Hello there all of my buttons on my xbox controller are not functioning, a bit of help please?

Discus and support Hello there all of my buttons on my xbox controller are not functioning, a bit of help please? in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; all the buttons on my xbox controller arent working abit of help plz 5dbf765d-52f3-44bd-9c62-360bc5a1a465 Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by Zack Bradding, Aug 11, 2023.

1. Hello there all of my buttons on my xbox controller are not functioning, a bit of help please?

all the buttons on my xbox controller arent working abit of help plz

:)

Zack Bradding, Aug 11, 2023
  2. Rishabh0067 Win User

Hello there all of my buttons on my xbox controller are not functioning, a bit of help please?

Hi
    My name is Rishabh, I hope you are doing great out there. I’m happy to help you with your question.

If none of the buttons on your Xbox controller are functioning, there could be several potential reasons for this issue. Here are some steps you can take to troubleshoot the problem:

1. Check Batteries or Power Source:
    If you're using a wireless controller, make sure the batteries are not depleted. If you're using a wired controller, ensure that it's properly connected to the Xbox console or PC.

2. Restart Your Console or PC:
    Try restarting your Xbox console or PC. Sometimes, a simple restart can resolve temporary glitches that might be affecting the controller's functionality.

3. Check Controller Connections:
    If you're using a wired controller, check the USB cable for any damage or loose connections. If you're using a wireless controller, make sure it's properly synced with the console or PC.

4. Update Controller Firmware:
    Check if there are any firmware updates available for your controller. Connect the controller to your console or PC and follow the instructions to update the firmware.

5. Reconnect the Controller:
    For wireless controllers, try disconnecting and then reconnecting the controller. Press and hold the Xbox button on the controller to turn it off, and then press it again to turn it back on.

6. Check for Interference:
    If you're using a wireless controller, ensure there are no devices or objects causing wireless interference between the controller and the console.

7. Try a Different Controller:
    If you have access to another Xbox controller, try connecting that one to see if it works. This can help determine if the issue is with the controller itself or the console/PC.

8. Check for Updates:
    Make sure your Xbox console or PC's operating system is up to date. Outdated software can sometimes cause controller issues.

9. Check Controller Settings:
    On your Xbox console or PC, go to the settings menu and check the controller settings to ensure they are properly configured.

10. Reset Controller:
    For Xbox Wireless Controllers, there is a small pinhole button on the back near the center. Use a paperclip or similar object to press and hold this button for a few seconds to reset the controller.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks and regards
    Rishabh Sohal
  3. The Kleaner Win User

Disable Xbox Controller Buttons…Again as a default function

Hello Sun,

Thank you for your reply.

1. Currently in the consoles settings you can choose the 4th option down, devices & connections.accessories..

2. From there select the first option, accessories.

3. This takes you to the Xbox Accessories menu.

4. Select “controller - configure.

5. You will be brought to a screen in which you can swap/change button functions.. For example, my profile is currently set to reverse the functions of my ‘B’ button and my stick click. When I click my right stick button, it registers as a ‘B’ button push.

Note, this function works, No problem.

Request/Problem - DISABLE BUTTON FUNCTION.

1. Settings will let you change/swap button functions but you CANNOT DISABLE a button function in its current state.

I have owned an Xbox elite v1 controller and 3 elite v2 controllers unfortunately they kept breaking so I’ve retuned them all. However, I want to point out. While using an elite controller, if you go to the Microsoft accessories tab YOU CAN DISABLE buttons on an elite controller.

I remember being able to disable button on standard controllers before the elite v1 was introduced. When I asked this same question a year ago, the independent advisor told me the same thing. This used to be a standard function. When he checked for the ability to disable buttons he was really surprised, it was gone.

Since returning all my Elite controllers I’ve replaced them with 2 Microsoft authorized/certified PRO controllers. A razer Wolverine and eswap-s controller. If team Xbox and Phil Spencer want to keep this function/ability exclusively for ‘Pro’ Controllers that’s fine, but be fair about it. I’ve bought multiple 1st party controllers that (I could disable button s) but had issues and they failed very quickly. I’m still investing in ‘Pro’ controllers that are authorized 3rd ’party products. Why don’t your 1st and 3rd party Devi es have parity? Both 1st and 3rd cost about the same,…in some cases the 3rd party is actually more expensive.

To summarize.

1. Xbox 1st party elite controller can disable and/or swap button presses.

2. Xbox Standard 1st party controllers can swap functions but not doable them.

3. Authorized Xbox 3rd party controllers match 1st party standard controllers. They can swap/change button functions but not disable button functions.

4. Authorized Xbox 3rd party ‘Pro’ controllers are restricted to the same function as 1st and 3rd party standard controllers. They can only swap button functions. There is no way to disable button function.

