Hello all, I have game pass and use the xbox app for PC, but downloads always fail at 100%.

Discus and support Hello all, I have game pass and use the xbox app for PC, but downloads always fail at 100%. in XBoX Games and Apps to solve the problem; As the title states, I've had some issues with downloading games for about a month now with no luck fixing it. I believe the issue started when I was... Discussion in 'XBoX Games and Apps' started by Noxynz, Jan 7, 2023.

1. Noxynz
    Noxynz Guest

Hello all, I have game pass and use the xbox app for PC, but downloads always fail at 100%.

As the title states, I've had some issues with downloading games for about a month now with no luck fixing it. I believe the issue started when I was having some blue screen issues and had to use the "Reset this PC" option from the troubleshooting menu, and thus lost most of my apps and programs. After redownloading most of them and launching the Xbox app, of course all the games stored on my boot drive were gone but so were the ones I had stored on a secondary drive. I tried to redownload them and that's when the problems started.

After downloading to 99% and reaching 100%, suddenly there was an error with the download and it would turn yellow and obviously not let me play. It gives me this error code:

Error Code: 0x80070005

I thought maybe it had something to do with the game files still being on the secondary drive, so I deleted them but it did the same thing, plus it does it with games I've never downloaded as well. After using the windows app settings to try and repair AND reset the Xbox app, no luck. So I tried to reinstall the app, but after uninstalling it and trying to use the Microsoft store to reinstall, it wouldn't download it and gave me the exact same error as the Xbox app was when it was failing to install games. I finally got the Xbox app to download by repairing the Microsoft store app and using WsReset.exe from the Run program, the restarting my PC. After reinstalling the Xbox app there was no change, it still keeps giving me errors and not installing anything.

I've tried pretty much every solution I've come across, including;

• Making sure I'm signed in with the correct account and that my gamepass subscription is active
    • Checking for updates, including windows updates
    • Checking for driver updates
    • Repairing, resetting, and reinstalling the Xbox app
    • Using powershell to uninstall and reinstall Gaming Services
    • Resetting the Microsoft store numerous times
    • Restarting my computer numerous times, including after all the above steps
    • Even used the Windows Install Media Creation tool to restore the OS using the "upgrade" option, keeping all my files.
    I'm using Windows 10 Pro by the way.

Any help is super appreciated. Also let me know if you need some more info.

:)

Noxynz, Jan 7, 2023
  2. Geri M. Win User

Hi Noxynz,

Welcome to Xbox Community Forums. We appreciate for sharing your concern with us and we hope that you are doing well today.

We understand the inconvenience caused. As per description, seems like you have done everything to fix the problem.

So far, from the details you provided, you can try the following steps on the links below and let us know the result. You can just skip those you have done already.

You may also try to check on this link How to remove malware or viruses from my Windows 10 PC - Microsoft Support

Let us know the result and we will get back to you as soon as we can. We may recommend further troubleshooting steps if still the problem persists.

We will be glad to follow up and help you.

Sincerely,

Xbox Forum Moderator

Microsoft Community
  3. Njal the Blue Win User

Xbox Live on PC

Yes you just need to use the Xbox app ti purchase and download games. There is a subscription service of Game Pass PC beta, you get 100 PC games to play. Your PC needs to be running the Windows 10 1903 update, to use Game Pass PC beta.
  4. StuartATrueRed Win User

Game Pass on both platforms.

If you have bought Game Pass Ultimate, then it includes Games Pass for Xbox, Game Pass for PC, EA Play for Xbox, Cloud Gaming on android & Xbox Live Gold. So yes, you can use it on your PC.

It's simple to use, download the Xbox app on your PC, log in with the account that has Game Pass Ultimate, and then download a game from the app, once downloaded, start the game.
  5. David Wirsching Win User

I have Xbox game pass ultimate on my Xbox but when I connected the same account to my Xbox I couldn't access it

Hello Peter D, My name is David. I am an independent advisor, happy to help you today.

Oh I'm glad you want to play on PC.
    Do you follow the steps to use your Xbox Game Pass on your PC?
    First make sure your PC meets the minimum requirements to run Xbox Game Pass games on PC. This includes having a supported version of Windows and the necessary hardware components, such as a suitable graphics card.

