Help a mom with accounts and limits

Discus and support Help a mom with accounts and limits in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; The xbox is my son's and he is almost 12. But when it was set up, it is all under my name and he has a user name. This means that he is actually 43... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by davidsharkboy8, May 21, 2018.

1. Help a mom with accounts and limits

The xbox is my son's and he is almost 12. But when it was set up, it is all under my name and he has a user name. This means that he is actually 43 b/c I am 43. I want to keep his username and all that goes with it, but I want to make a child account
    for him and have mine as the adults. The whole point is that I'm trying to set screen time limits and I have absolutely no idea what I'm doing! Every time I click on something on the laptop to help, it takes me somewhere else to click on. I need help!!!!
    Thanks!

:)

davidsharkboy8, May 21, 2018
  2. EditedFlyer0
    EditedFlyer0 Guest
    One live account or two? Or three?

I am a very new to gaming Mom who bought my kids (9 and 12) a 360 for Christmas. They wanted it mainly to play Minecraft online with their friends. Can someone please explain to me the limits of both of them playing on the one Gold account I bought? We
    only have one box, so what would be the advantage of them each having their own account versus sharing one? Thanks for the help!

EditedFlyer0, May 21, 2018
  3. MyMrKrazy
    MyMrKrazy Guest
    Banned Account Still being charged

Hello

My account was banned a week after thanks giving last year

and my mom was paying for my account on there with her credit card

So on Feb 28 my mom was charged 24.99$

Please help

Old GT ItZxCaMeRoNx

Email Her at [Removed by Moderator]

MyMrKrazy, May 21, 2018
  4. Ermac29 Win User

Need Help With Account > im unsure of what to do <

If your account is set as a child account the you're limited to what you can do. Best bet is ask mom and see if you can talk her through making a new email account so you have something to link to.
  5. Smwutches Win User

mom needs help

The 4gb is internal flash memory and not a hard drive. He would need a hard drive in order to download the content. You don't necessarily need to buy him a whole new console. There are 250gb and 320gb hard drives available for purchase that you can add to
    his existing console.
  6. Ariel Acu Win User

Mom needs help

Hi,

To give you an idea, any item that you will purchase within the game are non-transferable. If you're going to purchase an in-game item, you will need to use the account who will use it in the game. This means that you will need to use the child account to
    purchase the Robux item so that you can ensure that it will show up on his game. Regarding your concern, did you purchase it using the parent Microsoft account? If so, the license of it was applied to your own account and it can't be transferred to the child
    account. In this case, we suggest that you contact our Xbox Support team so that they can provide you options on how to correct this issue and assist you on how to purchase the item using the child account. You may refer to this
    link to reach them.

Let us know if you need further assistance.
  7. DigitalAssassin Win User

Mom needs help

The best thing you can do is check his games list and veiw the most recent played games achievement list and see if there was a recent date on any achievements. There won't be a time though.

-

Also through the parental controls settings on the xbox you can set up the family timer which limits the amount of time xbox can be on per day/week etc. Some info on that here:

support.xbox.com/.../xbox-live-parental-control
  8. SparkedDisc719 Win User

Mom needs help

I am not sure why no one has replied to this thread yet. I am sorry on behalf of all the Ambassadors and staff. Unfortunately, some technology is so complicated today that consumers are not able to service them, so only the people who make them (in your
    case, Microsoft) make them. I think the only way to get it fixed would be to send it down to Seattle. I am sorry for the inconvenience. Sometimes new tech can not work the way we want.

Thanks

SparkedDisc710
Thema:

Help a mom with accounts and limits

1. Help a mom with accounts and limits - Similar Threads - Help mom accounts

2. can i please get some help?

in XBoX on Windows
    can i please get some help?: my account was hacked and when i got the account back it was banned so can i please have some help because i really shouldnt be banned for something i didnt do so it would be much appreciated if i...
  3. Unenlightened mom needs help grabbing an Xbox X for her sons..

in XboX Insiders
    Unenlightened mom needs help grabbing an Xbox X for her sons..: Hi Everyone, So I’ve got twin 15 year olds who wanted this scarce item for Christmas. Truth be told I really need two consoles.. I’ve got my BestBuy app ready to go if inventory magically falls...
  4. Frustrated mom needing help!!

in XBoX Sales and Promo
    Frustrated mom needing help!!: I just purchased a 3 month xbox live card for my son but when i put in the code it says there's $15.93 past due which isn't correct by the way because before i purchased the card there was a...
  5. Philips 42PFL5405H: this mom needs some help

in XBoX TV Hardware
    Philips 42PFL5405H: this mom needs some help: Philips (Televisions) 42PFL5405H: this mom needs some help it would be best to invest in a new tv, besides the picture quality, the gaming would suffer because of an older much slower tv hertz....
  6. Mom needs help

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mom needs help: My son asked me to purchase robux for his roblox game. I purchased some from the Microsoft store and received an email confirming my purchase. Now I don't know how to get the robux for him so he...
  7. Mom had no clue and now needs help with account transfer

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Mom had no clue and now needs help with account transfer: Hi and thanks. One year ago I bought my 11yo kid an Xbox and set him up under my name with Xbox Live. After him charging without permission and playing like a fiend, I realized I should have set...
  8. Help a Mom out!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Help a Mom out!: So, I ordered an Xbox One S for my son a few weeks ago. I figured out to set it all up and we thought we were good to go. I started the download of Forza (came with the console) and was a little...
  9. Mom needs help

in XBoX on Consoles
    Mom needs help: I will start by saying I am not tech savvy when it comes to gaming systems. My son only wanted an Xbox one for Christmas. He was so excited...problem is I can't get it to set up. I know the...
  10. This mom has NO Clue! Help!!!

in XBoX on Consoles
    This mom has NO Clue! Help!!!: My son purchased 2 car packs on Rocket League, we can't find them, he has purchased things before with no problem. Any ideas? TYIA They are DLC. 684232e5-36c4-48fd-a53c-9c68d38b0dfe