Headset problem. Headset not the issue.

Discus and support Headset problem. Headset not the issue. in XBoX on Consoles to solve the problem; Not long after the update, I got the black screen when hitting the 'Home' button to back out of a game. I corrected that problem, but soon after, my... Discussion in 'XBoX on Consoles' started by Bryant theGiant, Feb 17, 2014.

1. Headset problem. Headset not the issue.

Not long after the update, I got the black screen when hitting the 'Home' button to back out of a game. I corrected that problem, but soon after, my headset stopped working. The sound of other players, or party, comes through my TV. And with the Kinect turned
    off for chat, nobody can hear me. The Mute button lights up when I hit turn it on and off. And I can hear the audio of the volume hitting max through the headset when I turn it all the way up. I've done a hard reset multiple times and it hasn't resolved itself.
    I know it's not a headset issue because I have 2 Xbox Ones and 4 controllers. On my One downstairs, every combination of controller and headset works. Upstairs,
    NO combination of any controller or headset works. Anyone having this issue? Or any ideas on how to resolve it?

:)

Bryant theGiant, Feb 17, 2014
  2. xbox one controller disconnects???

Has anyone returned their headset or headset adapter to see if a new headset adapter fixed this issue?

I am beginning to think that it might be a problem with the headset adapter and not the firmware update.

This doesn't seem to be an epidemic but more of an isolated problem for certain customers.

TowableBadge689, Feb 17, 2014
  3. PMS DejaVu
    PMS DejaVu Guest
    Xbox says mic is in but it isn't.

It sounds to me like it is a headset problem and not your xbox. I would suggest if you can plug in another headset even if it's the standard headset that come's with your xbox and see if you are still having the issue. If you aren't then you know for sure
    it's your headset.

PMS DejaVu, Feb 17, 2014
  4. Headset problem. Headset not the issue.

Well, this morning before I left for work, I unplugged the console and let sit like that all day. I had done multiple hard resets and let them sit unplugged for at least 5 minutes each time to no avail. So I figured since I was going to notify the Xbox Online
    Service Center tonight after work anyway, it wouldn't hurt to just leave the One unplugged all day while I was gone. Sure enough, after coming home and plugging it in, headset works fine again. No idea what caused the problem, or why the half dozen, 5+ minute
    hard resets didn't fix it yesterday. But it's working good again today. And I guess next time I'll know to just leave the system unplugged for a longer period if I need to do a reset for anything.

Bryant theGiant, Feb 18, 2014
    Error:Failed to connect to localhost port 9200: Connection refused
Thema:

Headset problem. Headset not the issue.