Hello if I play a game on cloud and then download the game will I have to start from the start?

Discus and support Hello if I play a game on cloud and then download the game will I have to start from the start? in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; Hello if I play a game on cloud and then download the game will I have to start from the start again ? 0a0306b1-1a30-46b9-8cbc-c065de2902c3 Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by lee mc callig, Sep 21, 2023.

1. Hello if I play a game on cloud and then download the game will I have to start from the start?

Hello if I play a game on cloud and then download the game will I have to start from the start again ?

:)

lee mc callig, Sep 21, 2023
  2. Gerardo CG Win User

Hello if I play a game on cloud and then download the game will I have to start from the start?

Hi there Lee, my name is Gerardo, and I'm an Xbox player, just like you. I'll be happy to assist you with any questions or concerns you may have.

Don't worry, the progress would be the same as the one you made through Xbox Cloud Gaming as long as you download the game on an Xbox console (since the version of the game that runs in the cloud is the same as the one that runs on Xbox consoles).

On the other hand, if you download it on a PC, it will depend on the game, as progress between the console or Xbox Cloud Gaming version of the game is transferred to the PC version if the game is part of the Xbox Play Anywhere catalog:

https://www.xbox.com/games/xbox-play-anywhere

If the game is part of Xbox Play Anywhere, then you will have the same progress on PC, and if it is not part of the catalog, unfortunately, the progress is different between both platforms.

I hope this helps, and if you have any more questions, please let me know.

Best regards.
  3. Emirhanhasan Win User

Cloud gaming

Hello im having issues with xbox cloud gaming when i start playing a game in just freezes
  4. Tezzerrific Win User

What exactly are local saved games on xbox and should I clear them?

basically every game you play has a save file, you need this obviously, they are not huge, there is a local copy and that is synced to the cloud, if you delete the local it should download it from the cloud again when you start the game, i would leave them as is or you may end up losing some and having to start games from scratch.
  5. XBF Brad A Win User

Transferring Xbox One saves to PC.

Hello AWCM,

Thanks for coming to the forums. Unfortunately, it is not possible to transfer save data. The games that are play anywhere titles, will download your save from the cloud. If you purchase through steam or download from game pass, you will need to start fresh.

Thanks,

Brad
  6. GMS1stLDYCannon Win User

Xbox reset query

Hello no all the information will still be the same and saved on the cloud. As soon as you open up the game to play it will open up the saves from the cloud. If you dont want that you would have to start a whole new game.
Thema:

1. Hello if I play a game on cloud and then download the game will I have to start from the start? - Similar Threads - Hello play game

2. Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games: Hello Why can't I invite game to my friends! And i cant play online games 4178a91d-d1dc-4e4b-a91f-53ad85ce6bfb
  3. hello, i bought game pass core so i can play gta5 online but it is written that my account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    hello, i bought game pass core so i can play gta5 online but it is written that my account...: how can i chek what is goin on?? a671ce25-730c-4696-883c-09bc65e877e4
  4. Hello, I was wondering why I received a strike while I was playing my game

in XBoX Accessibility
    Hello, I was wondering why I received a strike while I was playing my game: Hello, I was playing Fortnite and I received a suspension and I do not understand why I’ve been trying to figure it out and I just wanted to submit an appeal 7622864d-080d-496c-9347-ba44a8c76581
  5. Hello, I recently got a Xbox series s carbon black and when I play games such as rocket...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Hello, I recently got a Xbox series s carbon black and when I play games such as rocket...: Xbox is 2 weeks old. When I played on switch I didn't have a lag issue 088c0f7a-beab-41ed-9473-acd3c7137367
  6. Hello. I can't play EA FC24 with my friend. He is in my friends, but the game does not see...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello. I can't play EA FC24 with my friend. He is in my friends, but the game does not see...: Hello. I can't play EA FC24 with my friend. He is in my friends, but the game does not see him. He has an Xbox one and I have an Xbox series X. What could be the problem?...
  7. hello, I have some games installed on my PC in the xbox game app, but when I want to play...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hello, I have some games installed on my PC in the xbox game app, but when I want to play...: hello, I have some games installed on my PC in the xbox game app, but when I want to play them in the xbox cloud, the icon for the cloud does not appear, what can I do? <Changed to a question>...
  8. Hello. So i have a Xbox series X and this only happens to this game. When i play minecraft...

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello. So i have a Xbox series X and this only happens to this game. When i play minecraft...: Hello. So i have a Xbox series X and this only happens to this game. When i play minecraft the sound will cut out and come back on after a few minutes. This does not happen to any other game I...
  9. Hello! For some reason I can't play the game in my notebook even do tho I bought it in my...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello! For some reason I can't play the game in my notebook even do tho I bought it in my...: Well, after buying the game on my PC I traveled to another city, but when trying to play the game ( using the same account I used to buy the game) the game said I had to buy it....
  10. Hello. I was wondering if i could play an assassins creed 3 xbox360 saved game on an...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello. I was wondering if i could play an assassins creed 3 xbox360 saved game on an...: Hello. I was wondering if i could play an assassins creed 3 xbox360 saved game on an assassins creed 3 remastered on xbox one x and, if so, how to do it. Thanks. 0e8bab94-087b-4e2f-8585-6f41b833a27f