The ability to disable button functions used to be a standard feature, for all controllers. All I’m asking is to have the ability to disable buttons be added back into the controller menu. If team Xbox want to keep that ability restricted to pro controllers, that’s fine but don’t penalize/exclude 3rd party controllers. As I mentioned, some 3rd party controllers are more expensive than the elite.

I’m just asking to get back what originally was a standard function for ALL CONTROLLERS a few year back.

Please add the ability to DISABLE BUTTON FUNCTION back into the hands of the players.
  4. Kknight666 Win User

Xbox one home button not working

I’ve tried that several times and it has not worked. My controller was working fine until a few days ago when my home button lost functionality bit by bit. First i couldn’t hold it down to bring up the options to turn off my controller then i wasnt able
    to power on my console from my controller after that the controller wouldnt even turn on without plugging it into my xbox vis usb cable and even when it stayed on wireless the home button still wouldn’t work. i dont want to buy another controller in case its
    a software issue instead of a hardware issue. HELP
  5. XBF - Evie Win User

Cannot Select Shipping Address for Warranty Replacement

Hello Makwyf,

Please visit Xbox Support and request a call or begin a chat with the virtual agent. If you select the Virtual Agent, please use the phrase "my controller is broke". Then, select your controller type > I have a problem with my controller > My controller doesn't function > Some or all of my controller buttons don't work. After this, you will be prompted to enter the 14-digit serial number for the controller and then will be sent a webform to request a new controller replacement.

Sincerely,

Xbox Customer Success Manager

Microsoft Community
  6. NCOCS Win User

Xbox one s controller view button not working

This is absolutely not helpful. There is nothing that resetting the console will do to fix a single controller button not functioning.

Just wanted to drop my experience here—in November my partner bought me the Fortnite purple controller, and it came with a defective (half-functioning, maybe functional 35% of the time) view button. Filed a warranty claim, got a new one, which had an
    entirely non-functional view button. Filed another one, sent that one in, got my new one today, and guess what—it's ALSO defective, with another entirely non-functional view button.

I'm about to talk to another representative because I'm absolutely livid at this point. It shouldn't take three months to get my hands on a functional controller from the
    people who make the controller. Hopefully controller #4 is the charm.
Thema:

1. Hello there all of my buttons on my xbox controller are not functioning, a bit of help please? - Similar Threads - Hello buttons controller

2. Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens...: Hello, When I Use Microsoft Rewards, Only Few Gift Cards Appear Because That Happens PostData: I am from the United States and I live there 3832f2cc-1a87-497d-bb04-42dc406796ce
  3. hello my friends, look at my games and add me if you want

in XboX Insiders
    hello my friends, look at my games and add me if you want: Chcete byť priateľmi s používateľom Stephan#2447 v Xboxe? Kliknite na prepojenie. https://www.xbox.com/play/share/friend/25MnYsitWA submitted by /u/Stephan-14 [link] [comments]
  4. ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s

in XboX Insiders
    ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s: ‎‏Hello, I am an Xbox fan and I would like the Steam store to be added to the Xbox Series s submitted by /u/secuirte [link] [comments]
  5. Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, i'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor: I'm trying to Connect my Xbox series s to an HP le2002x monitor but every time it says "out of range , change resolution to 1900x900 60HZ" i tried to restart the Xbox and change but it still...
  6. Hello why when i trie to connect wifi on xbox 360 it says to use a wireless internent...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello why when i trie to connect wifi on xbox 360 it says to use a wireless internent...: Hello why when i try to connect my wifi on my x box three sixty it says To use Internet connection connect an xbox 360 Wireless Networking ADAPTER to your console and the wifi it will be next to...
  7. 100% Packet Loss. Hello, I would like to BlAmE tHe InTeRnEt CoMpAnY

in XBoX on Consoles
    100% Packet Loss. Hello, I would like to BlAmE tHe InTeRnEt CoMpAnY: So, with this huge outage, for almost 2 hours, I took the liberty to check for packet loss. Yup, 100% packet loss, the whole time. Imagine that. It’s you all. Please fix this, [img]...
  8. Hello my problem is my sync button is broken so I can’t connect my controller to my Xbox...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello my problem is my sync button is broken so I can’t connect my controller to my Xbox...: Hello my problem is my sync button is broken so I can’t connect my controller to my Xbox and my Xbox is Xbox one and I tried to fix it but it didn’t work I hope you give me a real solution...
  9. Hello i cant see minecraft trial install button but i can see "you have a trial for this...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello i cant see minecraft trial install button but i can see "you have a trial for this...: Hello i cant see minecraft trial install button but i can see "you have a trial for this game" please fix it 8fc693f0-ba24-42bb-95da-0d02c68e6dbf
  10. When pressing the Xbox button nothing shows up on Hello Neighbour

in XboX Insiders
    When pressing the Xbox button nothing shows up on Hello Neighbour: My brother was playing Hello Neighbour, I went on and pressed the Xbox button all it does is dim the screen but the menu doesn't pop up at all. submitted by /u/Nutcase363 [link] [comments]