps]

6) "Volume" [50]

7) "Record game sound only" [Unchecked]

[Help] Audio recording problem with Xbox App on Window 10 [​IMG]

I know it is an age-old question. Yet, please help because I still could not find a fix for that. Thank you very much.

:)

8260_LE, Dec 27, 2018
  2. denis97g Win User

3. mbathula Win User

Game Bar Does Not Record my voice during party chat

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. With recording your voice it will not do this through the game bar itself. You either have to do it through the Xbox companion app or have a capture card. As this guide for

setting up streaming windows 10
    shows it will only record from the Microphone on the PC not the headset.

Recorded audio

Record game play with or without sounds from your game and your microphone, and choose the audio quality.

• To record game sounds with your game clips, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    • To choose a different audio quality than the default, select the Audio quality box and choose one of the options.
    • To record through your microphone, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    Thanks Brad. I went to the Companion app and it redirects me to the Windows 10 settings that you outlined above. Based on this, looks like the microphone has to be connected to the PC to record my own voice. Is there a way I can request this as a feature?
  4. Mister Maka Win User

DVR isn't picking up audio input from my microphone

Hey LEIGHTON LEGEND,

Windows 10 Xbox DVR will record the game audio, but it does not record input voices or external audio. There is a setting to enable audio with Game DVR, but that setting is for enabling game audio. This page outlines all information on how to

Record game clips with Game DVR on Windows 10

If you'd like to give some feedback for future updates definitely head over to http://xbox.uservoice.com/.
  5. Bestlano Win User

Can't use Headset while streaming to win 10

Hi Doom, please make sure your audio device for both input (microphone) and output (speakers) is set correctly on your PC. Under Control Panel, select Hardware and Sound, and then select Manage audio devices. You’ll find these settings on both the Playback
    and Recording tabs. At the present time, this needs to be selected before you begin game streaming.

If you have trouble hearing audio or seeing video, reference the following article to see if it may help

support.xbox.com/.../troubleshoot-game-audio-video-Windows-10

If none of that helps please report this issue via Xbox App Beta using the "report a problem".

Thanks for the feedback,

Best
  6. XBF Brad A Win User

Game Bar Does Not Record my voice during party chat

Hi Mbathula,

Thanks for coming to the forums with your question. With recording your voice it will not do this through the game bar itself. You either have to do it through the Xbox companion app or have a capture card. As this guide for

setting up streaming windows 10
    shows it will only record from the Microphone on the PC not the headset.

Recorded audio

Record game play with or without sounds from your game and your microphone, and choose the audio quality.

• To record game sounds with your game clips, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    • To choose a different audio quality than the default, select the Audio quality box and choose one of the options.
    • To record through your microphone, turn on Record audio when I record a game.
    Thanks,

Brad
Thema:

1. [Help] Audio recording problem with Xbox App on Window 10 - Similar Threads - Help Audio recording

2. Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone please help me fix my audio in my headset: Well I was playing my controller died and I plugged in the charger and then I couldn't hear game chat party I could only here party chat when I was look at it like if you were to leave it and I...
  3. Need mic / audio help! My mic connects, and I can hear game / party.

in XboX Insiders
    Need mic / audio help! My mic connects, and I can hear game / party.: However, I cannot speak, any help is massively appreciated. (Series S, hyper X mic if that’s of any help) submitted by /u/Accomplished_Cook508 [link] [comments]
  4. headset audio help !!

in XBoX on Consoles
    headset audio help !!: i plugged my xbox into my TV and the game audio was coming out of the speakers but the xbox party chat only came through my headset, which i didn’t like so i plugged the xbox back into my monitor...
  5. Need help with dolby digital audio

in XboX Insiders
    Need help with dolby digital audio: I bought a Xbox series S yesterday and I’m running into issues getting the audio to work. I use a Lovesac Stealthtech via e-ARC on my LG C2 tv. However I’m not getting any audio options other than...
  6. Need help combining Xbox and pc audio into one headset.

in XBoX Accessibility
    Need help combining Xbox and pc audio into one headset.: I have a series x, astro a40s, and a windows 10pc, everything is up to date. I am trying to get game sound from my Xbox and sound from my pc at the same time. So I can play a game and have YouTube...
  7. I need help figuring out how to get audio output.

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    I need help figuring out how to get audio output.: I have not been able to talk to anyone in a party for over a year now. I can hear them, but they can’t hear me. This started when I had my old Xbox One and old headset. I thought that maybe it was...
  8. Someone please help, my audio is cutting out while I stream.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Someone please help, my audio is cutting out while I stream.: My audio when I plug in my headset to my Xbox series X controller during a stream is cutting out every second as if someone was muting and unmuting my stream. I haven't touched the settings at all...
  9. Crackling Audio Issues Encountered When Launching Games From Xbox App On PC, can anyone help?

in XBoX on Windows
    Crackling Audio Issues Encountered When Launching Games From Xbox App On PC, can anyone help?: Crackling Audio Issues: Okay, so here’s some context. I use a Razer Nari Ultimate headset usually connected in Bluetooth. When I launch any Microsoft associated games from the xbox store on my PC...
  10. Crackling Audio Issues Encountered When Launching Games From Xbox App On PC, can anyone help?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Crackling Audio Issues Encountered When Launching Games From Xbox App On PC, can anyone help?: Crackling Audio Issues: Okay, so here’s some context. I use a Razer Nari Ultimate headset usually connected in Bluetooth. When I launch any Microsoft associated games from the xbox store on my PC...