Then Download the Xbox app for PC Visit the official Xbox website and download the Xbox app for PC. You can find the download link in the Game Pass section or in the downloads section of the website.

Sign in with your Microsoft account Open the Xbox app for PC and sign in with the same Microsoft account that you use on your Xbox and that has Xbox Game Pass Ultimate.

Within the Xbox for PC app, you can find and select the option to subscribe to Xbox Game Pass for PC. Follow the prompts and provide the information necessary to complete the subscription process.

Best regards.
  6. XBF Diego M Win User

I can't download Vampyr!

Hi KacperBartnik,

Thank you for posting on the Xbox forums. I'd be happy to help.

In order to download PC games from the new Xbox Game pass for PC, you'll need to first download the Xbox Console Companion app (Beta) and then download the Xbox Game Pass PC app (Beta) from this website,

Xbox Game Pass for PC
    . Then, you need to make sure you have Windows version 1903.

Do you have all of these requirements? Where are you trying to download the game? Can you download other games from the Xbox Game Pass for PC?
Thema:

1. Hello all, I have game pass and use the xbox app for PC, but downloads always fail at 100%. - Similar Threads - Hello game pass

2. hello, i bought game pass core so i can play gta5 online but it is written that my account...

in XBoX Accessibility
    hello, i bought game pass core so i can play gta5 online but it is written that my account...: how can i chek what is goin on?? a671ce25-730c-4696-883c-09bc65e877e4
  3. Hello I was wondering how to upgrade to a Xbox game pass pc when you already put a gift...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello I was wondering how to upgrade to a Xbox game pass pc when you already put a gift...: Hello I was wondering how to upgrade to a Xbox game pass pc when you already put a gift card for Xbox pc that was 29.99 ? 204c71b8-0398-49de-9965-3bff7b4f5495
  4. Hello, I am not able to install forza Motorsport on Xbox One using game pass subscription....

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello, I am not able to install forza Motorsport on Xbox One using game pass subscription....: I tried installing Forza Motorsport via Xbox game pass from Microsoft store and it says not compatible on Xbox one even though the game is available for Xbox one. It says try on Xbox series X....
  5. Hello there i wanted to ask what does included with game pass in microsoft store means?...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello there i wanted to ask what does included with game pass in microsoft store means?...: just like this game and other games like forza 5 etc pls reply and respond 171c03a9-0342-4a2d-a5ff-778b98b56eb5
  6. Hello all, i got a free ultimate game pass and applied to my account for my daughter to...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello all, i got a free ultimate game pass and applied to my account for my daughter to...: i got a free ultimate game pass and applied to my account for my daughter to use, but she only has an xbox 360, does the ultimate game pass work on this xbox. thank you...
  7. hello! hey guys if i'm in jamaica and want to purchase game pass for pc how would i be able...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    hello! hey guys if i'm in jamaica and want to purchase game pass for pc how would i be able...: i'm currently in jamaica and want to purchase with my visa card but it shows me that I have to be in the united states to purchase I just would like to know how to make a purchase outside the U.S...
  8. Hello! I have been playing fh5 on the game pass.. and I'm thinking of purchasing the same...

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello! I have been playing fh5 on the game pass.. and I'm thinking of purchasing the same...: Hi! I got the Xbox ultimate! I've been enjoying fh5 a lot and I've thought of purchasing the game on steam. However, would my progress be saved? And transferred? 77ac1a4d-4f8f-40f8-9dad-64f2f845ea38
  9. Hello world email for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Sweepstakes

in XBoX on Windows
    Hello world email for Xbox Game Pass Ultimate Sweepstakes: I received this today stating I was one of the grand prize winners. I checked the actual company and attempted to contact their support but kept getting a error message - try again later. Is...
  10. Hello. I have Xbox Game Pass Unlimited but I can't play Mortal Kombat and The Evil Within.

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hello. I have Xbox Game Pass Unlimited but I can't play Mortal Kombat and The Evil Within.: I can't play the games because the play button is fully greened out for some reason. Anyone has a solution for this? [img] 2fd563d1-f116-4337-9aa1-fd686d735564