Hello! I'm some guy who streams over at Beam; Microsoft's recent acquisition.

Discus and support Hello! I'm some guy who streams over at Beam; Microsoft's recent acquisition. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; [Beam, from a streamer's perspective] So many of you have probably heard about Microsoft's acquisition of Beam; the interactive streaming service, and... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Player901730270, Aug 11, 2016.

1. Hello! I'm some guy who streams over at Beam; Microsoft's recent acquisition.

[Beam, from a streamer's perspective]

So many of you have probably heard about Microsoft's acquisition of Beam; the interactive streaming service, and are wondering what the big deal is. I just thought I'd offer an inside perspective as a streamer who so far, loves casting there.

I ran a stream over at Twitch a few months back but had to go on an extended break. Upon my return to casting, I thought I'd give beam a shot since a few of my streamer friends had migrated there. Having been there for almost a month now, I must say that
    I'm really impressed how such a small startup has been managing to innovate and implement with piston-like efficiency. The Beam team have really been on top of things in the way of bug smashing and optimizing the user experience. Speaking of user experience,
    I have spoken to some of the new wave of viewers coming over to Beam and they mostly seem to comment on the sleek UI and UX. The standard interfaces found through Beam are sharp, simple and useful. Just earlier I was streaming and one of my regulars reckoned
    that I look like Andy Samberg (I don't!) - Since Beam has an in-built poll system, I used that to settle things!

Interactive streaming is one of the main selling points of Beam. Due to third party developer support, devs can submit button layouts and connectivity using Beam's API. Now personally I'm not very tech savvy, as well as having a distinct aversion to programming.
    Fortunately enough, I was able to use a pre-made interface due to one of the devs posting it up for public use. What this means, is that a non-technical person such as myself can create a channel, use a free interface, and get a soundboard going. Which is
    exactly what I did. The connection this creates with my audience is amazing and I encourage any future streamers/viewers to try this out!

Before this becomes too long of a ramble, let me tell you what really sold me on this new platform. As many of us Twitch users know, Twitch's stream delays range from 12-15 seconds. This is agonizingly long when you're trying to chat with a streamer,
    or when the streamer is looking for advice etc. from the audience. Beam have recently reduced the latency of all streams to an average of around 2-3 seconds, with speed increases impending. It's almost skype call levels of fast and it makes everything feel
    so much smoother when it comes to streamer/audience interaction.

There is much more to Beam but I think I've given you all a reasonably good picture of why Beam attracted Microsoft's attention. Feel free to ask questions and I'll do my best to answer them.

Happy gaming, and I hope to see you on Beam!

Ramoach - www.beam.pro/ramoach

:)

Player901730270, Aug 11, 2016
  2. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Cities Skylines Money Hack

I'm not a fan of using cheats or glitches especially if they disable achievements. I just won this game from an ambassador Beam stream (game giveaways every Tuesday on the ambassador Beam stream at 3Hello! I'm some guy who streams over at Beam; Microsoft's recent acquisition. :pm eastern time)

brandiesel1, Aug 11, 2016
  3. brandiesel1
    brandiesel1 Guest
    Cities Skylines Money Hack

I'm not a fan of using cheats or glitches especially if they disable achievements. I just won this game from an ambassador Beam stream (game giveaways every Tuesday on the ambassador Beam stream at 3Hello! I'm some guy who streams over at Beam; Microsoft's recent acquisition. :pm eastern time)

brandiesel1, Aug 11, 2016
  4. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest

Wow, is it me or is this literally like reading an advertisement? I was half expecting to read "it slices, it dices, it even cuts through a soda can!"

Also, this account looks really suspicious, only three games played and all of them free from the Windows Store.

Shaggy2000, Aug 15, 2016
  5. You're entitled to your own opinion. This post went down pretty well on reddit though FYI. I welcome constructive feedback as I always aim to improve my writing, so if you care to highlight a couple of key points that put you off, I'm all eyes.

As for the suspiciousness of the account, well my previous post was the first time I ever used it.

Player901730270, Aug 15, 2016
  6. Shaggy2000
    Shaggy2000 Guest
    Nothing wrong with the post itself, just the fact that it looks like an advertisement for a service, and it looks like the account was possibly created purely for the purpose of posting adverts on sites like this.

Just saying.

Shaggy2000, Oct 31, 2018
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema: