Headset works on skype but not party chat

Discus and support Headset works on skype but not party chat in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Hey guys, Pretty much what the title says, My friends don't have the same problem as me, one of them did but just for a couple of hours. My headset... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by SteelCityShadow, Jan 11, 2014.

1. Headset works on skype but not party chat

Hey guys, Pretty much what the title says, My friends don't have the same problem as me, one of them did but just for a couple of hours.

My headset works on skype but when I go to my friends party's or my own it's a pain in the backside cause they are all coming through my home cinema system and i can't use my headset, I have to use the Kinect microphone, Been like this for ages now.

Any ideas on how I can get this to work like other peoples headsets do ? I'v tried cleaning the connections like other places say to but thats not the case as the full headset works in skype.

A Solution from you guys/gals would be great , Thank you

:)

SteelCityShadow, Jan 11, 2014
  2. xbox one + Skype question

Hello. I just started using Skype video chat with my friend from the Philippines. She using her notebook an I'm on Xbox one. My question is, does the headset not work 100% in this situation? I plug my headset in an I can hear her,but she cant gear me.
    I have MIC problems sense day one but after few restarts it usually works( party chat glitch,where plug in doesn't work,goes through Kinect) Is there Skype glitch too?

The Pwnonator, Jan 11, 2014
  3. Beekdoor
    Beekdoor Guest
    Xbox One Headset Doesn't Work on Party Chat Only

I purchased my Xbox One on Launch day. Since then, I've experienced the normal party chat errors connecting with people and what not, however, now I'm experiencing a new problem when party chat actually works. My headset refuses to work on Xbox Party Chat.
    I can press all the buttons to mute/turn volume up and they work, but my headset doesn't recognize me speaking through it and the sound from other party chat members comes through the TV. However, if I use the headset on Skype, it works perfectly fine. This
    just started happening about a week ago. Before this, my headset worked on party chat.

I'm not sure if this is relevant, but my NAT is set up as a static IP and it is currently open.

Beekdoor, Jan 11, 2014
  4. BusGod
    BusGod Guest

Hey SteelCityShadow!

Lets try this: from the Home screen lets go to Settings>Kinect>Uncheck "use kinect microphone for chat"

Let us know if that helps!

BusGod, Jan 11, 2014
  5. BusGod Win User

Hey SteelCityShadow!

Lets try this: from the Home screen lets go to Settings>Kinect>Uncheck "use kinect microphone for chat"

Let us know if that helps!
  6. Rolfee Win User

Can't hear game sounds thru XBOX ONE Headset.

Hi Coorsl1te - game sounds do not route to the Xbox One Headset - it is used for Party Chat / Game Chat / Skype calls only.
  7. James Syme Win User

bluetooth mic mot detected by xbox app

Hi,

To better assist you with your concern, may we ask if you are using an Xbox One chat headset or a third party headset?

We're looking forward to your response.
    im using a sony bluetooth chat headset with my laptop, it works perfectly fine with skype and teamspeak, but isnt detected by the xbox for windows 10 app when i try to use it for party chat
  8. Beekdoor Win User

XBox one headset not working

I have the same exact problem. It worked before, but all of a sudden it randomly quit working. I've created a thread on this as well, but I haven't received any responses. My headset will work for Skype though, but not in party chats.
  9. Malacath Win User

Xbox / microsoft fail

The party chat only usually fails if someone in the party has NAT issues.

For private chat you can snap the Skype app and use Skype. It even works unsnapped.
Thema:

1. Headset works on skype but not party chat - Similar Threads - Headset works skype

2. Xbox Wireless headset is not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Wireless headset is not working: My Xbox Wireless headset will not connect to my Xbox when plugged in to many different outlets and cables, or even turn on if unplugged. I have tried all of the troubleshooting options and have...
  3. Headset not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset not working: I have a xbox Wireless headset this headset.Let's you change from hearing.Sound loud to quiet on the right side of the headset and only here games found and the only Here party sound on the left...
  4. I have read lots of stuff on how to fix this and nothing works, my headset chat mixer is...

in XBoX on Consoles
    I have read lots of stuff on how to fix this and nothing works, my headset chat mixer is...: I have read lots of stuff on how to fix this and nothing works, my headset chat mixer is all the way to the right (chat) and I cant change it. 0d0e852e-3d8f-4c9c-8c0c-15a35d510004
  5. New Xbox wireless headset does not work

in XBoX on Consoles
    New Xbox wireless headset does not work: My new Xbox wireless headset was working fine for an week and now it does not turn on. I have tried the reset method and it still doesn’t work. When I plug it to my console the white light cycle...
  6. Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working

in XboX Insiders
    Pdp xbox wireless headset audio and microphone not working: My Pdp headset isn’t working i’ve connected it to a pc and it works fine but when i plug the dongle into my xbox nothing comes out other then when i turn off my xbox i hear a static noise...
  7. Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset microphone doesn't work when connected to a XBox Series X controller - Windows 11: I've recently upgraded to Windows 11 and now when I connect my Headset to my Xbox Series X controller the microphone no longer works. I did the same as I did on Windows 10. I connected the USB C...
  8. Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC: Xbox wireless headset Mic does not work using the Xbox wireless adapter on Windows 11 PC It pairs and the headphones works, but mic does not work, even MS Teams says mic is not working.....
  9. Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party

in XboX Insiders
    Xbox wireless headset (Turtlebeach) only works when joining a party: Okay, just as the title suggests, my headset's microphone for my xbox (using a series X) only works when I join a party. When I create a party and I invite others, the only way for my microphone...
  10. How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?

in XBoX on Consoles
    How to make Xbox Elite Wireless Series 2 to work with wired headsets on BT? Even possible?: Xbox Elite Wireless Controller Series 2 doesn't seem to work with wired headphones when on BT. Works fine when on USB.. how to make it work? I bought 2 of these expecting to use them with...