Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...

Discus and support Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe... in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Here is a photo of it. The marks are most likely water/vinegar mix. I hate when There are marks like this. [img] 411af9ba-49b4-47e4-a3fa-6c40e793f6fd Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ZidTheDuck, Apr 23, 2024.

1. ZidTheDuck
    ZidTheDuck Guest

Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe...

Here is a photo of it. The marks are most likely water/vinegar mix. I hate when There are marks like this.

Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe... [​IMG]

:)

ZidTheDuck, Apr 23, 2024
  2. Sodangidni Win User

Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe stain) on it. What do I do or clean it with?

Hello, ZidTheDuck. I'm Arturo, a community user like you, and I'll be glad to provide assistance with your inquiry today.

I take this opportunity to let you know the mix you used is not recommended to clean your Xbox.

Actually, Microsoft recommends cleaning your Xbox with a “soft cloth dampened with an ********* alcohol (IPA) solution 70% or less. Do not use disinfectant wipes.”

But you can try cleaning your console by following the recommendation above and check if, hopefully, the marks caused by the water/vinegar mix are gone.
    If after the first time you still can see them, you can try cleaning the console a second time.

However, if after that the marks remain very visible, I regret to inform you that it's not possible to do something else from the user side unless you decide to change the console shell.

Reference link:
    https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/console/clean-and-care-for-xbox-and-controllers

Regards,

Arturo.
  3. SwiftOcean3 Win User

acid leak in xbox 360 controller

Acrually.. The SAME thing happened to me.. I tried everything but nothing is working.. My corrosion was really bad... But maybe yours isn't.. So try these maybe it will work

*use white vinegar or apple cider vinegar and a q-tip and rub gently on the place of the corrosion

*mix baking soda and water and get a q-tip and do the same

*take a tooth brush (preferably an old one) and dip it in vinegar and scrub on the corroded area

*take some cloth and put a medium amount of vinegar on it.. (Wet but not leaking wet) and rap it around or place on the corroded area and leave for 5 hours or more... After the required timing remove the cloth from the area you placed it and take a towel
    or a brush and easily clean the corroded area..

*if it got corroded before the warranty time which is 90 days after you bought it, than you can exchange your controller for a new one for free

Try all of the above and see if it works!! Good luck, hope this helps
  4. Scrogginsanity Win User

What will be your drink of choice when the Xbox one releases?

Tap water will be my primary choice, but I'll mix it up a little with the occasional green tea.
  5. KJCAPTAIN420 Win User

Is it ok to clean my Xbox One X with wet paper towels?

I use a dry microfiber towel to wipe dust off of mine. I would not suggest using a wet paper towel. Water and electronics are never a good mix.
  6. CodyRinard Win User

Mw2 graphics bug Xbox series x

Im thinking this is a weak spot in the series x maybe it's heat related damage idk but it's not as uncommon as it should be
Thema:

1. Help! A tap water/ vinegar mix was used to wipe my series x. It has a big dark spot (maybe... - Similar Threads - Help tap water

2. Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Hi I can't add any friends in sims freeplay, could someone please help my player id is...: Hi, I'm playing sims freeplay on my mobile and it won't let me add any friends please could someone help? My player id is 16378184. 3ba0f6d5-5276-48f1-908c-aac166fa6619
  3. Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can someone Help me fix my Xbox One???: A while ago my Xbox one would keep giving me error screens and the error said it was due to update. I've tried downloading the update offline but before the download can finish the console shuts...
  4. Help me, i dont know how solve this problem

in XboX Insiders
    Help me, i dont know how solve this problem: I recently changed my Xbox and was able to play the games smoothly, however I have a Minecraft world that I'm trying to play and a message appears saying "Your other Xbox console is taking a long...
  5. Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5

in XBoX on Windows
    Need help unlinking deleted Microsoft account from my ps5: I used to play Minecraft alot but I needed to get another Microsoft account to go with my updated and new email, so dumbly of Me, when I signed out of Minecraft, I didn't press the unlink button...
  6. Can anybody help me with this issue?

in XboX Insiders
    Can anybody help me with this issue?: Couple months ago i went to nyc to meet some family members their children had an Xbox so I logged on on my account. Everything was fine but they started kicking me off games so they can play I...
  7. Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly

in XboX Insiders
    Need help my xbox isn't loading games properly: Every time I open a game the title screen will load visually but it will stay there and nothing will change but I can hear the audio as if the game did open and is running fine. How do I fix this?...
  8. Help with Android cloud gaming with SteelSeries Stratus XL controller

in XboX Insiders
    Help with Android cloud gaming with SteelSeries Stratus XL controller: Hoping it's not my phone's fault not being good enought but there's a bit of controller input lag that's enough to make it not worth playing but besides my phone I also am using the old Steel...
  9. Can someone help me?

in XBoX Accessibility
    Can someone help me?: Hello, I bought Call of Duty in pre-sale with rewards points, but so far I haven't cashed in that money and it says it will cash out 10 days before launch. When I search the game it says that I...
  10. Xbox Series X controller not working in games when I tap Alt+Tab, can anyone help?

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox Series X controller not working in games when I tap Alt+Tab, can anyone help?: I don't know why, but in some games when I press Alt+Tab, to do another things and i come back to continue the gameplay, my controller doesn't work in the game anymore, but in xbox game bar it is...