headset port stopped working after controller update

Discus and support headset port stopped working after controller update in XBoX Accessibility to solve the problem; earlier today updated one of my two design lab controllers (to 4.8.1908.0) and after update the headset port is no longer working is there a way to fix... Discussion in 'XBoX Accessibility' started by AliceFairy, Sep 2, 2019.

1. AliceFairy
    AliceFairy Guest

earlier today updated one of my two design lab controllers (to 4.8.1908.0) and after update the headset port is no longer working is there a way to fix or do i wait for other update or what? i dont wanna update my other one now incase same thing happens

:)

AliceFairy, Sep 2, 2019
  2. Zatomas Win User

Hi there!

Try following the troubleshooting here: https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-one/accessories/wired-headset-help

Hope it helps!
  3. AliceFairy Win User

dont think any of that will help since that's more for if doesnt work at all and my other controller does work so is there a way to reset the controller to earlier build?
  4. Sgt defcon Win User

Mic does not work

My port on the controller stopped working,try a headset adapter that should work.
  5. DARTH DINOBOT Win User

Controller/Headset Glitch

Have you recently update your controller by any chance? My headset has just stopped working after installing the latest software.
  6. NathanGrauer Win User

Razer Nari Ultimate with Xbox Elite Controller firmware needs to be updated

Again, I have tried updating it, wired, wireless (newer controllers can be updated wirelessly), with the headset plugged in and unplugged, and nothing works. Also after recieving my replacement controller, my headset has seemed to stop working. I am thinking
    it is the fault of the headset, but my replacement controller is having issues staying on with new batteries. A previous post on here said an old adapter would fix the problems, and if that is so, I would think it would be the controller having to support
    the headset, not the headset supporting the controller, as it works fine on a normal wireless controller.
Thema:

1. headset port stopped working after controller update - Similar Threads - headset port stopped

2. Why is the port for my headphones wobbly when i plug my headset in

in XBoX on Consoles
    Why is the port for my headphones wobbly when i plug my headset in: I just bought a brand new Series X yesterday and when i plugged my headset into my remote i noticed that the headphone jack wobbles around ALOT and effects the audio not sure why but its brand new...
  3. Headset into USB-C port

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset into USB-C port: Can you plug in a USB-C headset into the port of this Xbox one controller: https://www.xbox.com/en-US/accessories/controllers/xbox-wireless-controller ? 4d7b45ff-1131-4ecf-996a-0afdfadfc12b
  4. Xbox Series Controllers Losing Connection/Freezing With Wired Headset Plugged into AUX port...

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox Series Controllers Losing Connection/Freezing With Wired Headset Plugged into AUX port...: Hi just want to report a bug I've found with controllers constantly losing connection or freezing whenever playing on the console with a headset plugged into the AUX port. I was told this is...
  5. Headset port not working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Headset port not working: I bought an Xbox one controller from eBay in August and now the headset port is not working. We emailed the seller on the 10th November, no reply. Emailed again on 24th November and they replied...
  6. Are xbox elite and 1708 controller Headset Connector Port the same?

in XboX Insiders
    Are xbox elite and 1708 controller Headset Connector Port the same?: [IMG] If you don't consider the color. Are the headphone jack of the Xbox elite controller and the headphone jack of the Xbox one slim universal? I see the following picture, including the...
  7. Request: please allow headset functionality through the Xbox One controller audio port when...

in XboX Insiders
    Request: please allow headset functionality through the Xbox One controller audio port when...: I don't know if this is possible just by updating bluetooth drivers or if it simply can't work because of the nature of android and how it handles devices. But if we can, it would be a welcome...
  8. Xbox elite controllers headset port quit working

in XBoX on Consoles
    Xbox elite controllers headset port quit working: After 8 months of use my headset stopped working when plugged into my xbox elite series 2 controller. When I plug my headset into a different controller it works fine. When I plug it into the...
  9. Will my Omen Mindframe Headset work if i connect them to the usb port of my Xbox One?

in XBoX on Consoles
    Will my Omen Mindframe Headset work if i connect them to the usb port of my Xbox One?: I recently got this headset but when I connect them to the Xbox (on the usb port) i just can turn them on but I cant talk or hear anything. What I need to do to make them work?...
  10. issues with xbox one control port for headset

in XBoX on Consoles
    issues with xbox one control port for headset: Hi, I have had 4 controllers since dec and they all last about 1 month before the port where the headset plugs in comes faulty any ideas why this is happening? bc489d45-2195-4b7e-a156-552b84bf14d0