Hearing myself

Discus and support Hearing myself in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; I can hear myself through my headset but dont have the option to turn mic monitoring down because my controller adjust my headset volume on the dpad i... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Chicken Legssssssss, Mar 7, 2024.

1. Hearing myself

I can hear myself through my headset but dont have the option to turn mic monitoring down because my controller adjust my headset volume on the dpad i dont know what to do about this

:)

Chicken Legssssssss, Mar 7, 2024
  2. Rodrigo Oliver Win User

Hearing myself

Hi Chicken, my name is Rodrigo. I'm an Independent Advisor and a member of the Microsoft community and I'd love to assist you today.

I am sorry to hear that.

Are you using an official Xbox Controller?

Please, if you have one, adjust the settings using it.

Press the Xbox button to open the guide.

Select the Audio & music icon at the bottom of the guide.

"Mic monitoring:

This allows you to control how much of your own voice you hear in your headset.

Move the slider to the left to reduce the amount of your own voice you hear; move it to the right to hear your own voice more clearly.

Moving the slider completely to the left effectively eliminates your mic input from your headset audio."

You can also try the audio setup tool.

Press the Xbox button on your controller to open the guide.

Select Profile & system > Settings > General > Volume & audio output.

Select the Audio setup option under Advanced.

Highlight the audio setup option you wish to use and then press the A button to begin the audio test.

For more information: https://support.xbox.com/help/hardware-network/display-sound/troubleshoot-sound
  3. [Farscape] Win User

Hear myself on my headset

it is either mic monitoring ( a good feature that means you don't shout when using a headset)

or whoever you are connected with has there volume to high and you just hearing you voice bounce back.
  4. Mister Kernel Win User

Can hear myself but party can’t hear me

Hi there! Thanks for reaching out to us.

There's currently a service alert specifically for parties on Xbox One. We recommend keeping an eye on the service status
    page for any updates regarding this.

If you happen to still notice this issue after the service alert has lifted, we recommend trying out the steps from our Party Audio

troubleshooter

Be sure to keep us posted on your progress!
  5. Shaggy2000 Win User

Hearing myself in friends headset (Xbox One)

Funnily enough a friend of mine also has a Tritton headset, and I always get echos. We tried everything to get it sorted, in the end we gave up and we now live with it.

I personally think its Tritton headsets.
  6. AquarrzSudnnym Win User

I can't hear myself with mic-monitoring

Have you updated the controller firmware?

Settings>Devices>Accessories
Thema:

Hearing myself

1. Hearing myself - Similar Threads - Hearing myself

2. When i’m streaming on twitch why will I not be able to hear myself or my gameplay

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    When i’m streaming on twitch why will I not be able to hear myself or my gameplay: I’m trying to fix this problem because i wanna become a streamer but when i stream my audio doesn’t work no game sounds not me talking or my friends. Is there a way i can fix this...
  3. I have Mic monitoring turned off, but I can still hear myself on party chat

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have Mic monitoring turned off, but I can still hear myself on party chat: I have Mic monitoring turned off, and I can still hear myself... Now what? Google isn't helping. 4eb7e6fb-f331-4c73-9d05-f97948d0aaa5
  4. Twitch stream cannot hear my teammates EXCEPT when I mute myself

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Twitch stream cannot hear my teammates EXCEPT when I mute myself: I am absolutely EXHAUSTED trying to find a solution, I've been trying for awhile now to have it so my stream can hear the people that I am playing with. I've looked in to the volume & audio output...
  5. Hi I dont hear anything in my headphones but myself what do I do?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Hi I dont hear anything in my headphones but myself what do I do?: I don't hear anything but myself in my headphones what do I do? ddde26ca-958e-403d-b75a-35026ff9ec6c
  6. Why can I still hear myself even when I turned off mic monitoring?

in XBoX on Windows
    Why can I still hear myself even when I turned off mic monitoring?: I have a steel series artis prime wired headset idk if knowing that would help 4e28123f-9216-4ce9-8f7a-f913b38a8239
  7. I hear myself when earphones connected to gamepad. (Xbox Series S)

in XBoX on Windows
    I hear myself when earphones connected to gamepad. (Xbox Series S): Hi. Recently I bought earphones with microphone to use voice chat in games. But when I connected them to gamepad, I started hearing my voice in earphones. How do I fix this? I have Xbox Series S....
  8. I can hear myself through mic monitoring, but the people in my party can't. I've tried...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear myself through mic monitoring, but the people in my party can't. I've tried...: Hello. I’ve bought a new PowerA controller because my old one was broken and I’ve bought a new headset aswell. I connect my headset into my controller and I can hear myself through mic monitoring,...
  9. I can hear myself in my headset (Xbox Series S)

in XBoX on Consoles
    I can hear myself in my headset (Xbox Series S): I recently bought an Xbox Series S. When I plug my headset with a microphone everything works fine, except I can hear myself as I speak into the mic. I've already checked and it's plugged in...
  10. Can I make Xbox Game Bar party chat play my mic’s audio back to me so I can hear myself talk?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Can I make Xbox Game Bar party chat play my mic’s audio back to me so I can hear myself talk?: Is it possible to have Xbox Game Bar party chat play my mic’s audio back into my headset? This way I can hear myself talk without yelling (while playing a loud game)....