headset won't talk to switch

Discus and support headset won't talk to switch in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; we have an xbox and purchased turtle beach recon 200 headset to play Fortnite but it will not allow chat with other players on a switch or tablet.... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by ConnorBaldauf, Jan 13, 2020.

1. headset won't talk to switch

we have an xbox and purchased turtle beach recon 200 headset to play Fortnite but it will not allow chat with other players on a switch or tablet.

:)

ConnorBaldauf, Jan 13, 2020
  2. peyton1234561 Win User

Make sure headset is fully charged and is not broken or damaged
  3. DrifterX22 Win User

Sounds like this is an issue related to cross-platform play.

How do multiplayer games and communication work for cross-network play?

In multiplayer games on Xbox Live, privacy and online safety controls determine who can communicate with you using voice and text.

Some games can be played across networks—between people on Xbox Live, people playing on Nintendo or PlayStation, and even, in some cases, on PC.

Set privacy and online safety settings for cross-network play

1. On Xbox One, press the Xbox button
       to open the guide, and then go to System >
      Settings > Account.
    2. Select Privacy & online safety >
      Xbox Live privacy
      > View details and customize >
      Communication & multiplayer
      Note For a family member, from
      Account, select Family settings > Manage family members. Choose a family member, and then follow step 2 above.
    3. Choose settings for the following options:
      • You can play with people outside of Xbox Live. This allows or prohibits all cross-network play. Choose
        Allow or Block.
      • You can communicate outside of Xbox Live with voice & text. When you allow cross-network play, you control who can communicate with you. Choose
        Everybody, Block, or In-game friends.
  4. Ms Honeys Win User

5. Jowster12 Win User

Make sure you have all your setting to the right settings.

You can also get turtle beach help also
    HERE
  6. Vinny #1 Win User

Make sure your audio options match the following xbox settings, game group or game only. Either way, have the headset plugged in before starting the game.
Thema:

1. headset won't talk to switch - Similar Threads - headset won't talk

2. My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.

in XBoX on Windows
    My Xbox wireless headset won't connect to my PC.: I have used an Xbox wireless headset for a while now on my Xbox series X. I now have bought a PC and am trying to use my headset on it. Every time I connect it no audio comes through and shortly...
  3. Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why won't Microsoft?Let us have access to the u s b headsets on xbox?: It seems like microsoft does not care about the customers. There is a myriad of reasons we want to use them. Mine is a sentimental reason from a deceased friend and I cannot use it. Help me make...
  4. Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset randomly turned off and won't turn back on. I tried doing hard reset...: Xbox wireless headset won't turn on . No lights . Nothing. It just randomly quit working outta nowhere. I tried hard reset , plugging into Xbox, plugging into the wall. Nothing ! It's not my...
  5. My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...

in XBoX on Consoles
    My HyperX headset won't work. My laptop recognises it to be plugged in, but I can't hear...: The issue started when I was gaming with some friends, and then around the time I was turning everything off, I noticed that I didn't have any audio. So I tried searching for guides and nothing...
  6. My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh

in XBoX on Consoles
    My pdp Xbox advanced wired rematch controllers mic won't work no matter the headset, ughhhh: everything works besides the mic of any head set all settings are correct as far as I know and have tried, it will cut on for a millisecond bday shutoff and not work again after I'm bout to give...
  7. Xbox discord sound won't work via wireless headset

in XBoX on Windows
    Xbox discord sound won't work via wireless headset: Whenever I connect my wireless headset to the console and join any discord party, the sound just won't work, even though, the mic works just fine and all the party members are able to hear me....
  8. Can't talk on headset/Audio output won't work

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    Can't talk on headset/Audio output won't work: Looking for help trying to fix my headset issue.. I've tried 3 controllers and two different headsets and the issue is still occurring. I can hear game chat as well as xbox live party chat,...
  9. Xbox One Headset, Can hear Others But Mic Won't talk back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Headset, Can hear Others But Mic Won't talk back: I was recently playing Bo2 when suddenly my mic wouldn't let me talk. I could hear my friends and the sound that was coming through it but they couldn't hear me when I tried to talk back to them....
  10. Xbox One Headset, Can hear Others But Mic Won't talk back

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox One Headset, Can hear Others But Mic Won't talk back: Staple you are having a different problem then us 04dda2b8-f506-4e96-bd89-ad2fa7666c6c