Headset wont play game or home screen audio, but will play party audio.

Discus and support Headset wont play game or home screen audio, but will play party audio. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; When I plug in my mic there isn't any chat mixer option. Everything's up to date. The Headset plays all audio on other devices. The controller knows... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Cornholio5959, Jun 6, 2020.

1. Headset wont play game or home screen audio, but will play party audio.

When I plug in my mic there isn't any chat mixer option. Everything's up to date. The Headset plays all audio on other devices. The controller knows when I plug and unplug the mic. But, it plays party chat audio just fine. It's been like this for almost
    a month now, please save me.

:)

Cornholio5959, Jun 6, 2020
  2. EleFreed128 Win User

Let's see if this works for you:

Hit xbox button on your controller

Go to profile and system

Go to audio

Then adjust your chat mixer setting and see if that helps.

I have mine at about 50%
  3. ThunderGod1943 Win User

Hi, Cornholio5959

First, you should check if you have any certain settings on your Xbox party and second could be your headset I have had this problem as well with some of my headsets where the mic would switch from hearing game and party to just game or just party that usually
    happens when the mic is starting to get faulty and if some more time it happens that the mic does not work unless you have to bend the wire a certain way it is definitely a problem with the mix not the Xbox or any settings.
  4. RobertErpelding Win User

Xbox one elite series 2 no audio

So party chat and mic work but the game audio wont play ? Any ideas ?
  5. PaNdAs RuLe546 Win User

Friend can hear me but I can't hear them (them Xbox me PC)

Go to settings then go to volume and audio output and make sure the party chat is going to your headset. If that doesnt help Press the home button and go to the section that has your profile picture then press audio and make sure the party chat isnt all
    the way to game audio.
  6. Balistic Chick Win User

Using earbuds for game audio

generally earbuds will only have party audio since that can be picked up from the controller connection. I havent seen a pair of earbuds (maybe the turtlebeach battlebuds but unsure) play game audio, i think for that you either need a bluetooth wireless
    gaming headset or a headset made for xbox to pick up game audio
Thema:

1. Headset wont play game or home screen audio, but will play party audio. - Similar Threads - Headset wont play

2. Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset mic wont be recognised on PC, using wireless adapter for pc: Hello. I've tried a long time to make my Xbox wireless headset mic to work on PC. I'm using the Xbox wireless adapter for pc, and I've been trying alot of things. Updating it to the latest...
  3. My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...

in XBoX Rewards & Social
    My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with anyone, i think we have set...: My sons xbox series s wont let him use a headset to talk with his friends, if i factory reset it can i download games i have already purchased again?? aa06192c-8517-4ebb-9060-4741170d0830
  4. whats wrong with my headset and why wont it work

in XBoX on Consoles
    whats wrong with my headset and why wont it work: i have just bought a stealth 600 gen 2 usb xbox turtle beach headset. and for the first 2-3 hours it worked great but now it makes the noise that its connected but it doesn't give me any sound,...
  5. Why wont my xbox let me turn my wired headset volume up?

in XBoX Games and Apps
    Why wont my xbox let me turn my wired headset volume up?: M i cant turn my headset volume up on xbox 7c218d18-be41-4185-bdae-b016b9aff9fd
  6. xbox wireless headset wont hard rest

in XBoX on Consoles
    xbox wireless headset wont hard rest: the headset just stopped working had it plugged in and when I went to use it again wouldnt turn on and will not hard reset. completely unresponsive Mic has volume in headset only but mic light...
  7. Xbox wireless headset wont turn on but the mic light is on help!

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox wireless headset wont turn on but the mic light is on help!: I tried to reset my xbox wireless headset because it wouldn't pair to my xbox. So I tried to reset it now it is powered off and the mic is still on and when plugged in it wont take charge...
  8. My Xbox wireless headset wont turn on after update.

in XBoX on Consoles
    My Xbox wireless headset wont turn on after update.: My headset Just keep trying to turn on as soon as I put the USB cable on the Series X or power outlet. The Orange light Just blink twice and the White light turn on, I can hear the sound, and...
  9. Headset mic wont work

in XBoX Accessibility
    Headset mic wont work: I have a stealth 600 gen 2 ps4 wireless headset and when I unmute the mic by pulling it down no one can hear me but I hear myself and anything going on in the computer. how do I fix this? if it...
  10. Wireless headset wont connect to my xbox 1s

in XboX Insiders
    Wireless headset wont connect to my xbox 1s: So ever since about when i started using wireless headsets (about 3ish years) ive been having connection issues and now its worse then ever and i dont know how to fix it so please if this is on...